Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
[6] Casey's Canyon
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:  [6] Casey's Canyon
Subject description: By Rampastring
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A re-imagination / re-make of the Tiberian Sun map. It will be included with DTA 1.15.

Click on the preview to see the megamap.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks nice
spot 1 and 4 for the turtle players ?! Smile

The wide bridge with tiberium on top looks a bit strange. I think adding some more bridge sections/columns to make it look rather like 3 separate tunnels (2 vehicle, 1 train in the center) would be better.

Is the train moving?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like a very decent remake Smile I agree with LKO about the bridge, though, it looks very unnatural/unrealistic.

Last edited by Crimsonum on Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the positive comments!

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
spot 1 and 4 for the turtle players ?! Smile

You can indeed turtle there.. until you run out of resources since you only have a single tiberium tree there #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The wide bridge with tiberium on top looks a bit strange. I think adding some more bridge sections/columns to make it look rather like 3 separate tunnels (2 vehicle, 1 train in the center) would be better.

I might give it a try. I've previously had pathfinding issues with tunnels that are less than 3 cells wide though, and splitting the tunnel here would make some of the resulting tunnels less than 3 cells wide.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Is the train moving?

Yes.

Btw, I wanted to give the vinifera trains some kind of an explosion that spawns blue tiberium when they're destroyed, but no such explosion exists in DTA right now.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
I might give it a try. I've previously had pathfinding issues with tunnels that are less than 3 cells wide though, and splitting the tunnel here would make some of the resulting tunnels less than 3 cells wide.

You can fix that the same way as one the other map:
Just keep all tubes you created already when you add the columns and add TUNENT overlay on the cells where you removed the columns. Then place a structure on all of the cells with the TUNENT overlay, make sure the structure is owned by Special and give it Immune=yes and Image=none.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon