Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Now I'll just play around with this version.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject:  Now I'll just play around with this version. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Honestly, I wouldnt work on it, but since I need something to practice maths morphology technics for the uni, I'll use it and add a dilate and erode tools probably and something based on it. So, expect 3.x versions with maybe more image effects or stuff like this... serious new features will only be available on the OS Image Builder or OS Modding Studio or. whatever I call the 4.0...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Modding Studio...... merge SHP Builder with VXL tools? Maybe an ini editor? etc ?

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that sounds so cool, an alround c&c modder.
can't wait (if that IS what you mean)

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet Wink & another question; can you make it so pasting things makes black backround on them transparent, because say you paste a tube & you want to put it on the back of something, the black area around the tub you selected covers up the thing your attaching it to.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
Modding Studio...... merge SHP Builder with VXL tools? Maybe an ini editor? etc ?

Yea, basically... the engine would have layer support for 3D purpouses, allowing to deal with 3D and 2D objects... I'm still brainstorming the document format... it would have space for layers, objects and undolist... if you have any ideas or wanna take a further participation on this, either talk to me on MSN or post a topic in the beta forum.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would it include a TMP editor?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im guessing ull be wanting the source of the VH engine. Note that it currently is designed for ONE "vehicle"(3 vxl's and 3 hva's) open at one time.

So that you could display voxels, and play around with them.

If im correct the best thign to do would be to work out what apps u want. Then make each one into a program (seperate programs). Then once you have all the seperate programs, then you can begin to merge them into one.

An all round modding studio would be good. And it would be big (filesize, OS : VV for example is 4MB alone).

(Note: With the VH engine you technicaly get OS: VV and OS HVA in one..... minus the interfaces)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanna have one standard document type that deals with everything. Then, I use the engine to convert this standard document into the formats used by the game.

So, merging programs create some extra and unneded garbage inside it, because we'll not edit THVAs,TSHPs, TVoxels or whatever... we'll edit TDocument.

I'll need the VH engine to adapt it to the program, just like I'll adapt the SHP engine from the OS SHP Builder 3.21 and the hidden TMP_Engine from OS SHP Builder 3.21 (in case you check the source, I think you'll find it).

And I know the program will get complex and consequently: big. I plan to make it the most flexible as possible by making moddable tools. It would considerably reduce the coding size of the program. Simply text file formats where user can edit in order to make their own brush tools, shapes, image filters, pixel filters (like crash, snow and others), templates, geometry filters, etc...

Then, lately, I would extend it to ini support as well. I.e.: If the user opens a unit X, it would search the unit X in the official art(fs)(md).ini set by the user, get each section where it affects in a different wndow, then open the rules.ini and get each section it affects in a separate window, or provide options to user create new units. But this would be harder to implement because, if the user changes its weapon, it would need to search for its new weapon or create a new one.... things like this could be considered. So, at first, let it be a image editor and then, we'll expand it.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A universal document format would brink on near imposible for having SHP's and Voxels. Both formats are compleatly different and need different things.

Quote:
we'll expand it

You not we.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry about it... I already have plans to deal with special settings.

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

Then, lately, I would extend it to ini support as well. I.e.: If the user opens a unit X, it would search the unit X in the official art(fs)(md).ini set by the user, get each section where it affects in a different wndow, then open the rules.ini and get each section it affects in a separate window, or provide options to user create new units. But this would be harder to implement because, if the user changes its weapon, it would need to search for its new weapon or create a new one.... things like this could be considered. So, at first, let it be a image editor and then, we'll expand it.

wouldn't it be better just to have something like notepad, because that sounds awfully confusing.
but the rest sounds good, (hmmm... maybe a bit rushed) have you started at all?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I havent started yet. Didnt have time... it's kinda hard when you have 7 works and several tests for university in the next days...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So you need to practice math?

How about adding the parallelogram tool Smile?

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm... that was me. Sorry, forgot I wasn't logged in...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum