Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am
All times are UTC + 0
If game minimises I cannot restore, have to kill app
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FabulousPlankton
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:  If game minimises I cannot restore, have to kill app Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys, I've been having this issue for quite some time.

Basically regardless of resolution, if I'm playing in full-screen and I happen to have the game minimise on me, from a firewall prompt, alt+tab or an accidental press of the windows key, I won't be able to maximise it again.
I just get a small windows 98 rectangular piece of title bar up the top left. I can still hear the game and interact with things, but I just see desktop. Also if I press escape the pause menu will still appear in the centre of my screen.

I'm on an Aspire E5-511 with Windows 10/integrated graphics. I also had this issue on Windows 8.1.

Cheers

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try playing in (borderless) windowed mode with the Default or IE-DDRAW renderers. I cannot promise that it'll solve the problem, but it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, there's nothing we can do for it right now. Intel's (and recently Nvidia's, too) graphics drivers are known to be problematic with the TS engine.

FabulousPlankton
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it's fine in windowed mode, I guess I'll just continue doing that. Surprised I've not seen others reporting it actually, doesn't seem to be a common problem. I miss my desktop!

Thanks anyway mate

Edit: Wow, I never realised borderless meant without the actual shell borders, and was exactly like being in fullscreen! This is the perfect fix, thanks very much for suggesting that!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FabulousPlankton wrote:
Yeah it's fine in windowed mode, I guess I'll just continue doing that. Surprised I've not seen others reporting it actually, doesn't seem to be a common problem.

It's actually a quite common problem, but most people don't seem to mind it. Based on some evidence that we've gathered, I believe that all Intel and Nvidia GPU users experience the problem on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. AMD GPU users seem to be the only ones who it doesn't affect.

Nice to hear that borderless windowed mode worked for you though Smile

FabulousPlankton
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ahh ok fair enough, it's good to know that at least ATI isn't affected, when I do my next build I would have gone with them.

Sadly that fix didn't actually work for me, enabling it introduced a rather game-breaking jitter to the cursor, scrolling and gameplay.

No worries though I'll just be careful when playing fullscreen.

Cheers again

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

logitech gaming keyboards (and others) have a switch which disabled the annoying windows keys. Thus making it impossible to accidentally hit them. Wink
And your firewall can be surely adjusted to not display messages.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

FabulousPlankton
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, I used to have a Saitek that had the same functionality.

And that popup only happened the once when I first ran this new version, that was just an example.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try selecting the TS-DDRAW render.

Ever since I'm runing Windows 10 I have the exact same problem as you do when I use the default renderer in full-screen mode.
Right now I'm using the Default renderer and Windowed mode along with borderless mode and I'm getting perfect performance with it (while IE-DDRAW gives me a flickering mouse), but TS-DDRAW in full-screen mode gives me perfect performance as well with the downside that it prevents me from recording the screen or taking screenshots via the Prnt Scrn key (but you probably don't intend to do that anyhow).

Edit:
I normally use a refresh rate of 144Hz with which windowed mode with borderless mode enabled works perfectly fine, but apparently when I try it with 60Hz I get the exact same problem you described.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
FabulousPlankton
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah okay, yeah, this laptop is locked to 60Hz. I've never actually had a monitor that isn't capped at that.

I do also run TS-DDRAW in fullscreen mode, it's the only one that works smoothly, though it still doesn't allow me to minimise.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which operating system are you using? On Windows 8 and Windows 10 the "DTA/TI/TS Compatibility Fix" should help with that (you can enable it via the client's options menu).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
FabulousPlankton
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm on an Aspire E5-511 with Windows 10 and integrated graphics. I actually do have that fix installed, and it has made gameplay smoother online than it used to be, it seems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum