Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
Rev 89 -- This revision should not require admin priviledge
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
PPMNewsReporter
Official PPM Bot with Custom Rank!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject:  Rev 89 -- This revision should not require admin priviledge Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

banshee -- 18 file(s) modified

This revision should not require admin priviledges to do everything anymore. The program actually requires admin priviledges to write files at C:\Program Files directory and that's all it does with it. So, in order to reduce its dependency, we've proceeded in the following way:

- SHP_Builder.dat is now written at the user AppData folder (I.e.: C:\User\Username\Application Data\Roaming\CnC_Tools\SHP_Builder.dat).
- SHP Builder will restart the program and ask admin priviledges to Install the program, Update it and Uninstall it. Note that Update is still dumb and it won't try to figure out if an update was really released before restarting the program with admin priviledges. It is a temporary solution until I figure out the best way to extract the version of the latest release and how to compare it with the current version.

~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/AutoUpdater.pas
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormImportImageAsSHP.dfm
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormImportImageAsSHP.pas
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormInstall.dfm
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormInstall.pas
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormMain.dfm
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormMain.pas
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormUninstall.dfm
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/FormUninstall.pas
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/Mouse.pas
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.bdsproj
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.dpr
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.drc
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.exe
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.identcache
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.map
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_Builder.res
~ /OS SHP Builder 3.3x/SHP_DataMatrix.pas

Read more...

Hi, I am a bot. Official bot at PPM. Don't be ashamed to reply to my posts. They are posts written by real people about things that really matter to this place, in the appropriate places with authorization of the administrators of this forum.

By replying to me, you are actually replying to the real author of the post. Don't be ashamed to comment "my" posts and the real author may reply to you.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPMNewsReporter wrote:
- SHP_Builder.dat is now written at the user AppData folder (I.e.: C:\User\Username\Application Data\Roaming\CnC_Tools\SHP_Builder.dat).

I really dislike that. That stupid windows philosophy "write stuff everywhere, never delete it, who cares if it lingers there years later" is really annoying.

Can't you make a quick check, if writing is allowed in SHP Builder folder, then use this folder?
And only if there is write protection, use the AppData folder.

Also when copying SHP Builder from one PC to another or when using it on a USB Stick, such AppData usage is plain horrible.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll give it a try.

Update: Check revision 91.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!