Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
XCC Utilities (PPM's Distribution) is now available!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject:  XCC Utilities (PPM's Distribution) is now available!
Subject description: Your contributions will not go to the waste or to the depths of our huge forum database.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone. Once in a while, a random member of this forum updates a tool from XCC Utilities, which Olaf van der Spek (the real author of these utilities) doesn't seem to be so much interested to update them anymore.

One year ago, tomsons26lv has released a new version of XCC TMP Editor with few bug fixes and a special edition there to edit 96x48 tiles as well.

Earlier in this month, Blade has edited XCC Mixer to encode SHP (TD) in a better way and, as a bonus, it also reads red alert 1's mouse shp correctly.

So, why not just do a install package with all of them. I've just grabbed a XCC Utilities.nsi from an old svn repository, updated it a bit, organized XCC files to fit it and voila!

You can now download the latest XCC Utilities installer with all changes created by our community at the CnC Editing Tools forum.

And if, for some reason, this topic also disappears from your radar, bear in mind that we have a download link for it at the left menu of this site -> CnC Editing Tools -> XCC Utilities. Just grab the PPM's Edition there. And yea, everyone else is invited to redistribute it in your sites as well. At least until our friend Olaf gets interested in his utilities again.

Key Words: #XCCUtilities #XCCMixer #XCCTMPEditor #XCCAVPlayer #XCCEditor #TiberianDawn #RedAlert1 #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #Renegade #Generals #ZeroHour #Dune2k #OpenRA #News #Release #Download 

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And just an aditional note: if anyone wants the modified .nsi file, grab the attachment.

XCC Utilities.nsi
 Description:
XCC Utilities Installer script for NSIS.

Download
 Filename:  XCC Utilities.nsi
 Filesize:  2.29 KB
 Downloaded:  37 Time(s)

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting sidenode, one of the OpenRA devs discovered that EA used XCC Mixer when repackaging the mixes for the Ultimate Collection. Anyhow, this is nice. I'm surprised the old XCC website is still up to be honest.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Darkstorm:

It is known that XCC Mixer was used in re-packaging movies01/02.mix in those TS releases.
Local mix database.dat file is in them.

@Banshee:

Replacing TMP Editor with the Unofficial 1.05 version is good, but the tomsons26lv's version has
PNG support broken like you can't save complete image as PNG. Better to include the Unofficial
version from here - http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18810

Also a readme.txt stating the changes and what RW (For Rewire mod) meant and the link to those
forum topics would also be helpful.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I can get a diff of the edits tomsons26lv made for the changes to TMP editor, I can merge it into my updated tree and rebuild it as I've built against the latest library versions and png support appears to be correct in the XCC Mixer build I made.

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I didn't. I just recently saw someone talk about it, thought it was pretty funny.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
If I can get a diff of the edits tomsons26lv made for the changes to TMP editor, I can merge it into my updated tree and rebuild it as I've built against the latest library versions and png support appears to be correct in the XCC Mixer build I made.

tomsons26lv wrote:
Today's fixes is some paste crash issues (that i dealt with i think a while back but never compiled a new exe).

I have the impression that he has hacked the executable. I'm not sure if he has the source code and he has never distributed it. But MetalMario's version has the source code. The changes on tomsons26lv's version are minimal:

Quote:
Today's fixes is some paste crash issues (that i dealt with i think a while back but never compiled a new exe).

Removed the limit of being able to only enter positive values in the Y and Y Extra tile offsets because the original tiles had minus values there.

Messed around and did new icons as well.

I don't know how he fixed the paste crash issue, but the Y and Y Extra negative values and the icons should be very easy to fix in the code.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's another good fix for TMP Editor that should be easy to implement, fade out the options to paste z-data or extra z-data for cells that don't have the image or extraimage yet respectively.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Interesting sidenode, one of the OpenRA devs discovered that EA used XCC Mixer when repackaging the mixes for the Ultimate Collection. Anyhow, this is nice. I'm surprised the old XCC website is still up to be honest.

This was noted year ago, the "freeware" releases were like this too. It was APOC who packaged the releases with the help from a member of the community as none of the internal dev tools are available anymore.

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeing that someone is interested in editing XCC unities, there are some bugs i noticed with Mixer, i'll be happy if someone fixes them.

I only remember one now, if i can remeber any i'll add.

When using .CSF editor in Mixer, after first opening of CSF editor then close it(save or just close both works), if i reopen it for a second time Mixer crashes when i click a category. I have to reopem Mixer after using CSF editor to be sure it won't crash.

Edit: OK, another one, maybe not related to mixer but FA2 but when FA2 is open, i can't add anything in any mix that game uses. It fails, i think because FA2 is using them. I think there should be a way to bypass it.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to be clear, I'm not taking requests. If the work is already done, I'll try and merge it in and compile a new build, but any additions I make will be to "scratch an itch" as it were for something about XCC that bothers me personally.

The FA2 issues is probably that a file lock is held upon on the mix files so XCC can't write to them while FA2 has them open.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!