Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
GDI 09, Minor Construction Glitch
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Wayward Winds
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:  GDI 09, Minor Construction Glitch Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: I keep TI up to date.  Version as of typing; 0.40.32

So, I've been playing my way through the campaign, having restarted since v0.40 came out.  All's been going well so far and I'm really enjoying it, but I've spotted an oddity in GDI 09, Flight.  Ignoring my highly disorganised forces, can you see it?

Check the bottom right corner.  See that I can apparently build a "Hall of Faith"?  Except, it's not actually possible.  Click on it, EVA tells me "building", nothing happens.  Also, I keep getting random "new construction options", and my structure build menu keeps jumping up and down.  It appears that the UI keeps adding and removing the Hall of Faith.

A few more details: I played this mission with an eye to requisitioning Nod assets as I came across them.  You may notice a few patches of gold in odd places on the minimap; I fully captured every little outpost (minus turrets) on the western side of the map, and some of the main western base.  This ultimately gave me a pair of tiberium reactors, an advanced tiberium reactor, an additional service depot, a Nod radar, and most importantly, a hand of Nod and three Nod helipads.  Thus I can train basic Nod militants, tank hunters, machinists, incinerators, ghosts and hornets.  In addition, all GDI structures on the western side of the map remain intact at this point (*grumble* mole artillery ambushes *grumble*).
But even though it's a GDI construction yard and I don't have a Fist of Nod, the game seems confused on the matter of this Hall of Faith...

On the plus side, Nod is active from the moment the MCV deploys in this mission, unlike the last one where it took me launching an airstrike on their construction yard to actually get them to start properly fighting back!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He captured a Hand of Nod and a Nod Radar.
These give him the necessary Prerequisites to build it, but the Owner doesn't match. Thus the NCO bug.

This can not be fixed, until GDI and Nod get different construction yards, so these are added to all buildings as additional prerequisite. Only this way we could prevent a GDI player from building Nod buildings with his GDI conyard (and vice versa)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
He captured a Hand of Nod and a Nod Radar.
These give him the necessary Prerequisites to build it, but the Owner doesn't match. Thus the NCO bug.

But why? I don't remember capturing buildings causing the NCO bug before Confused Why doesn't it show the Seismic Projector then, since its only prerequisite is the Nod Radar.

Wayward Winds
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uh, just for the record, my original post linked the Fist of Nod as a requisite for the Hall of Faith.  That was because I was investigating the factions page on the main TI site at the time; it says the Hall of Faith needs a War Factory to become available (it doesn't, as I've just confirmed through skirmish).  You may want to change that.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't it be fixed for the mission by adding a building one cannot aquire (outside map or something) but is owned by the AI, and set that as one extra prerequisite?
Or perhaps at least make the issue less annoying by adding one of the buildings in the Nod base that do not exist to the west as extra prerequisite(like Fist of Nod)?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A hotfix for this mission is indeed possible and easy.

I meant more the general solution, which also works for every other map and multiplayer.

Public SHPs

Tools

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
But why? I don't remember capturing buildings causing the NCO bug before Confused Why doesn't it show the Seismic Projector then, since its only prerequisite is the Nod Radar.

This is because the Hall of Faith has 2 owners: Nod and NodB.
With only one owner this problem wouldn't be happening, but it needs 2 owners to prevent regular infantry from being produced at this structure and to prevent cyborgs from being produced at the Hand of Nod.

As LKO already mentioned, this can only be fixed by giving GDI and Nod separate Construction Yards (even if they look the same) and these are then used as prerequisites.
It takes some effort to code this however (since it requires several work-arounds), which is most likely the reason why this hasn't been done already.

Edit:
Judging from the code, regular Nod infantry can actually be produced from the Hall of Faith as well. Is this intentional?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Judging from the code, regular Nod infantry can actually be produced from the Hall of Faith as well. Is this intentional?

I don't know if it's intentional, but I have built regular infantry from the Hall of Faith.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you set the Hall of Faith as the primary 'barracks' it will indeed also produce normal inf. Can't recall if it works the other way around (Hand of Nod producing Cyborgs).

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
If you set the Hall of Faith as the primary 'barracks' it will indeed also produce normal inf. Can't recall if it works the other way around (Hand of Nod producing Cyborgs).

No, you can't produce cyborgs from Hand of Nod. I'm also not sure if the other way is intentional or not, but it can be bothersome. Sometimes I've trained a Machinist and wondered where he is when he's actually spawned near the HoF Neutral

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, it was intentional that the HoF can build normal infantry too.
Because otherwise HoN and HoF would have both needed the alternate warfactory workaround, thus making the code unnecessary complicated (might have been also problematic if Nod has no infantry at all and only NodA and NodB, e.g. there would need to be survivor clones of the Nod minigunner and engineer for house Nod, to prevent crashes when buildings are destroyed).

In addition is the HoF like an enhanced barracks, so there is no problem if it can produce simple infantry too.
You can't abuse the more expensive, slower producing HoF (due to door) like you can do with the cheap HoN. So it's also balanced if the HoF can produce simple infantry.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum