Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
How do I make a flying MCV that can deploy when it lands?
Moderators: Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have some question about deploy able unit. with current version is it possible to make Flying MCV? because I have try to  make MCV work like Helicopter but the game give me error.

Crystallize of Doom look really good. I'm looking forward to it.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ya, thats totally possible, the only problem right now is that your aircraft wont land before deploying, it will banish and the buildup will play.

Now I remeber I had a crash problem the first time I tried that, I dont remember what I did to fix it, it was mostly double checking my code along with the trait on github and the code of the conyard, I'll post again when I remember what it was, sorry.

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Last edited by Nolt on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: #2 Weapons Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Inb4 someone makes a Baneblade for OpenRA #Tongue

Why go for a Baneblade when you can go for the Capitol Imperialis? It's basically a Titan-sized tank capable of deploying entire regiments from it's armoured hull (including mechanized regiments with vehicles), has HQ and comm. capabilities, and it has a cannon so big, four tanks can ride fit in the barrel.  Laughing

Is it already possible to use a mobile radar like the GLA does in Generals?

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, at the very least it isn't hard to make a giant vehicle, just type the right number in the right place and it's done.

Edit: That same harpy can give you radar by adding a trait, so ya, a radar van should be possible.

mcv.gif
 Description:
Seems my old notebook is very lame at making gifs, done w/ an extremely old version of openra.
 Filesize:  550.66 KB
 Viewed:  15408 Time(s)

mcv.gif

ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh cool! this is exactly what I looking for. only problem is he Seem to deploy right from the air no  landing.

thank you very much to show me such useful information.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The vehicle still turns to land, so at least it's not hard to make a landing animation anyway.
I wish I understood github, I'd like to play around with RA2/TS as well, maybe even make larger or smaller cells if possible.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You dont need to understant github to mod openra, you need it to develop more traits and mechanics for the game.

If you want to mod Openra as if it were ts or ra2, then get notepad++ and download the latest build.

You'll have to check the codes of the other units and the traits page of github to guide yourself and then... Just inyect time.until you get something you desire, the size of the tiles can be tweaked at mod.yaml IIRC.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
The vehicle still turns to land, so at least it's not hard to make a landing animation anyway.
I wish I understood github, I'd like to play around with RA2/TS as well, maybe even make larger or smaller cells if possible.

what i worry is about synce between unit shadow generate by engine and shadow gfx inside deploy animation.

and the fact is real unit stay on land while animation when redeploy send them to the air.

maybe the best and easiest way to make it look good is just not include unit image on deploy animation just like these example gif.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LandWhenIdle: true on the Helicopter trait, all problems solved.

Also requesting split, this topic ain't supposed to be a I-stuck-help-me topic.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the time being I agree that it could help, but I think a LandToDeploy Trait will be needed one day, the hype of a potential sci fi chooper or deployable battlecruiser is just too much.

And I agree with Graion, split this topic please.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As requested, the Blog topic was splitted.

pchote
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I filed #8953 to fix the transforming while flying issue.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have try to put SHP aircraft unit but for some reason seem like the game didn't reconize "RenderUnit" tag and force me use "RenderSprite" [which I assume as Voxel render code since the game away ask me for voxel file which I don't use].

Quote:
; Sequence
kodits:
idle:
Start: 0
Facings: 32
muzzle: gunfire
Length: *
damaged-idle:
Facings: 32
icon: orcaicon

Quote:
; Rules
KODITS:
Inherits: ^Helicopter
Valued:
Cost: 2400
Tooltip:
Name: Kodiak
Description: Battle Cruiser with Powerful Cannon.\n Strong vs Everything
Buildable:
BuildPaletteOrder: 20
Prerequisites: ~gahpad
Selectable:
Bounds: 56,56
Helicopter:
ROT: 3
Speed: 72
Health:
HP: 600
Armor:
Type: Heavy
RevealsShroud:
Range: 8c0
Armament@PRIMARY:
Weapon: KodiakGun
LocalOffset: 427,-384,-213, 427,384,-213
MuzzleSequence: muzzle
Armament@SECONDARY:
Weapon: KodiMissiles
LocalOffset: 227,-384,-213, 227,384,-213
MuzzleSequence: muzzle
AttackHeli:
FacingTolerance: 20
RenderUnit:
AutoTarget:

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It asks for a voxel because it has RenderVoxels and WithVoxelBody on the aircraft "template" (your unit inherits Helicopter and helicopter inherits aircraft, check that on defaults.yaml).

add -RenderVoxels: and -WithVoxelBody: to the rules of your unit, I don't know if it will fix the whole issue, but Openra shouldn't ask you for voxels after adding this.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I try to put both code inside but it still ask me for voxel.

Quote:
Exception of type `System.InvalidOperationException`: Unit `kodits` does not have any voxels defined.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which version is this? Release or playtest?

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bleed version

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bleed... RenderUnit...

RenderUnit does not exist anymore. You wast to use RenderSprites with WithFacingSpriteBody, like the RA1 aircrafts.

=======================

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I delete renderunit and put this code inside my unit. still not work the game still ask me for voxel file. - -

Quote:

RenderSprites
WithFacingSpriteBody:
    Sequence: stand
WithAttackAnimation:
    AttackSequence: shoot
WithMoveAnimation:
    MoveSequence: run

and seem like I found glitch on SHP vehicle [Wolverine] I found his move animation permanent freeze after he attack enemy or force attack ground but seem like Titan don't have this problem.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did this 2 days ago on my old version of openra using WithInfantryBody, RenderSprites and WithShadow, on the air it mostly plays the run animation on everything except when it's landed, maybe you can work things with the code I made for it, it's mostly a clone of the harpy, just replace all sequences with your single idle sequence.
Just note that this is test code, it may have a lot of traits that aren't really needed.

Code:
Sequence
wasp2:
   stand: wasp
      Start: 152
      Facings: 8
   run: wasp
      Start: 160
      Length: 8
   shoot: wasp
      Start: 224
      Length: 5
   icon: mmchicon   
Rules

WASP2:
   Valued:
      Cost: 1000
   Tooltip:
      Name: Wasp
      Description: Cloned from the harpy in everything except grahpics.
   Buildable:
      Queue: Air
      Prerequisites: ~nahpad
   Selectable:
      Bounds: 30,24
   Helicopter:
      LandWhenIdle: yes
      ROT: 5
      Speed: 149
      InitialFacing: 0
      LandableTerrainTypes: Clear
   Health:
      HP: 225
   Armor:
      Type: Light
   RenderSprites:
   # WithAttackAnimation:
   # AttackFrontal:
   WithInfantryBody:
      # AttackSequence: shoot
   WithShadow:   
   RevealsShroud:
      Range: 2c0
      Type: CenterPosition
   Armament:
      Weapon: HarpyClaw
   AttackHeli:
      Voice: Attack
#   Transforms:
   #   IntoActor: wasp1
   #   Facing: 159
   #   TransformSounds: place2.aud
   #   NoTransformSounds:
   #   Voice: Move   
   AmmoPool:
      Ammo: 12
      PipCount: 4
      PipType: Ammo
      PipTypeEmpty: AmmoEmpty
   AutoTarget:
   -RenderVoxels:
   -WithVoxelBody:
   # Hovers:

Phrohdoh
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Graion Dilach, Nolt; just so you know it is much easier to be sure of a version by sharing the commit has you are working off of.

For example bleed at the time of writing this is c9837280b989efe39bc33234a67f0778386577cd.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know - due to being Linux, I have to selfcompile my Crystallized Doom builds against Astor, which I always do with asking for the exact rev -, but I got used to not expecting people to realize anything on their own. Welcome on PPM.

=======================

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
I did this 2 days ago on my old version of openra using WithInfantryBody, RenderSprites and WithShadow, on the air it mostly plays the run animation on everything except when it's landed, maybe you can work things with the code I made for it, it's mostly a clone of the harpy, just replace all sequences with your single idle sequence.
Just note that this is test code, it may have a lot of traits that aren't really needed.

Wow those building and unit look really great.  Surprised  and thank you for the code. now I success to make my aircraft GFX appear in the game without crash but i face with another problem. I give my aircraft with different weapon such as 120mm , 120mmx , Hellfire but non of them work. for unknow reason my aircraft can't shoot those weapon. other than that i wonder if aircraft sequence allow me using "Facings: -32" for attack animation. because when I order my Unit attack target he will point his back to target instant of front. [I also check animation frame on sprite and I can't see any error on it]

Quote:

kodits:
 stand:
Length: 1
Facings: -32
 run:
Start: 32
Length: 1
 shoot:
Start: 64
Length: 5
 muzzle: gunfire
Length: *
 icon: obmbicon

Quote:

KODITS:
   Tooltip:
Name: Kodiak
Description: Battle Cruiser.
   Valued:
Cost: 500
   Buildable:
       Queue: Air
       Prerequisites: ~gahpad
   Helicopter:
CruiseAltitude: 3072
LandWhenIdle: false
InitialFacing: 20
ROT: 10
Speed: 74
AltitudeVelocity: 83
   Health:
       HP: 600
   Armor:
       Type: Light
   RenderSprites:
   WithShadow:  
   WithInfantryBody:    
   RevealsShroud:
Range: 10c0
Type: CenterPosition
   Armament:
Weapon: 120mm
LocalOffset: -172,-260,854, -172,260,854
   AttackHeli:
       Voice: Attack
   WithFacingSpriteBody:
Sequence: stand
   WithAttackAnimation:
AttackSequence: shoot
   WithMoveAnimation:
MoveSequence: run
   -RenderVoxels:
   -WithVoxelBody:
    AutoTarget:
    Hovers:
    Selectable:
Bounds: 48,48,0,-8

@Graion Dilach : My bleed version is about 2 day ago.

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your aircraft has no ammo, add AmmoPool to your battleship and try, I just removed that trait from my unit and that made it impossible to fire, if you need it to fire indefinetly, then try the tags SelfReloads and SelfReloadTicks, check This page for more info.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so... seem like Openra is no longer support infinity ammo for aircraft unit like old version without regenerate hack anymore then. :p

Unit I intent to make my unit work similar to airunit in starcraft battle cruiser which why i didn't try to put ammo on them. [which use to work on Openra public version]

however I'll see what I can do about it.

and here's is my another problem. this glitch not only effect to my unit but also effect to official Openra TS unit like Wolverine.

where unit move animation freeze after attack. [like their stuck on first frame of move animation]

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Report it on the tracker. It's clearly a bug.

=======================

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum