Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
My musical input / MjN
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nirude
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:  My musical input / MjN Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi everyone.
I have been a hardcore C&C fan since the first C&C came out.
I still play all the original games annually thru. Frank Klepackis music, well what can I say about it. It´s just f´n awesome.

I contacted Aro and asked if I could make some tracks and here they are:

TWISTED MARCH:
the word march might give you a hint what is to come. I wanted to make a bomb-track but this came out like a thermonuclearbomb. I dont know if the mastering is too loud. But this should be played as loud as possible. Twisted Evil
https://soundcloud.com/mikko-niiranen/command-conquer-twisted-insurrection-track-twisted-march-by-mikko-niiranen-mjn

EUPHORIA (formerly know as "SEDUCED BY TIBERIUM"):
I was playing around with a synth and I wanted to make a similar bass patch like Frank made in Red Alert 2 - Blow it up. Then I was messing around with beats and loops. Had some beers last saturday-sunday night. I kept looking this youtube video where Salma Hayek dances (From dusk till dawn). Then the song formed around the youtube clip, it is quite in sync with Salmas seductive dance.
https://soundcloud.com/mikko-niiranen/command-conquer-twisted-insurrection-track-seduced-by-tiberium-by-mikko-niiranen-mjn

PROPHECY (formerly known as "UNFAIR LOSS"):
Nothing to do with Salma Hayek but this time Frank Klepackis music. Some similar patches/sounds and a slow tempo.
https://soundcloud.com/mikko-niiranen/command-conquer-twisted-insurrection-track-unfair-loss-by-mikko-niiranen-mjn

Enjoy - feel free to contact me - Frank K is a god.
Playlist for the tracks:
https://soundcloud.com/mikko-niiranen/sets/command-conquer-twisted

A few words about me. I haz wife n two kids. Old already, 38y. I work in an engineering company. I do animations and renderings there and I am also in the management. I do music when I have time, as in almost never. Sometimes when the rest of the family sleeps...

Best regards, Mikko Niiranen // niiranen@gmail.com
Finland

Last edited by nirude on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome. I like them all.

Erityisesti Twisted March on mahtava Very Happy

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to our little corner of the Internet, Mikko, and thanks again for taking the time to share your music with us. I have listened to all three tracks and every single one of them are absolutely top notch! Twisted March in particular is an outstanding piece of music and I'd very much be looking forward to putting it into the game.

I enjoy the other two tracks also, Unfair Loss probably being my second favourite of the three since Seduced By Tiberium is close to a spectrum of music that I'm not a personal fan of, however, that isn't to say that it's by any means bad, it's brilliant like the others and I can see these fitting very well in Twisted Insurrection alongside the other OST additions!

Thanks again, I'll contact you via Facebook or Email regarding implementation. Smile

There are a lot of Finns in the TI team, we Brits are getting outnumbered.  Razz

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To hell with you, Seduced by Tiberium is the best. #Tongue The boogie vibe is so strong on that one... it's exactly the kind of song I'd imagine my favourite DJ finishing the nights with - when he's not finishing with a traditional "go home, we're closing" song atleast.

The other two are good as well, but Seduced by Tiberium is the best. (IMO Twisted March overplays the tension aspect and the other one is more of a Hollywood trailer music than something I'd associate with TI). Yes, all three are good but Seduced is the best.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

These are some pretty neat musical pieces. You certainly have a knack at making music. They sound very different to our current, EBM-dominated soundtrack, though. Twisted March is my favourite of the three, and I feel it would fit the OST best. The rest, I'm not so sure. I must stress that it is not a matter of quality, no. Your tracks are very good. It's simply a matter of consistency and theme.

Aro wrote:
There are a lot of Finns in the TI team, we Brits are getting outnumbered.  Razz

The Finns will soon take over, then we'll make Twisted Insurrection great again! #Tongue

nirude
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh I had to Google "EBM".
I found some examples and now I know what you mean. I will keep this in mind for the next set of tracks.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want them all three implemented.
More diversity is great.

Twisted March:
simply great
Reminds me on the early "Need for Speed" electronic music soundtracks mixed with tiberian dawn/red alert songs.

Seduced by Tiberium:
not a big fan of the drum and bass part (too much drum and too few melody for my taste), but i love the melody part (starting around 0:42).

Unfair Loss:
my absolute favorite.
Love the melodies. Excellent mixture of softer and harder parts. wow. goosebumps.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All three tracks will have been implemented, though names will be altered. Currently discussing alternate names for some of the tracks via Facebook. Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twisted March is nice indeed, reminds me of the UT2004 OST with that synth lead and kind of Emperor Battle for Dune a bit. Though I do think mix wise it lacks some weight, particularly on the guitars.

Again I kinda wish that nice square bass was a bit louder in Seduced by Tiberium. It's a really nice contrast IMO with the drums which feels kinda primitive compared to the modern bass synth. I think this track could be a bit shorter though and be more effective. Feels like a lot of mellow and build up segments and not a lot of climax, although it all sounds great.

Unfair Loss is really cool, but again... needs a bit more weight in the mix, particularly in that opening minute, where some deep synth could really add some movement to it IMO. Also I think panning some stuff more, spreading out the sound of those drums in the opening would give it a bit more effect, although it's nice when some other layers come in later. Might go on a bit too long again, but this one is probably my favourite. Has a bit of a Harkonnen feel with more New Age elements.

Anyway, none of this should take away from the really good work going on here.

swirekster
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good job, man Smile

nirude
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Names changed:
Seduced by Tiberium >> Euphoria
Unfair Loss >> Prophecy

If anyone is interested, this video is the muse / influence for the name Seduced by Tiberium. Before uploading the track I was thinking if I name it Lust in Tiberium..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqpLEufGnA

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to PPM! Nice to see new people coming here (especially from Finland #Tongue ) and keeping the C&C saga alive.

The songs rock! I like the 80's stylish touch with 'em. Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it fits to say here that
i'm finish too. Smile
Though with a single "n" only and another building #Tongue
Upload in the evening

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
LKO Stuff

Today is a good day. Very Happy

ArchlordII
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
...another building #Tongue
Upload in the evening

*GASP!*  He's alive!  Surprised

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are excellent, nice overlaps...

My only complaint is Eurphoria seems to dangle a bit between the first drum solos, like it's not sure where to go next. Maybe another layer that helped it build up to a drop would give it some weight and not feel as lost.

nirude
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone knows Neegan from The Walking Dead? I feel as confident as he usually is as I say:
Started to make a new song based on the comments of last songs and after playing the game. I think it might be a hit warning Smile LOL

BTW Twisted March is doing quite good on youtube!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum