Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Trans_C's Random WIP stuff
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [261 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see...
Sidearm would fit.

Nice work!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That could definitely work. Likely they could brandish their swords as a deploying animation and death animation. (Rally Cry AE Buff Deploy Weapon/Death Weapon) A Pistol would suit them just fine though.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or one could make use of NoAmmoWeapon and do something interesting with the soldier automatically approaching the target to use the slash attack every now and then, or even against specific targets only.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the current style i would use him as a support unit without any weapon, providing a constant area effect that increases Firepower, ROF or Hitpoints of nearby infantry.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The crawl frames and another comparison with the original conscript.

Btw, does he really need a set of melee attack frames when crawling?!!

crawl2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.09 KB
 Viewed:  14315 Time(s)

crawl2.gif

comparison2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.02 KB

comparison2.jpg

waaagh2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.47 KB

waaagh2.gif

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
Btw, does he really need a set of melee attack frames when crawling?!!

IIRC you can't disable the weapon while prone, so it would look bad if he suddenly stands up to do a slash and then jumps back down into the crawl frames again.

Maybe give him some kind of "all units move in this direction" swing with the sword. This can be used as an attack, but also for passive weapons as some kind of "call to arms" move.

Public SHPs

Tools

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Maybe give him some kind of "all units move in this direction" swing with the sword. This can be used as an attack, but also for passive weapons as some kind of "call to arms" move.

This should work. It'll need a large movement to be distinguishable, though.

And... a chopping animation.

cchop.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.07 KB
 Viewed:  14239 Time(s)

cchop.gif

cchop.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.07 KB
 Viewed:  14239 Time(s)

cchop.gif

blam.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.15 KB
 Viewed:  14285 Time(s)

blam.gif

chopanim.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.7 KB
 Viewed:  14294 Time(s)

chopanim.gif

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'm back.
There are two horribly stupid RA2 game limitations that quell my interest in this officer though.
The first is that Infantry can use only FireUp= and FireProne= tags to delay and synchronize the weapon and the attack frame, which force all weapons on the infantry to use one single value of delay. This makes soldiers with two vastly different weapons really hard to design.
(Well, this point is nowhere near annoying when compared to the stuff below.)
The second is that Infantry will immediately cease playing their Attack frames once they lose their target. This make some one-shot weapons look absolutely terrible when used on infantry(the snipers basically just twitch for several milliseconds when they could have a FULL set of frames of firing, reloading, and getting ready for their next prey. The same applies to the melee Brute)

I'm starting to get sick of this stupid engine. Maybe it's time to move on to a better one.
(OperRA seems interesting, but I can't even get the bleed version up and running. Every time I run the make.cmd, it gives several errors and the generated game just can't run. I have already installed Visual Studio 2015. It's too unfriendly to people like me, who don't even know how to code.)

Alright, here's the brandish frames for those who want a "support" unit. The full shp can actually be finished in two or three hours, but I'm starting to get lazy, though.

za rodinu.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.47 KB
 Viewed:  14206 Time(s)

za rodinu.gif

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oil pipes.

pipes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.29 KB
 Viewed:  14148 Time(s)

pipes.jpg

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello Trans_C

These are amazing graphics! I am speechless. Surprised

Could you tell us more about your OpenRA compilation problems?
Could you paste the content of the exception.log file (located in "C:\Users\your_username\Documents\OpenRA\Logs\" under Windows) to http://pastebin.com ?

Edit:
Or you can just use this forum for more OpenRA-related support: http://www.ppmforums.com/index.php?f=929

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

xanax wrote:

Or you can just use this forum for more OpenRA-related support: http://www.ppmforums.com/index.php?f=929

Thank you for your attention! I'll make a thread there.

And now: Oil pipes ingame.

pipesingame.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  684.92 KB
 Viewed:  14031 Time(s)

pipesingame.jpg

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks nice, And how many foundations that SHP takes? It looks like over 9x7.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@PussyPus: I believe that it's made of separated pieces (like 1x1, 1x2, 2x1)

@Trans_C: Really nice pipes! Do they chain explode? Very Happy

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Really nice pipes! Do they chain explode? Very Happy

Well...In my mod, yes.
Anyway they will be released once I finish their snow frames, so everyone can have a explosive pipe network in his mod.
But they will need to have patience to add 46 civillian buildings into their rules and art. Even placing them on the map is somewhat tiring, since they will need to manually pick what pieces to use.

titled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.67 KB
 Viewed:  13903 Time(s)

titled.jpg

moar pipes.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  13903 Time(s)

moar pipes.jpg

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you gave them damage frames?
If not, you could also think about using an Overlay with multiple frames, at least for the impassable ground pipes.
With the multiple frames Overlay, FinalAlert will show you the complete set of frames in the preview, which makes placing them a lot easier.

Anyway, nice work on them.
Some rust and dirt on them would be good though, so they don't look that shiny clean.

Another idea:
how about using 1 invisible dummy building with a 32 facing turret and then put many different pieces into the turret frames?
The mapper would then have to place only 1 building down and use the turrets facing for the right piece.
This way reducing drastically the number of separate buildings and you also see a preview in the map via the currently set turret facing.

Public SHPs

Tools

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unique! Bravo!

PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Possibly inspired by the set of pipes I posted a few months ago?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Possibly inspired by the set of pipes I posted a few months ago?

Yes. And I have to admit that it's a quite great way to make civillian stuffs feel more industrialized.

It'll be even better to have standalone chimneys,  fractionating columns, storage tanks, and more.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I should probably point out that I was in turn inspired by similar pipes on Company of Heroes & Cuban Missile Crisis #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An Allied Disc Thrower.

disk.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.11 KB
 Viewed:  13676 Time(s)

disk.gif

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oo nice...

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice pipes, but some of the joints/bends look a little ambiguous for placing since they look like they aren't centered to the cell?

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Another idea:
how about using 1 invisible dummy building with a 32 facing turret and then put many different pieces into the turret frames?
The mapper would then have to place only 1 building down and use the turrets facing for the right piece.
This way reducing drastically the number of separate buildings and you also see a preview in the map via the currently set turret facing.

FA2 only has easy access to 8 facings, so this wouldn't work. Besides having arbitrary turn angles sounds like it would be hell to line up with other pipes...?

Of course this begs the question of whether this could be done with voxel turrets, at least you'd have access to a unified palette across theaters?

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A RA2-esque Soviet VDV infantryman.

run2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.27 KB
 Viewed:  13556 Time(s)

run2.gif

vdv.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.47 KB
 Viewed:  13557 Time(s)

vdv.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, I loved.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the idea of making different infantry types out of that Conscript, but IMO, looks way to goofy for VDV. The greatcoat looks out of place on a specops infantry.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, too.  Better with normal face, perhaps?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's really nice to see new quality RA2 infantry #Tongue

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the whole prone attack frames for melee infantry i skiped, just redid standard walking frames with the infantry using either a pyhiscal shield or energy shield. it came to me when i realised prone actually reduces damage for infantry. my next experiment is the extremly unrealistic animation of the infantryman , going in frenzy and parrying attacks while in prone, i realised though that the animation of the parrying would be constant, even when not being shot at

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They aren't necessarily spec-ops, just top-notch airborne infantry. But that makes the greatcoat even less fitting, I guess.

Still looks pretty good

MustaphaTR
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good infantries, i would love to see a Soviet Grenadier next from you. I really need one, i'm still using placeholder conscript-with-a-different-colored-coat artwork for them.

Generals Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/generals-alpha
Romanov's Vengeange: https://www.moddb.com/mods/romanovs-vengeance

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MustaphaTR wrote:
Good infantries, i would love to see a Soviet Grenadier next from you. I really need one, i'm still using placeholder conscript-with-a-different-colored-coat artwork for them.

Or maybe soviet molotov guy it would be nice.

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Soviet sniper...
Too much soviet stuff here, though.
So Allied Prism Trooper next time, no commie sniper today.

wat.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.77 KB
 Viewed:  13194 Time(s)

wat.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice.

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prism trooper.
Maybe the recoil is too large for a prism weapon...never mind.

1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.81 KB
 Viewed:  13120 Time(s)

1.gif

prismtrioop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.59 KB
 Viewed:  13120 Time(s)

prismtrioop.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, looks awesome.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trooper fully charged!  Very Happy

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The backpack looks a bit weird to be honest, the "gun" is VERY large and the recoil is indeed excessive since it is a light-using weapon which shouldn't have any to begin with (but since no recoil looks boring, I guess it's better to have at least a small one).

Nonetheless, I like how you do more and more RA2-styled infantry, they look quite authentic and can have use in mods. I wish I could do these things too, I'd make a different SHP for MO Foehn Lancer then, since the Halo conversion one irks me for some reason.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trans_C wrote:
Prism trooper.
Maybe the recoil is too large for a prism weapon...never mind.

Like it, Cause there is no prism trooper equal to tesla trooper = prism tower and tesla coil.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps you should have it squat forward and grab the lens with both hands instead of a recoil?

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some details changed and another no-recoil version.

Damfoos wrote:
I wish I could do these things too, I'd make a different SHP for MO Foehn Lancer then, since the Halo conversion one irks me for some reason.

Well, people will be able to freely edit my max files to make their own versions since I'll release the max files for it. I actually don't quite care about who are using my stuff...

G-E wrote:
Perhaps you should have it squat forward and grab the lens with both hands instead of a recoil?

The arm is too short for this.... Can't even reach the lens without large movements.

recoil.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.48 KB
 Viewed:  12936 Time(s)

recoil.gif

norec.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.25 KB
 Viewed:  12936 Time(s)

norec.gif

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about giving him a charge anim like this with parts of the equipment starting to glow and that arm movement showing the powering up

Since it's energy based, there shouldn't be any recoil imo.

Public SHPs

Tools

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remaking something that some people might be interested in...

newyoumu.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  131.89 KB
 Viewed:  12806 Time(s)

newyoumu.jpg

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm looks better .

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YAY! A remake! "She" will be proud

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhm, question, if I may, how do you handle the hair? you make some planes and then apply a cloth anim, or you just have some unanimated planes there?

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
Uhm, question, if I may, how do you handle the hair? you make some planes and then apply a cloth anim, or you just have some unanimated planes there?

Simply unanimated planes.

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

god thats awesome , made so many custom edits of the original, , trying to make her ts friendly, ie ts style helmet

Trans_C
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, It looks awful...

runsml.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.13 KB
 Viewed:  12562 Time(s)

runsml.gif

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm, the features that made the last youmuu shp  stand out was the hip sheath and the unique atk and death anim. the version you've show case above is like her evil twin with a rather larger back sheathe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 6 [261 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon