Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C0000005 at 644C7DC4
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject:  C0000005 at 644C7DC4 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This might not be Ares related, but neither Google nor ModEnc seem to know of this error. It likely has to do with sonic waves; I created a submarine that attacks by firing a projectile that looks like a sonic wave, but applies damage normally.

It can get this error both by attacking flying infantry and by attacking airplanes (the paradrop plane, to be specific). My first thought was this had to do with the range, as Yuri's Revenge sonic waves were limited to a range below the range of this weapon.

I tested this, though, and it didn't crash. Nor did it crash when I let it attack flying infantry at its maximum range:

It was also perfectly capable of shooting down the paradrop planes that kept flying in every so often - until, suddenly, it gave the attached internal error again. Adding Level=yes to the projectile (which [Sonic] has) doesn't prevent this error.

To my knowledge, Ares doesn't have its own sonic projectile, which is why the ApplyDamage exists; to allow one to use sonic-looking projectiles. I might be wrong, though, and this whole IE might be sidestepped.

[TURBULENCE]
UIName=Name:TURBULENCE
Name=Turbulence Magnetic Submarine
Prerequisite=NAPSIS,YAYARD
VHPScan=Strong
Primary=TurbulenceAA
Turret=yes
NavalTargeting=6
LandTargeting=1
;FireAngle=64
Category=AFV
Strength=600
Naval=yes
Armor=heavy
TechLevel=2
Underwater=yes
Sight=6
Sensors=yes
SensorsSight=6
Speed=4
CrateGoodie=no
Owner=YuriCountry,Tibet
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=1000
Bounty.Value=250
Soylent=1000
Turret=no
Points=30
ROT=2
Crusher=no
Crewed=no
Weight=4
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=TyphoonSubSelect
VoiceMove=TyphoonSubMove
VoiceAttack=TyphoonSubAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=SubFear
DieSound=GenSmallWaterDie
MoveSound=SubMoveStart
Locomotor={2BEA74E1-7CCA-11d3-BE14-00104B62A16C};{4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
SpeedType=Float
MovementZone=Water
ThreatPosed=20 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
Accelerates=true
Cloakable=yes
CloakingSpeed=1
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
ElitePrimary=TurbulenceAAE
Size=20

[TurbulenceAA]
Damage=100
ROF=30
Range=14
Speed=10
Projectile=TurbulenceInvisibleLow
Warhead=TurbulenceWH
Report=MagnetronAttack
IsSonic=yes
ApplyDamage=yes
Wave.Color=150,0,255

[TurbulenceAAE]
Damage=100
ROF=15
Range=16
Speed=10
Projectile=TurbulenceInvisibleLow
Warhead=TurbulenceWH
Report=MagnetronAttack
IsSonic=yes
ApplyDamage=yes
Wave.Color=150,0,255

[TurbulenceInvisibleLow]
Inviso=yes
Image=none
SubjectToCliffs=yes
SubjectToElevation=yes
SubjectToWalls=yes
AA=yes
AG=no
AN=no
AS=no

[TurbulenceWH]
Verses=10%,10%,10%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,100%,100%
InfDeath=1
ProneDamage=100%

Thank you in advance for your time. Smile

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  5.29 KB
 Downloaded:  9 Time(s)

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Verify that IsSonic is the cause.

Switch out IsSonic=yes with another wave tag (Wave.IsLaser=yes should be fine), and test.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did that, and let the game run for half an hour while ten Turbulence Magnetic Submarines took down Spy Planes, Paradrop Planes, Kirov Airships, and Dread Drones that passed by, without the game crashing:

Spoiler (click here to read it):

I do not know how to test it conclusively, but it seems to indicate that IsSonic=yes is the culprit?

EDIT: Yes; the elite weapon still had IsSonic=yes, and that caused the game to crash (I isolated the elite submarine, so it wasn't any of the others).

except.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  except.txt
 Filesize:  5.29 KB
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now diagnose that Range theory.

Have a sub attack targets at varying ranges starting from Max to Min, so we can confirm if it only crashes at certain ranges.

I do think this may have something to do with damage application at various ranges for IsSonic warheads.

As a walkaround, since your weapon is not using AmbientDamage, you could have a animation emulating a wave (I think Ra2: DeeZire's Dolphin used a wave animation).

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did that already, as you can see in the first post. Smile

The range doesn't seem to matter, as it didn't specifically / consistently crash when attacking at any range. At least, as far as helicopter units go - it might be different for plane units, but it will be very hard to test them on range. Do you think the locomotor would matter?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is related to drawing the sonic beam, but without a crash dump I can't say what. It could be that this is something like the disruptor crash in TS.

nlspeed
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I fired up another game, and now have what I presume is a crash dump. The except.txt, the extcrashdump.dmp, and to be sure, I have also included the syringe.log.

I keep getting the error 'no post mode specified', when I try to attach a file, so have a link instead: https://ufile.io/qyup3

Thank you for your help. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon