Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[Capturable] CABAL Guardian
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject:  [Capturable] CABAL Guardian Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CABAL Guardian

Strength: Medium
Armour: Strong
Speed: Average
Cost: 2000

*Obtainable via capturing a Cabal Core*
*Requires Sides Tech Center to use*

A new unit fresh from Cabal's assembly line. Devolped and produced in production facilities located in some of the coldest places on Earth these units are a serious threat for any unit in the battlefield, armed with twin light plasma cannons they can deal with even some of the most armoured units suprisingly quickly and can fry groups of infantry instantly at a good distance. Their main weakness lies within their own armour as they rely on destroying their enemies before being fired upon. These units have not been mass produced so encountering a large group of them will be rare.

Last edited by Orac on Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:09 am; edited 2 times in total

MT
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very, very nice work SHP. Sounds like a great unit too.

One issue I have with it: Guardian sounds a bit weird for a lightly armoured strike unit, that your description states relies on destroying the enemy before being fired on.

Aside from that it is a very sound design and role. CABAL must be pleased #Tongue

g.A.Mauzer
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome.Wink))

Also, it looks like Centurion from Terminator universe, but with triple-leg chassis.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought this was quadruped.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The turret looks similar, perhaps, but the one in Terminator was tracked iirc. This is a quadruped.
Although it wouldn't surprise me if the similarities are intentional, last I checked Morpher was fairly well versed in Terminator.

Last edited by Orac on Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah... we, uh... we totally stole it. #Tongue

g.A.Mauzer
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, need also give dead voice 'I'll be back!' ( :broot: ) to CABAL's foot cyborg.
And 'Hasta la vista, baby!' to somebody of mutants. #2gunfire

Very Happy

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In case that you would want them I could provide you with the AUD files for the terminator quotes including the ones mentioned. Oh but I don't do the mono and Mhz adjustment stuff since it works flawlessly without that for me. I got the wav files too if you want to do the adjustments, not that they couldn't be found in the net.

Unit is looking great me likes.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I kinda think that Donut's voice would fit the Cabal units.

g.A.Mauzer
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero, I just kidding.Wink))

IMHO, Cyborg (or same) voice is ideal for CABAL's units.
Westwood were masters of soundfx.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

g.A.Mauzer wrote:
Westwood were masters of soundfx.

Masters at finding good soundfx libraries. Not for nothing was Aliens vs. Predator using several tiberian fiend sounds for the predator. Wink

Ontopic: the unit looks nice, though since shp units can have more details than vxl, i think it would be nice to give it a more metallic look by adding some cool bright reflections. Especially the lighting of the cockpit/turret part looks quite bland.

I'm not sure if these are all walking in the preview, but even turreted shp units can have standing frames!
So it would be good to give this one a standing frame with even stretched out legs.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good nice work Smile

malius123
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow. epic 5 year bump , but this shp is in reign of steel mix files, i thought it was holy masters and subject to free to to use policy.been using it for over a 2 years in my mod but now im in doubt to its ownership. did morpher/orac gift this shp to reign of steel? but ultimately was never used in reign of steel

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon