:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection
Twisted Insurrection Job Application Thread
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject:   Twisted Insurrection Job Application Thread Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is the Twisted Insurrection job application thread! As most of you know, we have been going for quite a long time now and even though we have been successful so far, we're still stuck in beta. Even though we are progressing well behind the scenes, it never hurts to have some extra helping hands, right?

I have set up this thread so that if you are interested in joining, you can see what jobs are available. Please provide examples of your abilities while applying!

• Open Positions: Jobs that we would like people to apply for the most

• 2D Artists - Various Jobs for those (well) experienced in Photoshop
    • 3D Artists - GDI Structures / Civilian Structures / GloboTech Structures
    • Terrain Artists - Upcoming Theaters
    • Mappers - Mostly multiplayer mappers are wanted, it never hurts to have more maps

• Considered Positions: You may apply for these jobs, but they are of low priority...

• Voxel Artists - ErastusMercy is doing a great job with voxels, but an extra hand to replace the dated civilian voxels would be nice
    • Concept Artist - We currently lack concepts for several GDI structures so an additional concept artist is handy to have

• Closed Positions: We will not be accepting application for any of the following positions.

• INI Coders - There is just simply no need for any more coders, LKO, Crimsonum and I have it all under control
    • Beta Testers - Public Beta's are for beta testing, not staff builds
    • Voice Actors - It's time to replace those voices borrowed from other games, we'll be taking on voice actors! [Edit: This position is temporarily unavailable]
    • Local Idiot - We have far too many of these on the team already! #Tongue

Rather than replying to this thread, I would prefer it if you send me a private message if you would like to apply for one of these jobs instead, but if you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Remember, no matter who you are, don't hesitate to ask about positions, even those that aren't listed here. We'd be very grateful for any additional help, especially that of an expert in their field to help get us out of beta faster. Smile

Twisted Insurrection [Version 0.6]
Twisted Insurrection OST [Vol. 6]
Twisted Insurrection: Gallery

Tiberian Sun Client (Includes UMP)

Last edited by Aro on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still looking for extra staff members to help out with progressing the mod further. If you're interested in helping out in any of the criteria above, let us know!

Inferni
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

i'm new to this forum & the project itself. I just tested the latest version of your mod (0.6.4) and i really enjoy it.
Do you plan to support other languages for the entire game? I would like to support you for the german translation, as an example.   Smile
Are there any plans for the internationalization of this mod?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Welcome to our forum and thank you for your kind words. Smile We're glad you're enjoying the mod.

We have been discussing the possibility of language patches for TI in the future, but due-to compatibility issues, it's not a very plausible option at the moment, but definitely something to discuss in the future. We can contact you again at a later time regarding this. Smile

DigitalRonin
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Mapper Reply with quote

Greetings, I've just finished my first map with FinalTI. Not sure I can call it my "first" map, when I was kid I used to map aswell for Red Alert 2.

I will include the map in my post, I must admit, some habits never die off. Smile The map is a remake of Deadly Sertão from Tiberium Wars, one of my favorites from the game. Feedback is highly appreciated!  Wink

Have a great day whoever reads this!
- DR

deadly sertão.map
 Description:
[2] Deadly Sertão

Download
 Filename:  deadly sertão.map
 Filesize:  335.41 KB
 Downloaded:  8 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DigitalRonin, and welcome to the forums!

Impressive work for a first map, even if you have previous experience with RA2. Here are some suggestions for improvements:
  • It's very big for just two players, I could see room for two more players on the empty corners. Although in the end this is a matter of taste.
  • There is very little Tiberium to harvest. Just one Tiberium spawner in each corner. This means battles might drag out and end up boring. If you still want to keep the amount of Tiberium low, I suggest replacing the blue Tiberium fields with red or purple Tiberium, the more valuable varieties.
  • Slopes/hills are often very regular-shaped and thus appear unnatural. Try adding finer detail with the 1x1 slope brush tool or by placing slopes manually from the tilesets.
  • Cliffs are sometimes a bit too straight to appear natural, but not too much. Most of the time there's a good amount of variation.
  • The dark ground under the Tiberium fields looks very unnatural, having that rectangular shape. Try breaking it up with other tiles (pebbles, clear LAT additions, etc.).

Keep on the good work.

DigitalRonin
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Tiberium will be added. (2 fields at base po's) and more blue Tiberium in the corners. Also more detail beneath the Tiberium.(Not just dark ground) I am also adding more detail to the cliffs and the slopes. When the map has reached near perfection, hopefully it will be added in the next version of TI. But that all depends whatever the development team wants it or not. Until I recieve word, I keep the final version of the map to myself.(Not sure official TI maps are permitted to be released earlier, so that's why. #Tongue)

Thanks for the advice, mate. Hope you've had a great day!
- DR

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Featured Projects » Twisted Insurrection
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon