Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm
All times are UTC + 0
2 bugs
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
milos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:  2 bugs
Subject description: problems with saving and loading games
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i use latest version of the game on windows 10. saving of the games is pretty slow with main menu disappearing after it so i have to blind hit the resume game button. when i'm in the game and i want to load a saved game loading screen is just black with just those small loading messages appearing on the right and after that game doesnt load and the whole program is stuck and i have to kill the process. i managed to play for several times but the whole situation is annoying.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Start the client, go into Options and select a different Renderer.
Try them one by one to see which works best for you.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try what Lin Kuei Ominae suggested.

Also, are you able to load saved games from the client (main menu)?

milos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think i tried all the renderers and situation is the same i think its not suppose to be about that, there is no graphics problem. when i start the game for the first time and try to load a save i get that black screen and the game doesnt load immediately but after some time, mouse clicking and who knows what i get to play it. when i'm in the game loading seems not to even work cause it totally gets stuck and then i kill the process. all this is very weird and i dont want make more fuss about, it seems the executable has some problem and i think i didnt have problems with any games lately so as i said this is very weird. the problem is the same with Twisted Insurrection i also must say that i know i can play Tiberian Sun original with community patch installed so this problem with the mods is just stupid. i'm so disappointed that i cant play. i hope that the problem will be indentified.

milos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i didnt play Tiberian Sun for some time and i tried today and it seems there are problems with that game too. both ea's version and community version have some problems and turns out i cant play a mission long enough with out game being stuck or crashing. i think the game works on Windows XP with  no problems 'cause i remember playing it few years back.

milos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tested DTA on Windows XP now and these saving/loading/menu issues dont exist. the menu is much faster and loading too. when i thought everything is cool another problem happened, when you abort mission game doesnt return to the launcher menu and it stucks in some black screen again with me having to kill it in some cases returns internal error message. these are strange problems which could be solved i dont see a reason why the game shouldnt work regularly on my computer wheather if its windows 10 or 7 the OS

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For me (and most others) DTA works properly on Windows 10. But on some systems there's problems like this. Unfortunately solving compatibility issues like this is hard, especially when we don't encounter the issue ourselves, and since we don't have the source code for the TS engine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum