Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am
All times are UTC + 0
question regarding sequences/conversions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 am    Post subject:  question regarding sequences/conversions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First some background.

http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=35910&postorder=asc&highlight=sequence&start=50

on this page is a RocketAngel.shp.(http://www.ppmforums.com/download.php?id=51710)

instantly fell in love with it. been trying to get it in to TS for my amusement. cant for the life of me work out the sequence for

A) Using the rocket angel shp for as a hover tank unit, unchanged from original downloaded asset. when use as a hover  unit it jumps about all over the show going backwards sidewards etc.. copy and paste of mLRS in the rules.so uses same locomotor as that.

b)converted smaller version as a infantry unit. same thing happens walks backwards sideways and is invisible when flying as a jump jet infantry.

here is my code for the "hovertank" vehicle version

[XOINTERCEPTOR]
Cameo=
Voxel=no
Remapable=yes
Facings=8
WalkFrames=9
StartWalkFrame=71 :included walkframes because of the nature of those frames, looks like hovering.tried without walkframe no effect.

StartStandFrame=0
StartFiringFrame=151
PrimaryFireFLH=110,75,105;armcannons
SecondaryFireFLH=50,45,145;rocketpods

heres my sequence for infantry

[ANGELSequence]
Ready=0,1,8
Guard=0,1,1
Walk=71,9,8
FireUp=151,15,8
FireUp2=271,15,8  ;alternative fireing unused ingame.
Crawl=822,17,8
Up=0,1,1
FireProne=38,21,8
Die1=391,19,1
Die3=0,0,0
Die4=0,0,0
Die5=0,0,0
Fly=481,30,30
Hover=8,30,0
FireFly=561,15,8
FireFly2=681,15,8
AirDeathStart=801,19,0

i already know how sequences work (basic working knowledge), but converting ,c&c3 assets converted for RA" to TS isnt my strong point. is there some easy way to restrict a limited number of frames to the hover vehicle version. On these forums it mentions some where reverse sequence for veichles when converting infantry to vehicles or vice versa. is this the case. i assume this is to do with how the game reads the shp file,

and as for the infantry version, is a fully functional jumpjet unit achievable with this asset?. is my sequence completely fudged?.short of asking for you to give me the sequences. Any help is appreciated

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do think you should read more on sequences and how they work here

http://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=32321

As what I looked, your sequence hardly makes any sense to me when  comparing at the shp as there is walking frames put into firing and some point to shadow blank frames(???)

Now, to do vehicle shp, you have to re-order the shp frames from counterclockwise rotation (infantry) to clockwise rotation. Not exactly picnic ride that as you have to disassemble the shp and renumber them and keep empty shadow frames at end.

Besides, this is oversized asset for TS, you may wanna resize it drasticly down.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

malius123 wrote:

[ANGELSequence]
Ready=0,1,8
Guard=0,1,1
Walk=71,9,8
FireUp=151,15,8
FireUp2=271,15,8  ;alternative fireing unused ingame.
Crawl=822,17,8
Up=0,1,1
FireProne=38,21,8
Die1=391,19,1
Die3=0,0,0
Die4=0,0,0
Die5=0,0,0
Fly=481,30,30
Hover=8,30,0
FireFly=561,15,8
FireFly2=681,15,8
AirDeathStart=801,19,0

Do not use directly the frame number shown by SHP Builder. The game counts from 0 while SHP Builder starts at 1, thus 1 frame index off.
So you have to subtract by 1 the start frame.
So Walk would be
Walk=70,x,x

Your second mistake is the length of the anim. You see 10 frames in the walk cycle, thus you have to write 10 and not 9

Walk=70,10,x

Your third mistake is the last number which is not saying 8 facings, but
the multiplier by the infantry facing to reach the facing specific animation start
See the art.ini comments from westwood.
Quote:
; The first number is the starting frame number. The second
; number is the number of frames of the animation. If this
; number is zero then the anim sequence is not present.
; The third number is the multiplier by the infantry facing
; to reach the facing specific animation start. If this
; last number is zero, then there is no facing specific
; version.

So you have 10 frames for the anim, thus the game needs to jump 10 frames to get to the next facing.

So walk would be
Walk=70,10,10

Follow these rules and fix all other sequence entries and it works.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae, i swear you will become immortalised as a tiberium sun modding jedi. this is exactly the help i need to achieve further understanding.Thanks

ApolloTD thanks alot, already got a 75% sized shp i converted. your info on vehicles is invaluable.will begin the long ardous task of veichle conversion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon