Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Sound Helper
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject:  C&C Sound Helper
Subject description: Because sound01.ini editing is way too annoying.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I've gotten back into the spirit of modding and have been toying with the TS Client, but I found that adding new audio to the game is a huge annoyance so I decided to write this little too instead of adding 500+ entries to the Sound01.ini after already adding 500+ entries just days previous.

It's designed to help in the more tedious processes of putting together audio by automating the renaming of wav files and more important automatically generating an partial sounds list to append to the end of the one in the Sounds01.ini and generates entries to append at the end of the ini in general with an option to add options like "Priority=100" to each and every one.

I'm going to say though, on the coding side of the tool, I'm still a novice programmer so I'm not going to say this is anything super spectacular but it sure saved me time. If people like it, I may improve upon it, unhardcode pieces and make it more flexible. Right now it only will rename in a certain way that may be annoying for other people.

If anyone is really interested in the code, I uploaded the repository to github. Be forewarned though, I made no attempt to separate the stuff that Eclipse generates from the actual code because I was lazy about it.

EDIT: Ok, so I forgot about checking on a bug where it puts the .WAV in the sound entry. I'll have it fixed and reuploaded in a jiffy. In the meantime, if you do use this, just do a ctrl-h and replace all .WAV entries with nothing.

EDIT2: Fixed. I should've finished adding in my sound entries to my mod before publishing this really, therefore, I would know it works.

SoundHelper.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SoundHelper.zip
 Filesize:  590.44 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [1 Post] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon