Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Directional cover-Somewhat.
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:  Directional cover-Somewhat. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Something that I was playing with and planing for..The thing is now I am using Fire.wall logic that makes the wall an actual structure only side drawback is the units walkover the wall it self since its not activated.

There is another way but its rather lengthy method which is to cut the wall sections into various building sections in which it can be pre-placed around the map like some sort of directional cover or vantage point in map.

I have not quite figured out how would the weapon act tho now as it is is just casting a heal + buff when the infantry is damaged since the case is just player built firewall. But once its  Pre-placed in the map the every section can attack the infantry with damage and advantage is taken for the fist infantry that is around/near the wall itself the thing is whether it changes   targets of which it may be flawed but I haven't quite tried Area Fire form RadEruptionWeapon yet which effects both enemies at once with out Turing one buff from enemy to another based on who attacked it which  can be fixed by using invulnerable logic (but no wall is invulnerable #Tongue )

Company of hero's like cover.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  157.77 KB
 Viewed:  2596 Time(s)

Company of hero's like cover.png

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice can you pm me the code if possible

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The whole thing is buggy really I don't recommend it, wait until I atleast the best result, ill post here.

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well send me the code and We can try to improve it together.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea but once enemy moves past the wall and has clear line of sight at the troops they still get 'cover' support just being close to wall...

It is reduced to an faked cover at that point besides all other bugs.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes that happens. the thing is if you either Pre-place it make attack anyone on the map which makes every gets cover we they run close or build yourself and place infantry near it an when they get attacked it automatically heals them and give them the cover bonus as well.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could try making it a special pavement the walls go on. But then you would have to make pavement in RA2.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you elaborate ?

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could make it a pavement (because pavement is a building and an overlay) that you build walls on and call it wall base this pavement would have your special logic on. Of course by default RA2 does not have pavement so you will have to add that in. But that should work in theory.

But I might just be Madd.

Algerian Major
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well what i could use it for is to make trees give this cover effect so direction is not important

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Algerian Major wrote:
well what i could use it for is to make trees give this cover effect so direction is not important

Bu7loos' Wall was not overlay in the test but actual building so no, you can't put attach effect into an tree... unless start placing fake building trees...

Needless to say your mod will take years with your coding understanding as of this point.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
pavement is a building and an overlay

Pavement is a terrain tile & not an overlay & the building is just a dummy used only for placement.

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
by default RA2 does not have pavement

It's not buildable but default but RA2 does have pavement! It's very simple but also pointless to make it buildable tho.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isaac_The_Madd wrote:
But I might just be Madd.

Meaning I thought I was probably wrong. I knew it is a dummy building for placement I thought it stayed there.
Anyway give your "wall" logic to an invisible wall, that you place on either side of your actual wall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon