Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 pm
All times are UTC + 0
In-Game Screenshots
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [229 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My goodness, I didn't remember Ronco's Banshee looked that good! Also I love the bus, traffic lights and pretty much everything else Very Happy

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, but I doubt those trees should be visible trough that structure.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are just growing through the roof #Tongue

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Banshee look great!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome Very Happy

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Looks good, but I doubt those trees should be visible trough that structure.

I dont know what to do with this. My custom SHP somethimes causes overlaping problems. Even uncompressed ones.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not sure but it's some kind of tag you must use in the art (ZAdjust, hell I dunno anymore) afaik. Better ask LKO as he's the local king of SHPs #Tongue

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know about tag but not sure about values it should have for specific building. It either shows objects behind either start overlap objects in front.

I wish I had LKO to sort things out in my code. #Tongue

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Initially I'd say lower the NormalZAdjust value of the civilian structures, but although that'd solve the issue with the trees, it wouldn't solve the issue the issue you're seeing in the bottom-left corner of this image:

Are you using AttachEffect.Animation or a single-frame active animation or something? The side of the building doesn't overlap the building below it, so it looks like it's actually an attached animation with a too low ZAdjust value which is doing the overlapping there.

Assuming the code off all civilian structures is the same, could you post the code of a single civilian structure here, along with all related animations and such (if there are any)?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[CACITY07B]
Normalized=yes
Remapable=no
Foundation=2x3
Height=5
NewTheater=yes
DemandLoad=true
Palette=city
MuzzleFlash0=1,8 ; these are pixel offsets for muzzle flashes from center of base
MuzzleFlash1=39,21
MuzzleFlash2=37,-49
MuzzleFlash3=-61,-32
MuzzleFlash4=1,-32
MuzzleFlash5=44,-54
MuzzleFlash6=37,-50
MuzzleFlash7=-20,52
MuzzleFlash8=-60,-9
MuzzleFlash9=-61,9
;DamageFireOffset0=-33,53
OccupyHeight=7
CanHideThings=True
CanBeHidden=False
AddOccupy1=1,-1
AddOccupy2=0,-2
AddOccupy3=-1,-3
AddOccupy4=-2,-4
RemoveOccupy1=-5,-5
RemoveOccupy2=-5,-6
RemoveOccupy3

ctcity07b.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ctcity07b.shp
 Filesize:  36.85 KB
 Downloaded:  69 Time(s)

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That visual quality is pretty hard to beat with our upcoming Tiberian Sun mod for OpenRA Wink

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why? I am one of biggest fan of your mod. Wink

If anyone had and same idea of ra2 scaled ts on openra engine like yours I would gladly share RW content with it.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since I don't have your current build of RW I can't quickly test this, but my guess is that CanBeHidden=False is to blame. Try changing that to true.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
I wish I had LKO to sort things out in my code. #Tongue

I doubt i know anything more than you. Especially in RA2 coding i'm very unexperienced.

According the building, the code looks fine. Only the DemandLoad=true key gives me a little headache, when i see the trouble that it causes in TS (though it could work better in RA2).

Right now i would guess it's more a problem of the trees.
Maybe a wrong setting for TemperateOccupationBits/SnowOccupationBits, thus the tree is either too low or high rendered. But don't ask me how this key works (or if it is still used or even exists in RA2), as i've never tested it. #Tongue

btw, fantastic work on this mod. The graphical quality is amazing.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DemandLoad is ignored in RA2.

I would more guess that OccupyHeight and Height should be equal and 5 seems small for the building tbh.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:

I would more guess that OccupyHeight and Height should be equal and 5 seems small for the building tbh.

I've made thous equal but no.

I have to add that overlapping doesn't happen all the time. If I put garrison inside or scroll screen away, shp got redrawn, and everything work as it should for some time.
Could it be Ares? Custom palette side effect? Or was there changes in way how YR handle with layers?

another guess, canvas size of image. Should it have specific sise for all kinds of foundations?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Gangster: if that happens again, let the ingame menu appear and check if the layers are then drawn correct as soon as the menu shows up.
If that happens and together with your description of the updating layers when scrolling/occupying,
it sounds more like a compression issue.

How do you created the SHPs? SHP Builder or XCC Mixer?
Try creating them with the other tool. Sometimes SHP Builder and Mixer create them different even if the compression is the same.

Height= is afaik only used for aircraft, so they know how much they have to rise when moving over it and for the building selection box. It is not used for any rendering and layer-sorting (at least in TS).

What is your canvas size? I usually follow WWs example of using a multiple of 48pixel for x and y and then as small as possible.

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It turns out that the compression of the buildings was indeed the issue. I just tried resaving ctcity06.shp, ctcity08.shp and ctcity10.shp with OS SHP Builder while having 'Auto Detect Best Compression' selected in the preferences and inserted those SHPs back into expandmd22.mix.
Now when viewing these buildings on the 'Second Encounter' map the guard rail is no longer visible through the Warehouse, the corner of the Urban Housings is no longer visible through the Liquore Store and my units are no longer visible through that big "YEO-CA Cola Corp." building.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Bittah
I did resaved thouse with Compression 1 Only before post any screenshots.
But I have just made same thing as you anyway and my results is even worse. With Auto-detect all my buildings ALWAYS showing objects behind. See screenshot.

@LKO

I use XCC Mixer to convert stuff and resaving with SHP builder. But ll try to do everything in SHP B for next test.
Canvas have a some random size. Never thought it might be important. CACITY07B is 264x216. Considering YR tiles is 60x30 and building foundation is 2x3

Untitled-2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.33 KB
 Viewed:  22756 Time(s)

Untitled-2.png

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should use AutoDetect for Normal Frames & 1 for Shadows genericly (in SHP Builder) to save buildings as this will avoid every issue related to saving the shp as far buildings go IMO.

Like... Shadow cuts/Overlap layer issue typically, else its left to ini coding.

Normal autodetect defaults using compress 3 which is a must on the actual building frames.

Can't use compress1 on building frames or units show thru it like as if it wasn't there.

To be safe, should trim down the canvas size to only needed sizes as game considers canvas size as drawing box generally to my understanding and excess may pose further issues.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i cropped ctcity07b by -25 in all directions and the issue went away, but it could be also because my save setting is force compression 3

Gangster i noticed you haven't done the buildups, need any help on that?   Very Happy

SCRN.20130902-123846-00381.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.18 KB
 Viewed:  22736 Time(s)

SCRN.20130902-123846-00381.png

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks you everyone! It look like we beat it.

tomsons26lv wrote:
i cropped ctcity07b by -25 in all directions and the issue went away, but it could be also because my save setting is force compression 3

Gangster i noticed you haven't done the buildups, need any help on that?   Very Happy

Hey, mate. Compression 3 indeed helped! I have been running game for 15-20 minutes and havnt had any problems so far. Even major "Titan vs YEO-Cola" problem gone. Thanks!

And yes! I mean YES! I do need another pair of hands for that job! I will upload everything I have so far to a Source forum and will continue updating it in future. Feel free to fill a gap or two.

@ApolloTD
How to re-save shadow frames with 1?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Gangster:
Strange... Maybe auto-detect picked compression 1 for you for some reason. Possibly you're using an older version of OS SHP Builder?

To re-save SHPs so that the normal frames use compression 3 and the shadow frames use compression 1 you normally choose the last 'Saving Files' option; "Auto Detect for Normal Frames & 1 for Shadows".

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I resaved all civilian structures with compression 3 for the normal frames and compression 1 for the shadow frames to save you some work.

ct.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ct.zip
 Filesize:  433.19 KB
 Downloaded:  82 Time(s)

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I resaved all civilian structures with compression 3 for the normal frames and compression 1 for the shadow frames to save you some work.

You are awesome, sir!
I have just started doing same with latest SHP Builder Very Happy

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

perfect MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Ramzay1945
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi! I remake quickly 2 standard yuri's revenge maps for Rewire, and find a bug.
How to repair it?

yz2.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  yz2.yrm
 Filesize:  248.8 KB
 Downloaded:  14 Time(s)

yz1.yrm
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  yz1.yrm
 Filesize:  369.54 KB
 Downloaded:  12 Time(s)

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Featuring:

- Erastus' beatiful voxels.

- New clear terrain. 27 variation tiles (clear01a..z).

voxels.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB
 Viewed:  20469 Time(s)

voxels.jpg

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are those real? Surprised

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. If only TS had looked like this 16 years ago...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some of those voxels look somewhat pixelated for some reason (like they were resized or something); these being the APC, the Mammoth Tank, the Titan (why wasn't it made as an SHP?), the MRV, the mutant jeep (I'm guessing that's what it is), the battle bus, the Disruptor's turret (the disruptor itself could possibly use a more visible texture) and possibly also the Tick Tank (it's hard to make out the details of the front of the unit).

Do they also look like this in YR (or TS)? From what I've seen in TS, making the voxel a lot bigger than it actually needs to be and then sizing it down via the HVA normally makes it look a lot smoother.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Disruptor is clearly WIP. The Titan is VXL because OpenRA renders voxels as 3d objects pretty much which means unlimited amount of facings -> smooth turning - although something's odd with that one's shadow I acknowledge. IIRC voxel barrel recoil is also already supported at this point so really, there's no reason of using an SHP for that one - art style consistency also vouches for VXL. The APC is among the best here, the details would bleed into each other all over the place in TS/YR - that's what you call smoothing, but I'd call quality degradation. The Tick Tank and the MRV looks too smooth only due to the remap being grey on the preview imo. Also, the TD Attack Buggy - what you call mutant jeep - is fine (maybe just a bit falling into the same grey-remap-blends-details) issue.

Notsure on what normals Erastus is using, but some of the hard edges (dark pixels) are coming from using too harsh normals. The RA2 normal range is definitely a better choice for OpenRA usage compared to TS (in any case). I would also suggest a bit tweaking on the LightAmbientColor and LightDiffuseColor tags a bit to increase the contrast and decrease the glow a bit, but the assets themselves - excluding the obviously-WIP Disruptor - are completely fine.

=======================

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to agree with Bittah, the larger voxels looks horribly blocky and IMO look worse for what they are than the original TS graphics or the earlier smaller RW voxels. I'm not sure if this is limitations of the voxel format showing in the larger format or limitations of the artist?

Are these hand drawn or converted 3D models? To me they look like a pixel art artist tried to work on an image that was too large and would better have been done as vector art or a render only wrought in 3D. The smaller voxels like hte buggy and bike look fine in comparison.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beautiful miner, you have there. ^.^

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks so cool.

Public SHPs

Tools

Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The construction yard is a lovely shade of glitch.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awsome work I cannot believe those close close ups on the other page it's unbelievable work I can't wait to see more I always come back here to check for new posts

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Started on putting tib to game. Made it very draft for now because were mainly testing XY offsets and some changes in its code. Single patch with no custom palette yet.

tiberium initial.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB
 Viewed:  19498 Time(s)

tiberium initial.png

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
I have to agree with Bittah, the larger voxels looks horribly blocky and IMO look worse for what they are than the original TS graphics or the earlier smaller RW voxels. I'm not sure if this is limitations of the voxel format showing in the larger format or limitations of the artist?

Are these hand drawn or converted 3D models? To me they look like a pixel art artist tried to work on an image that was too large and would better have been done as vector art or a render only wrought in 3D. The smaller voxels like hte buggy and bike look fine in comparison.

My impression is that the textures of the voxels in question simply have a little too much detail/contrast.

Making detailed voxels look good is a major challenge compared to sprites, due to lack of AA.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

update on tiberium

greentiberium.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Viewed:  19415 Time(s)

greentiberium.png

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, it looks more randomized and less fake now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really looking great Gangster!

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And this is it for now.

P.S. not photoshoped, for real

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, that's a nice effect. I guess mappers won't need to place invisible light posts in tiberium fields anymore now Smile

What exactly is creating this effect? I think it'd be best if all tiberium had this gas effect over it, with the gas looking thicker in the middle of bigger tiberium fields and thinner at the edges and small fields.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking at it, I'd guess a "colored alphalight-alike" SHP image with BlendMode:Additive attached to the tibtree.

=======================

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Magnificent!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [229 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon