Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Small SHP Pack
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject:  Small SHP Pack
Subject description: My first ever complete SHPS
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Smile
The Fruits of my hard work.
Mongoose Mech
Main Battle Mech
Dummy Building

Complete Small Mechs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  359.49 KB
 Viewed:  28932 Time(s)

Complete Small Mechs.jpg

Complete.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  608.87 KB
 Viewed:  28932 Time(s)

Complete.jpg

ID200 Shp Pack 01.rar
 Description:
Includes Art And Rules.
You might have to change the weapons though.
I don't think I pasted them in.:)

Download
 Filename:  ID200 Shp Pack 01.rar
 Filesize:  666.74 KB
 Downloaded:  1602 Time(s)

Last edited by IceDragon200 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lighting is very wrong.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the animations and the 3d-model is really good, but there are many problems with the ingame version.

1. your units use wrong colors of the color palette. check out this tibweb topic. There you can see which colors you have to avoid (the theater specific and glowing ones).
2. The animations on the units are way too long. That's why they are ingame inappropriate slow and don't fit to any speed setting. Ingame it looks like the unit slide over the ground instead of walking. Check out the original units to see how long they should be.
i would suggest:
[small units] ; e.g. wolverine
6-12 frames per walk loop (also dependent on the size of each step the unit makes; running units with bigger footsteps can use more frames)
1-5 frames per firing anim for cannons/MGs (except you use FiringSyncFrame for a charge anim; then the anim can be as long as you wish)
[medium units] ;e.g. titan
12-18 frames per walk loop
[big units]
18-24 frames per walk loop

3. As Blade mentioned the lighting is wrong. Even if your shadows point to the correct direction which seems that the position of your light source is correct (Light in the SW; shadow to NE), your units lack a good lighting. They don't seem to have any shadows on themself. Also reflections and specular lighting are completely missing.
4. Your SHPs need Anti-Aliasing, since they look very pixelated ingame. In 3dsmax go to config and set "don't Anti-Aliase against background", so the unit doesn't get an outline by blurring with the background but still having AA on the unit itself.
5. the buildup-anim on your building is too long. Even if it works in TS, the game has a bug when showing buildupanims which are longer than 25 frames (50 with shadow). On longer buildupanims you can see right after you place it, the building in its full stage for a second, before the buildupanim actually starts.

6. you can remove TurretOffset from your art.ini code as this doesn't work with SHP units and just messes up the FireFLH (the point at which the bullet starts is off).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks LKO!
I'll go fix that.

I'm very inactive here at PPM...
Got other things doing....

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Razz
Face Lift
*Download Removed Check First Post.*

Last edited by IceDragon200 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oooh nice, I'm really loving a lot of things in that shot (especially LKO's war factory Razz). Some of those mechs are really appealing, good job.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's much better now.
Please make a complete archive with all the latest stuff and remove the old one. (also add new art.ini example code; rules.ini WalkRate= and Speed= values would be nice too, so you know which setting fits perfect to the walkanim)
I sense some spotlight stuff here. Very Happy

Hint: You should create your own palette for conversion, which also avoids the brick colors and the non-remap reds. During conversion these are often mixed with remap, thus create bad results when switching ingame to a different remap than red. (e.g. a bright golden remap area with small red dots)

Public SHPs

Tools

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Give me about an hour I have some other work to do.
Wheres the Pallete editor anyway?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs

Tools

Roadwarrior
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you using blender?

IceDragon200
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Roadwarrior
If its on the smoothie I'm drinking YES
If its the 3d models NO
I'm using 3ds max 9.
@LKO
Respect Due (Thanks!)

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, nice work man, how're their animations? I can't see for myself being as I don't have any of the correct tools on this computer.

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like a very promising start
youll aspire to greatness in a relatively short amount of time my friend- especially once you get the hang of getting stuff ingame to match the quality of your models.good luck

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made some gifs showing the anims.
Even if the building needs a lot more work to add more details and more realistic anims, i think the mechs are of top quality. They have smooth anims (even a cool death anim for the Battlemech) and a good texture and lighting.

So i say Spotlight for the Mechs. Smile

cameos.PNG
 Description:
battlemech / mongoose / dummybuilding
 Filesize:  4.45 KB
 Viewed:  28857 Time(s)

cameos.PNG

bttlmchfire.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.67 KB
 Viewed:  28859 Time(s)

bttlmchfire.gif

bttlmchwalk.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.08 KB
 Viewed:  28859 Time(s)

bttlmchwalk.gif

mongoosewalk.gif
 Description:
this one has a turret, which isn't shown on this anim. That's why the walkanim also has to be that stiff.
 Filesize:  17.94 KB

mongoosewalk.gif

dummybuildmk.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.66 KB

dummybuildmk.gif

Public SHPs

Tools

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhm, excuse me? These are spotlighted? I thought this forum at least had some sort of a quality standard before stuff was just put into it.

Those buildings.. are just.. Confused

Why does a magic flag sputter from who the hell knows? The base of the building shrinks and looks like it gets sucked up. and the windows are just a plain blue material.

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i'm gonna agree with joshy 100% on this one... these arnt THAT great. and yeah... it looks like that buildings is getting sucked into a black hole and then it just inflates it...

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is great! Very Happy

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy, the spotlight goes out for the mechs... not the buildings... #Tongue

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to say, that battle mech is sexy, I like the design, reminds me of some mech I saw on Neotokyo* #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
Joshy, the spotlight goes out for the mechs... not the buildings... #Tongue

Exclamation Exactly Exclamation

Public SHPs

Tools

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then post the mechs (Though the mechs could use some work) and not the buildings.

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I don't see why the mechs need any more work, it looks fine imo.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:
Then post the mechs (Though the mechs could use some work) and not the buildings.

The mechs are in the zip. The building is just 2 files out of 8 iirc.

Some more details what needs more work in your opinion would be also helpful. Imo they are spotlight worthy and for his first work really impressive.
My only point would be the animations which are quite slow as they have too many frames. But removing some frames is no problem at all for those who want to use them.

Public SHPs

Tools

MT
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

inzane krazy wrote:
Well, I don't see why the mechs need any more work, it looks fine imo.

Yep, this. It is fine as it is.

ConMan
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Joshy wrote:

Consider the building as a freebie.

SolitareXT@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sry to troll but um like the one that has the BFG in his hand looks like a battlemaster, can i have it for my mechwarrior inspired mod?

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

These are up for public use so there's no trouble Wink

I just realized the Mongoose looks like a Catapult, only with a turret...

SolitareXT
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah actually it does, shorten the body a wee bit, round it out a lil too and add missile racks and youre golden, actually now youve got me to thinking that, since i still suck with SHP building think you could possibly be of assistance in that?

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for Necropost, I just found out about this pack,  but does anyone know how to get the huge mech building or where?

Tartan Bunny
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!