Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Lake of Islands
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject:  Lake of Islands
Subject description: This is my first map.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made a map that takes place in a lake with interconnected islands.
I submit to you for you review and use.

Also ignore the square island in the upper left corner.

Edit: I fixed some things on the map, but it is still not completely done.
I have now made it have compstomp elements, destroy the civilian array to stop the mutants destroy the nod radar to stop the cyborgs which come after the mutants, I also removed the square island.

Lake of Islands.png
 Description:
Preview render.
 Filesize:  1.15 MB
 Viewed:  4432 Time(s)

Lake of Islands.png

lakeis.mpr
 Description:
The map.

Download
 Filename:  lakeis.mpr
 Filesize:  323.43 KB
 Downloaded:  12 Time(s)

Last edited by Isaac_The_Madd on Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a concept the layout is interesting.
But balancing is pretty bad and the detailing very unnatural looking.

Top player has a lot more tib, with not only blue at start loc, but also easy access to the tib island.

placing 6 or more tibtrees very close to each other looks very bad.

No trees, no rocks, no detailing

The map is too small and the blue border is wrong.
There needs to be at least a 3-5 cell big border between the outer red and the inner blue border. Right now aircraft get stuck at map borders, parts of the details are outside the visible map (blue border)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The tiberium island is full of tiberium life as a deterrent from the island, tho I need to remove a ton of tib trees (I may have placed way too many.)
The reason why there is no normal trees outside the top player's starting area is because they look out of place, and I forgot to put rocks in.

The square island with no normal access has four core defenders and it is surrounded it laser turrets, I have no clue why I put it there tho.
The three main bridges are supposed to be pre-broken but I did not figure out how to make it pre-broken and repairable.

What do I put in the blue border and how do I fix it?

Also the cliff at the top starting position will be fixed later.

Anything else I need to do on this?

Last edited by Isaac_The_Madd on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

. Since this is in the TS forum I am guessing standard non-modded  TS/FS game.

The layout could use some work but I do sorta like the diamond shape. you sorta got something going on there, but it definitely could use some work as a multiplayer map.

Blue border in FinalSun, is you have stuff too close to the edges of the map. Ingame this tend to be not accessible or visible.

They simply exist outside the players view.This can cause issues with non-short games as sometimes units can get stuck in this border land and you are stuck having to exit the game.

majority of the map is water which is ok but you gotta think about the gameplay space and movement. The only units that can make use of space are Hover MRLS or amphi. APCS. while Nod has drilling units they cannot fight on water. While aircraft can traverse it they still sort of limited to land.

If this was a RA2 map it may make sense to have larger bodies of water as it has proper Naval combat and units.

As suggestion maybe if you made it an arctic map with ice can make this map a bit more interesting.

As a temperate map try expanding the islands a bit more. Think, how are land units going to use this space.

If its a VH monster for them to avoid or fight over. Same with tiberium patches. It is sort of like making a chess/game board.

You also have the sliver of land to the right that doesn't seem exciting, especially the part with the extra VHMs. Doesn't seem they're accessible..

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is the lake edge, the vhms over there are for prevention of players making a base expansion out there and dragging out the game.
There is a mutant city over there with some vehicles to steal, also it is very dangerous now.
Also a high density blue tib field it will be more important after I remove most of the tib from everywhere else.

If you use cncnet you can have two players in one spot allowing for the player combination needed to steal a Core Defender, basically a quick way to end the map.

Also the road is supposed to be the way to civilization from the lake, and I probably should put a city in the middle island.

This would be a compstomp and may get a compstomp version when I figure out how to make a compstomp map.

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated everything and crossed out some things that I have done from previous posts. I will post ingame screenshot later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon