Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ares 0.C Development
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [85 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But this will effect all AE on the unit, right?

Edit: It still does not work.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Does anyone has a list of keys and the TechnoType to which they belong? Something like an inheritance tree for the different TechnoTypes of the game?

https://github.com/Ares-Developers/YRpp

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Does your complete new code for PS still allows the old coding tricks like SHP railgun (Railgun System that spawns Smoke Particles with shp image) or AlphaImage on the particle?

The new code has no impact on shp railgun etc as new code is strictly only for pure spark/railgun particles the engine natively draws from scratch.

So old tricks work still the same, I did test this.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PillBox20 wrote:
But this will effect all AE on the unit, right?

Edit: It still does not work.
Works fine for me. Make sure you did everything correctly, because i don't have any issues at all with it.

lefthand
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Couldn't the negative bounty system, combined with the permanent mind control warhead, be used to replicate the spy's bribery special power used in Red Alert 3?

Or can the bounty system only ever be implemented when a unit is "killed?"

If not, maybe something that can be tweaked into the code if it is a minor adjustment.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Limitations with the above feature, would be that the "bribed" unit would be immune to mind control if using perma mind control.

The scope would be better if weapons had a Cost= feature but I assume this would be a big overhaul.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hope I'll be able to release one more testing build soon, fixing the EVA sounds for all human players, and maybe adding global bounty tags. This should happen during the next week, starting the RC phase.

Some posts were left unanswered, so here's a batch of diffuse answers:

AEs: The InitialDelay is supposed to only work for the one AE that is attached to the TechnoType. As requested. It would need to be reworked to support other AEs, and it's too complex to support this once per AE type.

SWs and bounty: SWs aren't units, so where would you put the Bounty=yes tag on? The SW type? As said, SWs are no units. They don't serve as source of an attack when a unit is hit, thus they can't get bounty.

I don't plan to make bounty too big. Global tags, especially for setting default values, could be useful, but enabling this for certain houses, allowing to use either cost or refund as default and so on makes this too complicated.

kenosis: I have no plan to add linked super weapons.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't see anyone mentioning this yet? Custom palettes seem to work on [ParticleType], I tested it with Smoke.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suggested the usefulness of that feature that awhile ago, too.

Something else:
It appears that if a unit fires a weapon which has a warhead which is AffectsAllies=yes, and that unit is then destroyed before the projectile detonates, the warhead will affect allies when it detonates, in contradiction to AffectsAllies=yes stipulated above.

I stumbled over this problem in conjunction with a Splits projectile, so it may be that its occurence is limited to projectiles with that attribute.

AlexB wrote:

SWs and bounty: SWs aren't units, so where would you put the Bounty=yes tag on? The SW type? As said, SWs are no units. They don't serve as source of an attack when a unit is hit, thus they can't get bounty.

Stick it on the structure which fires the SW?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new binary for testing has been uploaded. I looked into spotlights (not alpha lights), and found a few problems with it. For example, the lines around the light cone were not rendering. There are some more decisions to be made, like removing the "attach to barrel" feature, and the default for the StartHeight, which the manual gives as 250 but Ares actually uses 200 (which was pointless anyhow, because the lines didn't render).

This is most likely the last one before the RC, which should be released around the next weekend. I'll try to look into global bounty tags and renaming the the promotion sound tags to make them more consistent.
  • Play the promotion sounds for the owning player, not for all humans.
  • Spotlight.StartHeight not from ground but from bottom of the map (#896314 (1))
  • Spotlight.DisableColor doesn't darken (#896314 (3))
  • Support spotlights on cloaking units (won't draw if cloaked, but will not stop working once cloaked any more)
  • Do not draw spotlights if owner is deactivated or being warped out.

Particle Spawning at a Distance (request)
Animations spawning particles can now be made to spawn them around the animation, not always in the same spot as the animation. It can also be made to spawn not closer than a certain distance, allowing to create a ring of gas around an animation.

This feature divides the circle around animation's base coords into NumParticles sections. Each section will get exactly one spawned particle (if Minimum is positive). The height above ground will be the same as the animation's height above the base cell.

[AnimType]SpawnsParticle.RangeMinimum= (double - cells, defaults to 0)
The distance from the center where particles start spawning at. If negative, might spawn the particle on the opposite side, allowing to double the chance to spawn particles closer to the center.

[AnimType]SpawnsParticle.RangeMaximum= (double - cells, defaults to 0)
The distance from the center where particles will not spawn beyond. Has to be equal to or larger than SpawnsParticle.RangeMinimum.

Customizable Building Slam sound
[BuildingType]SlamSound= (sound entry, defaults to [AudioVisual]BuildingSlam)
The sound played to the player when placing a building of this type on the map.

temp
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey alexB! i have a question and a request.
Where is the source of Ares it seems to be Outdated on github, did you move to somewhere else?

My request:
Can you make a tag as AttachEffect.ImmunesToMindControl= (bool).
I want to create a super weapon or Upgrade that Affects the units for 1 mins, And Makes them immune to Mind control.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for Building Slam, it works.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
It appears that if a unit fires a weapon which has a warhead which is AffectsAllies=yes, and that unit is then destroyed before the projectile detonates, the warhead will affect allies when it detonates, in contradiction to AffectsAllies=yes stipulated above.

I stumbled over this problem in conjunction with a Splits projectile, so it may be that its occurence is limited to projectiles with that attribute.

Yes, I know about this problem. The flying projectile "forgets" about the unit that fired it if it is destroyed, thus it becomes owner-less in flight. Changing this could be easy, but I don't know what that would change or break, because it would affect every projectile. Can't fix this so late in the release cycle.

Millennium wrote:
Stick it on the structure which fires the SW?

SWs are independent of firing buildings. Actually, buildings don't fire SWs at all. It's the other way around: Firing the Nuke SW makes a building look like it is launching the missile. This only happens for 3 SW Types: Nuke, Generic Warhead, and EM Pulse. All of them should "propagate" the SW building as damage source already, but other SWs will not. I don't intend to change that.

temp wrote:
Hey alexB! i have a question and a request.
Where is the source of Ares it seems to be Outdated on github, did you move to somewhere else?

No, it's still there, but I haven't uploaded the code from 0.9 onwards.

temp wrote:
Can you make a tag as AttachEffect.ImmunesToMindControl= (bool).
I want to create a super weapon or Upgrade that Affects the units for 1 mins, And Makes them immune to Mind control.

Please create a blueprint on LaunchPad for this.

temp
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by temp on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
AlexB wrote:
Particles are implemented as full-blown game objects.

Does anyone has a list of keys and the TechnoType to which they belong? Something like an inheritance tree for the different TechnoTypes of the game?
Maybe some more keys work on particles and allow interesting results.

ModEnc has a list of valid Particle flags, although I can't vouch for it being complete or accurate:
http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Particles

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the ParticleSpawning traits Alex.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
[AnimType]SpawnsParticle.RangeMinimum= ...

Works as intended.
AlexB wrote:
[AnimType]SpawnsParticle.RangeMaximum= ...

It works.
AlexB wrote:
[BuildingType]SlamSound= ...

Everyone cheers each time my speaker tower is built! Thank you AlexB!  Very Happy

Edit1: Managed to get noammo weapons to work.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

Last edited by PillBox20 on Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can also say that the particle spawning seems to be working, just as described. Tried with both Smoke and Gas types.

I forgot to ask before: Would it be possible to have support for Gas type of particle for the trailers (AttachedSystem=)?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Presumably addition of AttachEffect.InitialDelay broke something since AttachEffect.Delay no longer works as it did previously with negative values, as in not renewing the effect after first application. It just keeps renewing the effect no matter what now. It still worked in older 0.C unstable builds to my knowledge.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick update: still gotta add global Bounty tags. RC soon.

The global defaults are not easily implemented, even though they seem to be trivial. Because the Rookie, Veteran, and Elite tags cannot be made to store whether they have been defined, it is not possible to default them to global tags. It would require some special value to denote "not defined".

I'm still questioning how useful global Bounty defaults would be. They change the effort to set Bounty on all eligible types like tanks to the effort to unset Bounty on all ineligible types like civilian structures, park benches, and so on. Also, there is no "natural" default that works for the majority of types (except for 0, which already is the default).

A global tag for Bountry.Display= is easy, though. That certainly will get in. Global Bounty.Value is near useless, unintuitive and complex to code, so I'm more inclined to not even try.

@temp: No, not yet.

@Millennium: Depends on what "valid" means there. Just having space reserved for these feature is one thing, reading the tags is another, but if they aren't used (that is, if code that uses this data isn't called), the features won't work.

@MustaphaTR: You're welcome.

@PillBox20: Thanks!

@Agent Z: I'm not sure. Gas spawns differently than smoke, so i guess you'd get one big cloud when it launches.

@Starkku: Thanks, fixed it. I didn't read the docs carefully enough. For applying the initial delay, I used -1 as marker value. So, -1 always triggered initial delay.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

@Millennium: Depends on what "valid" means there. Just having space reserved for these feature is one thing, reading the tags is another, but if they aren't used (that is, if code that uses this data isn't called), the features won't work.

This is, of course, a good and obvious point of correction.
Let me rephrase then:
ModEnc has a list of flags which are not certified to have no effect at all. Perhaps this is more accurate?

I'm pretty sure most of the tags listed on ModEnc are indeed dysfunctional through their situation alone:
RadarInvisible defaults to 'no' for particles, but particles are not displayed on the minimap at all anyways.
'LegalTarget' defaults to 'yes', but particles cannot be targeted anyways.
And so forth.
Yes, a more thorough read-out would be nice and I'd be willing to test my way through any flag that you find might have a potential influence on particles, if that would be helpful.

On another note, I've written up a concept for a possible unified Shield/FireStorm/CIWS logic. I know CIWS and shields are an old hat and I'm uncertain if you are still planning to implement anything of the sort. If you do: Would you like to read it?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I can see, Particles only support alpha images and maybe line trailers. All others shouldn't be applicable. It could be that IgnoresFirestorm also works.

Particles don't call the base-class Update function, thus, falling and hitting the ground is out, as well as ambient sounds, iirc. Also all targeting tags, because particles can't be targeted, as well as all appearance-related ones, because particles drawing is handled manually.

Regarding shields: I think all information are already available in a thread here, with long texts spanning several screens. I have a reference implementation, but it's not supposed to be included like that. Maybe later.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Double post time for the RC! I added the global Bounty.Display tag and changed a few more things, so there's a bit more to test. Not much, though. I'll collect the bug reports and blueprints on LaunchPad for the weekend, and I'll start to write the documentation soon. That's it for today.

The RC is available on the Unstable Binaries page, a full package with documentation will be available once the docs are done.
  • Spotlight.AttachedTo=barrel is no longer available (#896314 (2))
  • Changed Spotlight.StartHeight's default from 200 to 430, and changed it to "leptons above ground"
  • Fixed AttachEffect.Delay=-1 (broken since I added InitialDelay)
  • Units with Passengers > 0 don't show group or heal icon if empty (#1589697)

Renamed a few tags
[TechnoType]UpgradeVeteranSound -> Promote.VeteranSound
[TechnoType]UpgradeEliteSound -> Promote.EliteSound
[TechnoType]VeteranFlashTimer -> Promote.VeteranFlash
[TechnoType]EliteFlashTimer -> Promote.EliteFlash

Global Bounty Display tag
[AudioVisual]BountyDisplay= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether enemy units and structures will display the amount of bounty awarded when destroyed by an object of this type.

Bounty.Display on TechnoType has been changed to default to this.

Make default Nod side use NodAdvancedPower again
Apparently the default was broken for quite some time already. The Nuclear Reactor may now be built again by the AI as a default power plant.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay,

*the global Bounty Tag doesnt conflict with the TechnoType Bounty Tag - woks so far
*if a Bounty Unit is within an IFV you do not get Bounty

PS:

*Any chance on a Fog Of War mechanic?
*or to make a deployable building to distinguish between selling and undeploying like ConstructionYard=yes (http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/ConstructionYard).

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for testing! The IFV is the unit firing, not the Gunner inside. That's why bounty isn't awarded to the passenger. OpenTopped units work differently, and they should award the passengers, because it's actually the units inside firing.

I'm not interested in working on Fog of War.

I thought about the undeploy/sell feature when fixing the conyard exploits. Could be a quickly doable feature once 0.C is out.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*OpenTopped Bounty works!

*Is anything in the newer unstable builds changed that could affect forest fires? ... Cause suddenly trees ignite then the fire jumps over to other trees but they won't burn down anymore ... i searched two hours even followed my own tutorial but the fire01, fire02 .. flame animation just wont do damage to trees.
They neither damage units when coming from a warhead (as an anim)....

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah sorry, alas I broke animation damage in the RC. Speeder also noticed this. It's fixed already, and I'll update the RC once I find the time.

A few more minor changes are waiting, like not applying the particle optimization if alpha lights or line trailers are used, and the particle spawning at a distance will now use the absolute distance, so each section gets exactly one particle.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uploaded RC 2, which contains a few fixes and preliminary documentation.
  • Animation Damage is working again
  • Ivan Bombs cannot be detonated on disabled units (#1404918)
  • ParticleSystem optimizations will not apply if use line trailers or alpha images
  • Chrono Warp no longer phases out buildings (euphemism for "breaks the game")

Also, as mentioned in an earlier, the Particle spawning at a distance now handles negative minimum ranges differently. Each section will now get exactly one particle, because the absolute value of the randomized distance is used. This way, even if a negative value comes up randomly, the particle will be created in the same section, not the opposite one.

For example, if the range is -2 cells to 5 cells, the chance to create the particle at a distance between 0 and 2 cells from the center is twice as big as the chance creating it between 2 and 5 cells away from the center.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool!

But yeah, has anyone ever encountered a problem with Yuri Disks that suck on a GAPOWR and IFVs trying to shoot at the disks when the GAPOWR is a solid building? Because the IFV's couldn't damage the Floater.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe reduce SolidHeight? By default, the Height is 4, which could be too high.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it fix, EMP and Chaos with Ivan Bomb too or just disabled units?

Edit: I tested, EMP is also fixed. Chaos gas is stioo buggy.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just uploaded a new binary, which fixes a few bugs reported today and some stuff I missed before. Thanks so far! Keep up the testing, I still have some bug management tasks to do and the documentation needs some polishing, too.
  • Particles with Custom Palette were visible through shroud
  • Support detonating Ivan Bombs on berzerking units(#1466482)
  • Also don't draw spotlights if a unit is burrowing
  • OneFrameLight on particle systems handled by Ares was broken
  • [Warhead]Particle= stayed alive for days if optimizations were on

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey,

*seems the ares.csf when copied in the ra2 folder isn't read anymore because my TXT_RELEASE_NOTE isn't shown anymore

*and I made another post about this but I am encountering sound issues on a global scale - sound gets stuttering and won't stop to do so...

anywaay, love you'r work,
-A-

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi,
the ares.csf file is the basic ares string table, and overwritten by the language dependent csf files. If you have a german or french version, all strings from ares.csf will be overwritten, because ares.csf is loaded first, then the language csfs, then the custom stringtableXX.csf files.

Put the TXT_RELEASE_NOTE string (and all others you want to override) into a custom stringtableXX.csf file and it should work again.

My guess on the audio problem is in the thread.
Thank you! Smile

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just uploaded the final 0.C build.

Thank you all for testing this release! There's much more to be done, and serveral features to be expanded, but this release cycle is completed. I wish you a nice start into summer or winter season!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 2 of 2 [85 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon