Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Jumpjet infantry (and ToolTipColor)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:  Jumpjet infantry (and ToolTipColor) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello. I modded first Red Alert 2, then Yuri's Revenge, more than half a decade ago. I lost my files, I lost the time, life moved on... But I found it to be a great pity, that I lost my files and design documents. Over the years, I spent a week or so reinstalling the game, trying my hand at a new mod, but it didn't amount to much. Recently, I wanted to return to it, for the nostalgia, and to finish a mod. I acquainted myself with Ares, as well as ModEnc, and am having a very nice time.

It is surprising, really, how much fun this game is, both modding and playing. But for some days now, I am having problems with a specific jumpjet infantry I created, called 'Angel'. Another jumpjet infantry I created - 'Ascended' - works perfectly fine.

The problem is that the Angel only attacks once. You can see that the Ascended is happily trying to burn the water, while the Angel is doing nothing - but it displays red lines, as if attacking. The Ascended is the unselected recoloured Parasite, oh so very familiar, while the Angel is the selected Yuri Prime from Red Alert 2:

Initially, I thought the problem was that the Angel can both land and fly; its secondary deploy weapon is a PSI wave that heals infantry. Making it a BalloonHover unit, removing its deploy function, removing its secondary, changing its primary to that of the Ascended - nothing works. It's completely baffling me. And conversely; giving the Ascended the Angel's primary weapon or making it a non-BalloonHover unit works fine too.

There are also the two JumpJet tags - JumpJetAccel and JumpJetTurnRate - that should be spelled 'Jumpjet'. When I changed that, the jumpjet units refused to move into attack range, when ordered to attack something (this is why the Rocketeer is buildable; for testing purposes). The Angel, however, does properly move into attack range - the problem is that it only attacks once:

I have no idea what could possibly be wrong, and so, I decided to create a thread here. The relevant code of the Angel is here:

Code:

[ANGEL]
UIName=Name:ANGEL
Name=Angel
Image=YURIPR
Category=Soldier
JumpJet=yes
Primary=AngelPsiExplosion
Secondary=AngelPsiWave
Deployer=yes
DeployFire=yes
UndeployDelay=150
Prerequisite=YABRCK,NAPSIS
Crushable=yes
Strength=125
Fearless=yes
Armor=AirFlak
TechLevel=5
Sight=8
Pip=white
Speed=12
Owner=YuriCountry
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=800
Soylent=400
Points=15
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=AngelSelect
VoiceMove=AngelMove
VoiceAttack=AngelAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=AngelFear
;VoiceSpecialAttack=RocketeerMove
DieSound=AngelDieVoice
VoiceDeploy=AngelDeployVoice
Locomotor={92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Fly
ConsideredAircraft=yes
ThreatPosed=15   ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
JumpjetSpeed=12;30 ;params not defined use defaults (old globals way up top called Jumpjet controls)
JumpjetClimb=20 ;HY increase climb speed; used to be 10
JumpjetCrash=25 ; Climb, but down
;JumpjetAccel=10 ;Jet nlspeed
;JumpjetTurnRate=10 ;Jet nlspeed
JumpjetHeight=500
JumpjetWobbles=0.05;.01
JumpjetDeviation=1
JumpjetNoWobbles=yes ; the wobbling is in the Hover sequence of the art, instead of being programmer art/ sine wave
Size=1
SpeedType=Hover
HoverAttack=yes
Crashable=no
BalloonHover=no ; ie never land
MoveSound=RocketeerMoveLoop
ElitePrimary=AngelPsiExplosionE

[AngelPsiExplosion]
Damage=90
ROF=60
Range=10
Projectile=InvisibleHigh;InaccurateInvisibleHigh
Speed=100
Warhead=AngelWH
Report=MagnetronMagneShake
OmniFire=yes

[AngelPsiExplosionE]
Damage=90
ROF=60
Range=12
Projectile=InvisibleHigh;InaccurateInvisibleHigh
Speed=100
Warhead=AngelWH
Report=MagnetronMagneShake
OmniFire=yes

[AngelWH]
Cellspread=1
CellSpread.MaxAffect=1
Verses=10%,5%,20%,100%,80%,80%,80%,65%,50%,100%,100%
ProneDamage=50%
AnimList=AngelPSIExplosionAnim
InfDeath=6
Wall=no
Wood=no
Sparky=no
Conventional=no
Rocker=yes

[AngelPsiWave]
Damage=25
Range=1
ROF=50
Projectile=Psychic
Speed=1
Warhead=AngelPsiPulse
AreaFire=yes
FireOnce=yes
Report=YuriDeploy
Anim=PRPLRING2

[AngelPsiPulse]
CellSpread=3
CellSpread.MaxAffect=1
PercentAtMax=1
Verses=-100%,-100%,-100%,-0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
InfDeath=6
AffectsAllies=yes

[Warheads]
117=AngelWH
118=AngelPsiPulse

[Animations]
697=PRPLRING2
702=AngelPSIExplosionAnim

[YURIPR] ; Angel, the former Yuri Prime
Cameo=ANGICON;YYPRICON;YURPICON
CameoPalette=angicon.pal
AltCameo=ANFUICO;YURPUICO
Sequence=YuriPrSequence
Crawls=yes
Remapable=yes
FireUp=6
PrimaryFireFLH=10,0,195
SecondaryFireFLH=10,0,195 ; SJM: brain blast should come from head, not feet

[YuriPrSequence]
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Walk=8,6,6
Idle1=56,15,0,S
Idle2=71,15,0,E
Prone=86,1,6
Crawl=86,6,6
Die1=134,15,0
Die2=149,15,0
FireUp=164,6,6
FireProne=212,6,6
Down=260,2,2
Up=276,2,2
Deploy=292,7,0
Deployed=299,2,0
Undeploy=301,6,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
Cheer=307,8,0,E
Panic=8,6,6
Hover=8,6,6;375,6,6

[PRPLRING2]
Translucent=no
Rate=300
TranslucencyDetailLevel=1
Flat=true
CustomPalette=prplring2.pal

[AngelPSIExplosionAnim]
Translucent=no
Rate=300
TranslucencyDetailLevel=1

Most of the above code probably isn't relevant, but I thought I'd include everything just to be sure.

And while I'm at it, on a sidenote, I believe Ares allows one to change the interface colour, from the standard yellow (I believe?) to something else, with the ToopTipColor tag. I've got it to change to blue and red, somehow (at random, mind), but I would like to know what I'm doing wrong; I want the Allies to have blue, the Soviets to have red, and Yuri to have purple. That shouldn't be too hard, but the below doesn't work (nor does it work with text - such as ColPurple - or with brackets, or with spaces, or with anything else I could think of).

Code:

[ThirdSide]
ToolTipColor=150,0,255
MessageTextColor=ColPurple
Engineer=YENGINEER

Thank you very much in advance, for your time reading this, if nothing else. Smile

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nlspeed wrote:
There are also the two JumpJet tags - JumpJetAccel and JumpJetTurnRate - that should be spelled 'Jumpjet'.

keys are written like that in the exe and refuse to work if written different. you can't simply correct their spelling as the game is case sensitive.

There is also the art.ini key TrailerSeperation which is spelled wrong but needs to be used in this exact way.

no clue about your unit. i would suggest removing all changes and then add them one by one and test each time to see at which point it stops working.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhm, so I should just let the tags be as they are? From what I understood, the 'JumpJet' flags weren't read by the .exe, and so, they should be changed to 'Jumpjet'. Doing that, however, made the Rocketeer feel quite odd, so you would be right. Smile

Yes. And 'Verses', of course. And perhaps more I haven't seen yet.

I actually figured it out just now, a 'FireFly' tag needed to be added to the sequence; FireFly=164,6,6.

Thank you for your (extremely fast) help, though! Would you perhaps have thoughts upon the ToopTipColor thing too? But regardless of that, thank you. Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did some testing & it appears that the ToopTipColor is broken.
The tag only works on the first side in the [Sides] list & would apply the same ToopTipColor to all following sides.

I'll post about this on the Ares bugtracker, can you also test this & corroborate my findings to make sure?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in my gamemd.exe it's called
JumpjetAccel
JumpjetTurnRate
so they have to be used this way.
Ignore wrong comments made by sloppy WW coders.

ah, missing FireFly key makes sense.
The unit has FireUp set in its art.ini sequence. This delay of 6 frames and the missing FireFly key which defaults to a 1 frame long firing anim makes the unit unable to shoot, because it can never reach a 6th firing anim frame.

no clue about ToolTipColor.
Are you sure Ares is loaded fine? Not that the game simply ignores these keys because Ares isn't loaded correct.

Public SHPs

Tools

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I can check, Ares is loaded fine. That is to say, every other Ares function I have tried works; everything related to adding new sides and countries, abductor logic, and more. The menu shows that Ares is installed as well.

Yes, I can corroborate your findings. Is there anything in specific you wish of me?

I can confirm that the below all do not work for ThirdSide (i.e. Yuri):

ToolTipColor=150,0,255
ToolTipColor= 150,0,255
ToolTipColor=(150,0,255)
ToolTipColor=150 0 255
ToolTipColor=150,0,255
ToolTipColor=ColPurple ( http://i.imgur.com/1bJDlwQ.png )

ToolTipColor=150,0,255 does, however, work for the first side, as you say. That being [GDI], i.e., the Allies, for me:

However, launching a game with a fourth side that I added, turns the UI yellow, instead of purple, so I do not think it is accurate to say that the ToolTipColor tag underneath [GDI] applies to every other side as well:

Nor does it work for the Soviets ([NOD]):

Or for Yuri ([ThirdSide]):

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for testing, I've removed GDI, NOD & ThirdSide in my mod & replaced them with 12 new sides. Under my setup the ToolTipColor tag for the first side effects all sides. In normal YR it seams it doesn't tho, there must be some hardcoded properties with the GDI & NOD names. Either way tho it's still only working for the first side.

Are you able to change the colour of the Soviet (Nod) side?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With further testing I found that if several sides share the same sidebar they can't have different ToolTipColors, instead they will all use the ToolTipColor from the first side listed that uses the sidebar.

As the Soviets & Yuri use the same sidebar I presume this is the problem you are having?

To fix this you'll need to make a copy of the Soviet sidebar mix file (sidec02.mix) & rename it to sidec03, then add Sidebar.MixFileIndex=3 & Sidebar.YuriFileNames=yes to [ThirdSide].

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is quite likely, asin I employed ToolTipColor in success back before I jumped to OpenRA but all my factions used different sidebars.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhhhm... That might explain why I saw Yuri with red and blue at certain times... Let's add a sidebar and see what happens.

Yes, you seem to be right; it's green now, as I want it to be for this faction:

Next step - editing sidebars!

Thank you very much though. Smile

It might be useful to add this to Ares' documentation?

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

An unrelated but new question, that I should be able to find the answer to but can't.

In the below picture, you can see five Noosphere Tethers lined up next to the War Factory (well, the Manufactory, but details). Two of them, however, are only partly visible.

I strongly suspect this has to do with the War Factory's animation; the flickering blue light. However, I cannot seem to find a way to change its depth, or something, to make it be drawn behind - and not over - the Noosphere Tethers.

The .shp files all appear to be correct, as far as I can tell, and it doesn't matter whether one of the two (or both of the) buildings displays its damaged animation or not.

The height of the Noosphere Tether doesn't seem to matter; I turned it to 6 (with the War Factory being 5) and the problem persisted.

... Actually, I forgot to add YASBIO_A and YASBIO_AD to the animation list in rulesmd.ini.

Having done that, the problem is now slightly different. Without an infantry unit inside, the Noosphere Tether displays fine. But the moment I put an infantry inside, the Noosphere Tether disappears again. The buildup animation is also hidden behind the War Factory:

To my understanding, _MK animations do not need an entry in artmd.ini, nor do they, as such, need to be listed in rulesmd.ini.

I did see whether commenting out ActiveAnimZAdjust would work, as well as turning it into a larger negative number - because to my understanding, that moves the .shp to a lower layer - but that merely worsened the problem; the occupied, unoccupied, and build up animations are then all behind the War Factory's flickering:

Below the relevant artmd.ini entries, including ActiveAnimZAdjust.

Code:

[YASBIO]
Cameo=NOOSICON
CameoPalette=noosicon.pal
Remapable=yes
Foundation=1x1
Height=2
Buildup=YASBIO_MK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes
ActiveAnim=YASBIO_A
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-100
ActiveAnimDamaged=YASBIO_AD
CanHideThings=True
CanBeHidden=False
OccupyHeight=2
DamageFireOffset0=-5,5

[YASBIO_A]
Normalized=yes
NewTheater=yes
Start=0
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=7
LoopCount=-1
Rate=400
Layer=ground

[YASBIO_AD]
Image=YASBIO_A
Normalized=yes
NewTheater=yes
Start=8
LoopStart=8
LoopEnd=15
LoopCount=-1
Rate=400
Layer=ground

Thank you very much for any possible help. Smile

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A related oddity; the part of the Noosphere Tether that disappears behind the War Factory, appears in front of the Barracks. But only when no infantry is inside.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remove the key Layer=ground and check what happens.

Also try adding NormalZAdjust=-25 to YASBIO to move the entire building in a higher render layer, so it is rendered in front of the warfactory.
Though don't give that too big values as it can worsen the building being rendered above things standing in front of it.

Public SHPs

Tools

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooh, thank you! What ended up working was:

Commenting out ;Layer=ground
Commenting out ActiveAnimZAdjust=-200
Adding NormalZAdjust=-25

I noticed that without any infantry inside, it was rendered incorrectly in front of objects, such as with the Barracks above, yet with infantry inside, it was rendered incorrectly behind objects. Somehow, the above three changes cause it to work perfectly, as far as I can discern:

However, I'm afraid your advice doesn't help me out with another problem regarding building graphics; I have been spending almost three days on trying to figure out the same problem with an airfield made by Mig Eater. I thought I had solved it, finally, at the end of yesterday... But no:

It is rendered behind some trees, and in front of others. Infantry run underneath it. And it is also rendered in front of the Construction Yard's animations, yet behind Bio Reactors, for example.

Layer=ground and NormalZAdjust=100 are marginally better, displaying more of the Barracks and letting infantry run over it (a NormalZAdjust of 1000 changes nothing, as far as I can see):

A final thing I experimented with is commenting out the BibShape, which improves the Barracks thing:

That is, however, the best I can come up with. Changing the canvas in the SHP Builder, downsizing it to the minimum necessary. Nor, presumably, does saving the .shp files with these settings:

But, though this option always appears to be selected since I changed it, when I try to press 'OK' I get this error:

Still, apparently it works, for the option never reverts to the default.

Anyway, the latest artmd.ini code is as follows (and yes, _A and _AD work correctly, I also toyed around with those to see if it could fix things, but no):

Code:

[NARUN]
Remapable=yes
Cameo=LANDICON
CameoPalette=landicon.pal
Foundation = Custom
Foundation.X = 3
Foundation.Y = 5
Foundation.0 = 0,0
Foundation.1 = 1,0
Foundation.2 = 2,0
Foundation.3 = 0,1
Foundation.4 = 1,1
Foundation.5 = 2,1
Foundation.6 = 0,2
Foundation.7 = 1,2
Foundation.8 = 2,2
Foundation.9 = 0,3
Foundation.10 = 1,3
Foundation.11 = 2,3
Foundation.12 = 0,4
Foundation.13 = 1,4
Foundation.14 = 2,4
FoundationOutline.Length = 20
FoundationOutline.0 = -1,-1
FoundationOutline.1 = 0,-1
FoundationOutline.2 = 1,-1
FoundationOutline.3 = 2,-1
FoundationOutline.4 = 3,-1
FoundationOutline.5 = -1,0
FoundationOutline.6 = 3,0
FoundationOutline.7 = -1,1
FoundationOutline.8 = 3,1
FoundationOutline.9 = -1,2
FoundationOutline.10 = 3,2
FoundationOutline.11 = -1,3
FoundationOutline.12 = 3,3
FoundationOutline.13 = -1,4
FoundationOutline.14 = 3,4
FoundationOutline.15 = -1,5
FoundationOutline.16 = 0,5
FoundationOutline.17 = 1,5
FoundationOutline.18 = 2,5
FoundationOutline.19 = 3,5
Height=2
Layer=ground
NormalZAdjust=100
Flat=yes ; while this is a valid BuilType flag, it does nothing.
Buildup=NGRUNMK
;BibShape=NARUNBB
;ZShapePointMove=60,30 ; SJM is fixing zshape/zshapelocky problems, changed from 0,0
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes
;DockingOffset0=0,-128,0      ;-80,80,0
;DockingOffset1=0,128,0       ;-80,-208,0
;DockingOffset2=256,-128,0    ;208,80,0
;DockingOffset3=256,128,0     ;208,-208,0
ActiveAnim=NARUN_A
ActiveAnimDamaged=NARUN_AD
CanHideThings=True
CanBeHidden=False
;OccupyHeight=2
;AddOccupy1=-1,-1
;AddOccupy2=-1,0
;AddOccupy3=-2,-1
;AddOccupy4=-3,-2
;RemoveOccupy1=1,0
;RemoveOccupy2=2,0
;RemoveOccupy3=1,1
;RemoveOccupy4=2,2
DamageFireOffset0=-36,23
DamageFireOffset1=-21,6

[NARUNBB]
Layer=ground
NormalZAdjust=100

[NARUN_A]
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
Rate=220
Layer=ground
NormalZAdjust=100
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes

[NARUN_AD]
;Image=NARUN_A
Normalized=yes
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=1
LoopCount=-1
Rate=220
Layer=ground
NormalZAdjust=100
NewTheater=yes
Shadow=yes

Is there some kind of checklist or guide to all this? ModEnc doesn't much help me with it, I'm afraid, and most of what I have done so far is based on scattered advice I found throughout this forum.

I would like to understand the logic behind it all, instead of blindly trying this and that and hoping it works. I mean, chances are I'll run into these problems more often, with other unique buildings (as in, a pre-release War Factory would presumably work fine by basing it on the normal War Factory's artmd.ini).

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NARUN should be a blank empty shp, the runway gfx should be in NARUNBB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon