Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
TI & Windows 10: Positive Testing Results
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:  TI & Windows 10: Positive Testing Results Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A couple of days ago after researching the pros and cons of Windows 10, I took the leap of faith and decided to upgrade, afterall, it couldn't be any worse than Windows 8, right? Well, as an operating system (despite the privacy invasion) it is fantastic, in my opinion the best one developed since Windows XP!

My prime concern with the upgrade aside from the privacy issues was whether or not all my old games would still function properly, naturally you all know me as a Tiberian Sun modder, but along with all of my old school C&C games, I still play a lot of retro games from the better days. I'm very pleased to say that all of these games seem to work without a flaw, most importantly to me, Twisted Insurrection is completely compatible, Windows 10 even fixes a few technical issues that were caused by upgrading to Windows 8 a few years ago.
This is also thanks for the compatibility settings included with the latest Tiberian Sun client by Rampastring & the CNCNet Team.

The footage above was recorded using Windows 10's cool built in game recording software, which is part of the improved XBox app. The Game DVR allows you to record any game you're playing with or without an overlay toolbar. This was recorded using the highest video and audio quality, as you can see, it's not as could as it could be but it's still fairly competent and I'll be making better use of it as time goes on.

So I basically just wanted to share the news that Twisted Insurrection works without a flaw on Windows 10.  So do all of my other C&C Games, from Tiberian Dawn up to Command & Conquer 4 (spare me the "OMG WTF" today!), Dawn of the Tiberium Age and the new Tiberian Sun client all function properly too as intended.

Have fun!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for testing
Good to hear/read that there is a future for the older games.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't want to upgrade but the new features makes me want to.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T.T

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did not want to upgrade, in the end did, causing my computer to break.

I had to undo the installation of Windows 10, and everything works fine again.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fortunately Windows 10 has a useful "Go back to Windows 7/8" option in the Recovery menu.
I didn't end up having to use it however Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon