Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I need help from TS community
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Jamblam
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:  I need help from TS community Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So 2 days ago I downloaded TS from cncnet.org. Once my download finished I extracted everything from the rar folder to desktop I run cncnet TS from my desktop.

The problem is I cannot make rules.ini work for singleplayer.

One of the cncnet coders told me to come here I have rampstrings version.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My client (I'm Rampastring) isn't hosted on cncnet.org (aside for the download link). Are you sure you are using my client? http://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40462

If you're indeed using my client, you can just edit INI\Rules.ini.

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jamblam
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
My client (I'm Rampastring) isn't hosted on cncnet.org. Are you sure you are using my client? http://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40462

If you're indeed using my client, you can just edit INI\Rules.ini.
Yes that is exactly your client I am using. Even FunkyFr3sh also told me.

So if I edit the rules.ini in the INI folder rules.ini should work? I tried in singleplayer and skirmish and nothing changed.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jamblam wrote:
So if I edit the rules.ini in the INI folder rules.ini should work? I tried in singleplayer and skirmish and nothing changed.

Yes, you can edit Rules.ini in the INI folder and the changes will be applied. Just don't let the client update when you see the version mismatch dialog (click No on it).

Jamblam
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Jamblam wrote:

Yes, you can edit Rules.ini in the INI folder and the changes will be applied. Just don't let the client update when you see the version mismatch dialog (click No on it).
Ok that made it work. It seems like the client updates a lot though.

Do you guys update it a lot?

One other question.

Original TS when you make GDI or Nod own too many buildings and units in rules.in like if I change everything civilian to Nod and I launch game game crashes.

Did you guys fix this crash? I want as GDI or Nod to build everything.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jamblam wrote:

Not that much, but we will continue releasing updates for bug-fixes if we find additional bugs to fix. We might also release updates for significant client improvements. Overally the current client is already very mature, especially for singleplayer and skirmish, so you likely won't miss that much if you ignore any future updates.

Jamblam wrote:
Original TS when you make GDI or Nod own too many buildings and units in rules.in like if I change everything civilian to Nod and I launch game game crashes.

Sorry, but that bug is still there. The game crashes if you can build more than 74 objects from the sidebar, and we have no way of fixing it unless a skilled hacker steps in and does something for it. It's very unlikely, though.

Jamblam
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Jamblam wrote:

Not that much, but we will continue releasing updates for bug-fixes if we find additional bugs to fix. We might also release updates for significant client improvements. Overally the current client is already very mature, especially for singleplayer and skirmish, so you likely won't miss that much if you ignore any future updates.

Jamblam wrote:

Sorry, but that bug is still there. The game crashes if you can build more than 74 objects from the sidebar, and we have no way of fixing it unless a skilled hacker steps in and does something for it. It's very unlikely, though.
Dang, I guess OpenRA is the one that will have it work and not crash? have you tried OpenRA?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, but OpenRA is of course able to achieve that because it's an entirely new engine. Right now it doesn't support even nearly all TS features though, things like railguns, meteors, visceroids etc. and a lot of core logic related to terrain height support is missing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon