Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Ares of March
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [75 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
The Flying Strings actually work. They do what they are supposed to do.

Not a request, but maybe we'll be able to see damage numbers pop above the target in the future?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One hitpoint is correct, but not per tick. It's per passed interval of RepairRate. Thus, no unit could heal more than 15 hitpoints per second. (Not saying that this was an unreasonable limit.)

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can confirm that SelfHeal additions, NoManualEnter, NoSelfGuardArea, MassSelectable and ProduceCashProclaim appear to be working as described.

On another note, albeit relating to features from previous version(s). Documentation for 0.A describes IgnoresFirestorm being valid on TechnoTypes (or at least 'units') to allow/disallow them being blown up by contact with active Firestorm defense. It appears this setting is not really respected at all here, though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This isn't related to any of recent additions, but it is related to how Ares allows you to recreate the Disruptor Tank with the new beam visual settings it provides. After few short tests I've realized that the MagBeam issue that's been known for years but kenosis pointed out once more some time ago, the one where the beam is infinitely drawn on targeted units even when they get away from the tank's range, is more problematic than I thought and it's not just about the potential fatal errors it caused in the past.

Basically, if the Disruptor Tank based on Ares features does use the MagBeam weapon visual AND the AmbientDamage, that damage will be dealt to anything that is touched by the beam even when it is drawn infinitely due to this bug.

Imagine your Disruptor Tank has a range of 10 but the targeted unit is so fast that the tank draws this beam infinitely long. This also increases the range of damage that is dealt to anything within the reach of this wave, resulting in a weapon that might get an infinite range. The beam should disappear once a targeted unit leaves the weapon's range and such a fix will complete a Disruptor Tank recreation and the potential crash that magbeams can cause (unless this one was fixed somehow already and I missed it). Related, from 2012: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/941334

I'll check if there are any other potential solutions to this issue but preventing the unit from firing on the move is not one. The best one would be to have the game terminate the beam when the unit is out of range.

That's it for less related issues, I'll test the new additions within the upcoming days.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've split the MOBA discussion into a separate thread.

New build maybe this week. I still have some work to do, also regarding Ares. Nothing new to report atm.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Late again, and just a minor update. Still no Bounty, because I can't get myself to work on that. The latest binary again contains some internal changes, which made the dll yet smaller by making the code generated by the compiler better.

I still have to look at all the posts here, and to update the blueprints on LaunchPad. Maybe this week... For now, here's a few new features.

Weapons can spend more or less than 1 round of Ammo
[Weapon]Ammo= (integer, defaults to 1)
The rounds of ammunition needed to fire this weapon. If fewer than the required rounds are present, the unit will not fire and wait for the ammo to reload.

This feature does not support aircraft. Units that do ManualReload=yes will still target enemies and wait for reloading, which never happens. The assumption |has ammo -> can fire| has not been updated in all places yet. That is: it might not fully work as you would want it. I'd like to change the game to switch to a NoAmmoWeapon= when the ammo runs out like it was requested in some blueprint. I'll have to see. This is the first step.

ReloadAmount and EmptyReloadAmount
[TechnoType]ReloadAmount= (integer, defaults to 1)
The number of rounds restored after each reload interval. Negative values are supported, as long as EmptyReloadAmount is equal to Ammo. (Iow: fire once, deplete automatically even if not firing, then reload fully in one step.)

[TechnoType]EmptyReloadAmount= (integer, defaults to ReloadAmount)
The number of rounds restored after reload interval when there is no ammo left. If 0 or negative, the unit will not reload. This does not require EmptyReload to be set.

Customizable ReloadRate for Aircraft
[AircraftType]ReloadRate= (double - minutes, defaults to [General]ReloadRate)
The interval between restoring ammunition when this aircraft is docked to a UnitReload=yes building.

This needed a rather large change in code to work: Docked aircraft will reload independently of all others. This fixes the issue that reload times seem to vary for all planes and the plane that landed first is substantially faster (it requires one less interval of ReloadRate). No need to focus on this though part though. Just test the tag.

Damage Air Threshold
[Warhead]DamageAirThreshold= (integer - leptons, defaults to 0)
If the warhead detonates more than this many leptons above the ground, units in the air will be affected. Otherwise, units in the air are not damaged. Use -1 to even damage air units when the warhead detonates on the ground, or a high positive value like 9999 to disable damaging air units.

Consider bridges when finding out whether a warhead detonated on the ground
[General]DamageAirConsiderBridges= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether a warhead detonating above a bridge will consider the bridge's height for finding out whether units in air are to be damaged. If no, a warhead detonating on a bridge will be considered to be four levels (416 leptons) in the air, if yes, it will be 0 leptons above the ground and by default not trigger damaging units in the air.

Replaced the verb Proclaim with Display
The following tags have been renamed:
ProclaimCreditsDelay -> DisplayCreditsDelay
ProduceCashProclaim -> ProduceCashDisplay

Reworked the Make Screenshot Keyboard Command
In windowed mode, only the actual game windows will be captured, not the entire screen. The bitmap file generated has been reformatted. Previously, Ares output the image upside down, with a negative height. This is valid, though some applications were struggling with this. Now they lines are written in order, with positive height, thus the resulting bitmap is compatible with more programs.

Self Healing change
Self Healing now heals one hitpoint more than the set maximum. If health is below the percentage, at least one more hitpoint will be restored. This is what previous games did (given an amount of 1 hitpoint). Now if Max is the same as ConditionYellow, it means restoring health until leaving yellow health, thus going to green health.

Pop000100
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Late again, and just a minor update.

Doesn't seem that minor, looks sweet anyway.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
ReloadAmount and EmptyReloadAmount
[TechnoType]ReloadAmount= (integer, defaults to 1)
The number of rounds restored after each reload interval. Negative values are supported, as long as EmptyReloadAmount is equal to Ammo. (Iow: fire once, deplete automatically even if not firing, then reload fully in one step.)

So now my RA1 style Tesla Coils can work as supposed, nice.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really appreciate all of the Ammo additions. I've often ran into ideas which I could have implemented only with these features.

Any chance for a feature à la DamageAirThreshold that prevents damage to ground objects when a warhead detonates x leptons above ground? This is not a problem for technotypes (AFAIK), but air-detonated warheads invariably damage Overlays as if they had detonated on the ground.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Custom colored IsElectricBolt=yes weapons also have the discoloration issue (cyan bolts are pinkish-red). Same for custom wave effects (this time cyan color turns into orange). IsLaser=yes appears to work fine.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There were two ways to store colors, 3 bytes for RGB and 2 bytes (16bit). And there were two functions that could convert colors. I cleaned that up a bit, but didn't notice the 2 byte data type should have been BGR, not RGB (the previous function did it that way). Will be fixed.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Howdy folks,

So I was tinkering around with ammo and to start off with created a lil dummy unit to play with, but so far something seems amiss with the ammo. The unit fires indefinitely and does not stop to reload. Posting the unit code below in case I myself dun goof'd. T ^ T #dishonor

The weapon it uses is the same as the Yuri's Initiate, no changes.

Also should ammo=yes units inside an open-topped vehicle respect their limitations?

Thank you kindly!

Here is a code of my unit.
Code:
[FIREUP]
UIName=NOSTR:Fire Taxi
Name=Flame Weapon Taxi
Image=TAXI
Prerequisite=GAWEAP
Strength=100
Category=Transport
Armor=Light
TechLevel=1
Sight=8
Primary=PsychicJab
PipScale=Ammo
Ammo=3
;PipWrap=3
;ReloadAmount=1
;ReloadIncrement=1
Speed=8
CrateGoodie=no
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=0
Soylent=100
Points=20
ROT=5
Crusher=no
Turret=no
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=
VoiceMove=
VoiceAttack=
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
MovementZone=Normal
ThreatPosed=0   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
ImmuneToRadiation=no
ImmuneToPsionics=no
;Bombable=no
Size=2
Insignificant=yes
Trainable=no

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the unit is missing Reload=. It defaults to 0, meaning one every frame, so this would appear like instantaneous full reload.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank yoU very much! Retested and works now. >///< totes my faults. thanks again!

.. and for the curious yes, seems open-topped  passengers seem to acknowledge ammo limits woot! Very Happy

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, the ammo limit is respected, but they might be unable to reload while inside (infantry can't for sure, it has to leave the vehicle to reload).

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It seem to be respecting reloading times. I've only tested with unitypes so infantrytypes is that's news to me.

They seem to reload and also if exited recall their last point of attack. if they are close enough during the exit they will still continue their attack. example force fire ground.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's a new binary, which might be the last for now. It's like an RC(-1), because I still haven't weeded through all posts here and checked what has been confirmed and what not. I'll hope I'll find time for that this weekend.

edit: A newly introduced bug has been fixed and another build is available. Please re-download if your version number is less than 16.71.1311.

IsMagBeam waves stop when target moves out of range
Now, they will lose the connection if the target is out of the weapon's range. (#941334)

Another change is related to IsSonic waves, which were hardcoded to disappear if the target was farther away than 6 times the diagonal distance of a cell. This has been changed to use the weapon's range, too.

Wave Lasers not visible with details set to low
Wave lasers will now always draw, just like Magnetron beams and Sonic waves. (#1090886)

Only start reloading infantry, units, and buildings if the weapon used up ammo
Now, Ammo=0 weapons will not restart the reloading timer. (#1554180)

Aircraft survivors should spawn more often now
The code did use a wrong value, which would only allow survivors to spawn from aircraft that was hit directly.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aircraft spawn more survivors, indeed.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the last batch, with only few changes. Actually, it's RC1. There wasn't much going on here lately, and several features haven't been confirmed or they were confirmed broken, worked on, and then not confirmed fixed. See the list of 0.B blueprints and bug reports.

There are three AI factories and EMP/Power Toggle issues which I still have to look at. It could be that they all have a common cause. If I don't find it rather quickly, I'll just remove the bug reports from 0.B so they can be solved later and not block 0.B.

Now I'll start writing the documentation and release it as soon as possible as a proper RC1 package.

• Fixed a DamageAirConsiderBridges
  • ProduceCash uses ProduceCashDelay (not ProduceCashDelay - 1)
  • ProduceCash will also work if ProduceCashStartup is 0
  • ProduceCashStartup will not be granted to MultiplayPassive houses
  • Temporal Weapons break ProduceCash (#1556733)

----------
Arrow Moderation notice: I split out the discussion about Pilots like in Generals.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What are the chances of allowing flying units to be harvesters? Currently trying to make a chopper (ok fine, generals style ) harvester but it won't pick up any ore it just floats over it. If I enable it to land it just lands on every patch and ends up looking very silly.

Also, is LaserThickness=1 the only way to make a laser beam thinner?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please note that this is the topic about Ares 0.B.

I don't know what prevents units from harvesting when flying. Maybe it's the same bug that prevents hover units from ever arriving at their destination. If you select your havester while it is over a patch and it shows a red or green line down, that could be it.

Lasers are generally not very customizable. I played with them in 2014 and added a few things, but for a releasable feature, Lasers would need to be expanded, which is more work. For now, I think yes.

----------
Arrow Moderation notice: I split out the Crew= on Sides question.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jumpjet harvesters cant pick up ore while they are in the air. They have to land on the ore, even if it looks "very silly" it's just how the game works.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RC1 with preliminary documentation is available here.

There will be a new binary soon, once I find time to look into the factory issues. Only minor things will be changed, among which is the change of DisplayCreditsDelay from integer (frames) to double (minutes). The documentation mentions this change already, but the dll is still using the frames delay. So be warned.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No more RCs, 0.B has been released. See ya next time!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [75 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon