Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Official Red Alert 2 Infantry Models
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:  Official Red Alert 2 Infantry Models
Subject description: AND BATCH PROCESSING n SHP CONVERTION TOOL
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WWs Infantry models. Nuff said
Note, there are missing models that i don't have and textures, as well as lighting and cameras because those were XRef objects and i don't have them, unfreeze everything and delete the xref objects or remake them since the camera and lighting positions still exist.
The models are rigged, but the bone animations were once again xref files and i don't have those.

Westwood used in Debabelizer to process the renders(http://www.equilibrium.com/debabelizer/) and kinda just like us rendered separate shadow, AA, no AA versions except this tool processed them in batch not without manual interaction if possible.

Additionally there the SHP convertion tool to convert pcx to shp in the results folder of the batch_processor folder

Where did I get these?
A Allied Spy gave them to me!

RA2_INF_MAX_n_Tools.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RA2_INF_MAX_n_Tools.zip
 Filesize:  7.62 MB
 Downloaded:  2624 Time(s)

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shame about the xref files, they could have been a great way to make different theater versions by changing the skin and re-rendering.

I might have a go at animating a few sometime, I've always wanted to see the sniper walking upright instead of hunched over.

Last edited by Mig Eater on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahahah, who knew Crazy Ivan had a goatee?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My hunches were right. I knew they were bubbled out like that. That's basically how TSAE has created its infantry environment. Do they use biped object tags or a custom bone set like C&C generals did? We could easily throw together an animation library for either animation type.

Darn. They were using Biped, but the conversion destroyed the biped information.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if they are not a single mesh/object then you dont need bones for animating.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No you don't, but you can easily transfer animations from one model to another using bones and key frames/bipfiles with significant ease, even if they aren't a single unified mesh. Not to mention using bones significantly reduces potential squash errors when multiple mesh objects are linked. Bones and Bipeds make animation a lot more simple and a lot more versatile.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm speechless.  How.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm impressed, if this is really true!

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is INSANE.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll be honest.

I am not that surprised. Considering this guy has already pulled out miracles regarding development of RA2 - I would be surprised if someone else would have pulled this out.

It's indeed a headscratcher tho, I agree with you on that.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is absolutely incredible.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

holy shit, i see oblama

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance someone will upload a Wetsuit SEAL now? As in the same version of it when in the water except its using the graphics on land as well. Would be great for a frogman Soldier.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:

Where did I get these?
A Allied Spy gave them to me!

We wanna know how you got these old crappy awesome rare models!

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, its a shame yuri prime isn't in there, we could have fixed his missing anim properly.

ViPr
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They don't even use morphing meshes. Maybe it was because they thought that they may decide to turn them into voxels at some point, or maybe the 3D modelling tools were not very good at that time.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
Nice, its a shame yuri prime isn't in there, we could have fixed his missing anim properly.

Should be doable with the Yuri Model. Just re-rig his animations/skeleton whatever you 3D guys call it.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW indeed

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:

Should be doable with the Yuri Model. Just re-rig his animations/skeleton whatever you 3D guys call it.

Is that yuri? I was thinking it was the psi-commando. Personally I'm looking forward to the first ivan bombing chrono monkeys.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These models might have been mady by Orion Nebula Studios.

It is mentioned in the file missing path. The only doubt is that they say they have been founded in 2008.

If that's the case, may be someone could contact them.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I'm impressed, if this is really true!

This is very much true, and the shapeset.exe tool is an official tool.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waitwhat, these are THE original models the RA2 inf SHPs are created from?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, this is very informative.
Already the fact that they used a bad fake lighting consisting of a simple spot and 4 additional simple omni lights is very interesting.
No wonder infantry look that simple shaded and wrong lighted compared to other SHPs.

Also interesting that they used the default Biped to animate the model.

However the biggest question is still: How the hell do they have been found after such a long time?
Does WW/EA know that these are public?
Are there perhaps more models where they come from?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Shame about the xref files, they could have been a great way to make different theater versions by changing the skin and re-rendering.

I might have a go at animating a few sometime, I've always wanted to see the sniper walking upright instead of hunched over.

I managed to restore them,the xrefs contained all the position and rotation info and the camera is in the Parachute max.
There are 2 xrefs, one is of the beta lighting setup and the second is the final setup with the topdown shadow, i managed to restore the beta setup to near perfection

The Parachute still uses beta lighting
original SHP <> rendering
The final setup is a lot more trickier since there are no big models using it
However i need someone who can remake a accurate anims of at least the Conscript so i can compare how the lighting interacts with the model VS what's in the shp.

Blade wrote:
Atomic_Noodles wrote:

Is that yuri? I was thinking it was the psi-commando. Personally I'm looking forward to the first ivan bombing chrono monkeys.

That's the PSI Trooper, not even the Commando. But i checked, the PSI trooper is just a Yuri model with different materials, was able to almost restore it aside from a darker colored coat.

Parasite03 wrote:
These models might have been mady by Orion Nebula Studios.
It is mentioned in the file missing path. The only doubt is that they say they have been founded in 2008.
If that's the case, may be someone could contact them.

Their not, they were made by WW artists, if WW really contracted Nebula Studios then that would be for the FMV's that had a heavy CPU requirement to render. The missing textures refer to missing terrain textures apparently made by T.J. Frame, that were only used as a environment map, which was only used when rendering the cameos. And the file directories clearly say they had a shared server where the shared art assets were stored.
Dutchygamer wrote:
Waitwhat, these are THE original models the RA2 inf SHPs are created from?

Mhm.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Wow, this is very informative.
Already the fact that they used a bad fake lighting consisting of a simple spot and 4 additional simple omni lights is very interesting.
No wonder infantry look that simple shaded and wrong lighted compared to other SHPs.
Also interesting that they used the default Biped to animate the model.
However the biggest question is still: How the hell do they have been found after such a long time?
Does WW/EA know that these are public?

What would you call real and good lighting then. They did what they could at the time at the same time making sure it can be rendered in a certain timeframe since they were on a deadline you know.
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Are there perhaps more models where they come from?

Not really.
If you are looking for proof on authenticity can't really provide anything aside from what's in the max files, the fact the output of parachute max even if rendered without proper lighting is exactly the same as it's ingame as far as pixels textures go,
besides that they are saved with 3D Studio Max 3 and 3.1 and are really small in max file size, if they would be re-saved with a newer version they would grow to over 1 MB size

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome that you've amanged to restore the lightning, totaion and camera. Adding animations to this would make for a perfect infantry remake.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing  Wow, these are a amusing and interesting. It sure does raise some questions, but indeed thanks!

Plokite_Wolf
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
Their not, they were made by WW artists, if WW really contracted Nebula Studios then that would be for the FMV's that had a heavy CPU requirement to render.
Nah, Westwood pretty much rendered on its own. In the 1996 feature on the Bravo TV station, they showed their rendering farm with 50 Pentium 90-s with 128 MB RAM.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv wrote:
What would you call real and good lighting then. They did what they could at the time at the same time making sure it can be rendered in a certain timeframe since they were on a deadline you know.

I think even back then 3ds max 3 had a directional light. Many buildings at least seem to use such a light source with parallel light beams.
In addition is it performance wise better and also easier to use only 2 light sources: one omni light with "ambient only" for the basic brightness in shadowed areas and a directional/spot light for the lighting coming from southwest.

Thank you very much anyway for giving us such a nice view into the work of WW.

\Edit
i just noticed, that they use a Biped, but the Biped is afaik a quite new functionality. It wasn't available in 3ds max 6 and was only introduced after that (3ds max 9 has it)
So i wonder how these 3ds max 3 files can have a feature, that didn't even exist back then. Confused

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
tomsons26lv wrote:

I think even back then 3ds max 3 had a directional light. Many buildings at least seem to use such a light source with parallel light beams.
In addition is it performance wise better and also easier to use only 2 light sources: one omni light with "ambient only" for the basic brightness in shadowed areas and a directional/spot light for the lighting coming from southwest.

Thank you very much anyway for giving us such a nice view into the work of WW.

\Edit
i just noticed, that they use a Biped, but the Biped is afaik a quite new functionality. It wasn't available in 3ds max 6 and was only introduced after that (3ds max 9 has it)
So i wonder how these 3ds max 3 files can have a feature, that didn't even exist back then. Confused

Since it says 3D studio Max 3 not 3D studio 3 then its 3D Studio MAX R3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodesk_3ds_Max
Character Studio, according to that its has been a part of 3DS since 1994
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Autodesk+Previews+Biped+%22Super+Plug-In%22+for+3D+Studio+MAX%3b+First...-a017118561

deathreaperz_lazytologin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! i didn't be expected to see this! They are REALLY RA2 models! Unfortunately there isn't animations on them :'(

Quiet
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could someone convert these into a format that Blender ( or any other program for that matter ) can open , please ?

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quiet wrote:
Could someone convert these into a format that Blender ( or any other program for that matter ) can open , please ?

why? these models are shit and useless.  Very Happy

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right so being able to use the original models to "Add" new animations to some infantry isn't gonna be useful...

Can use it to add New Animations to the existing ones like giving the Spy a Pistol Attack and the Crazy Ivan throwing his dynamite (If people are still into turning Ivan into grenadiers)

Giving proper Swim Animations for the Attack Dogs as well.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually it can be rigged with ra3 bones and thus use their animation.

20160514072335.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.92 KB
 Viewed:  28866 Time(s)

20160514072335.gif

20160514072332.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.51 KB
 Viewed:  28866 Time(s)

20160514072332.gif

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
why? these models are shit and useless.  Very Happy

hahahaha indeed...

-good job Kenosis!

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you telling me Conscripts don't have to be lazy buggers? haha

A guy2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Quote:

LKO, do you realize you are probably talking with the guy responsible for the "ugly lights" in the first place? There's good chances this is a WW employee which was working on this area...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quiet wrote:

Bump

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Converted into a single 150MB .blend file with a million copies of each material or a single 75MB .blend with some units missing materials (they're all there, but the 150MB is because blender will crash if trying to remap users on that many materials so I had to just delete the copies. So any infantry using the copy is now untextured.)

EDIT: added the parachute with fixed animation

parachute_fixed.7z
 Description:
Fixed parachute animation.

Download
 Filename:  parachute_fixed.7z
 Filesize:  243.55 KB
 Downloaded:  84 Time(s)

WW_RA2_Infantry_150.7z
 Description:
150MB file

Download
 Filename:  WW_RA2_Infantry_150.7z
 Filesize:  5.95 MB
 Downloaded:  308 Time(s)

WW_RA2_Infantry_75.7z
 Description:
75MB file

Download
 Filename:  WW_RA2_Infantry_75.7z
 Filesize:  3.65 MB
 Downloaded:  145 Time(s)

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how much time did you need for that?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, 4SG!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@MasterHaosis - probably a couple hours, not really sure, I did it off and on between other things for awhile.

@DA - No problem!

Musketmarine
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@4StarGeneral
I just wanted to thank you for the blender conversion, they make my life a ton easier, and give plenty of nice insight on how Westwood did things (albeit not as accurate as the Max version).

And it allows me to look into the possibility of remaking the Conscripts from the Statue of Liberty Artwork, and all that jazz when I get bored enough later down the line.

I'm also a voice actor!
https://ko-fi.com/musket

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Skype Account
slye_fox
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this thread is quite old, but I was wondering is any of the missing infantry models were found in the interim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!