Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:58 am
All times are UTC + 0
Does anyone have any tips for socializing in real life?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject:  Does anyone have any tips for socializing in real life?
Subject description: I'm trying to improve my real life social skills...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to school again... (Classes start at June 10, 2017 GMT +8:00)

I'm a really shy person in real life, but I'm skilled in more ways than one...
(You can go part offtopic if you'd like Smile)

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ask questions and listen, learn about people. You will feel more relaxed around people and then the conversation will flow naturally. Protip, don't talk about yourself too much too.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anyone have any tips for socializing in real life? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:

Ain't got one, don't need none! Very Happy

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Try to) Remember what you talk about. Hang out after school. Drink some Boza and eat some Banitsa... oh wait... Very Happy

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read a book called How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. It'll be worth it.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Who needs friends", she said.

Who needs a life, I said Wink

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Top tip: say hello to people, pose oddball question that gets a response, make compliment...

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E wrote:
Top tip: say hello to people, pose oddball question that gets a response, make compliment...

Very Happy

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer to be snarky, helpful and energetic. Works quite well at my current workplace.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Know yourself. When you know yourself better, you'll know what kind of person you could relate to. I use MBTI and Ennegram test to discover my preferences.

"Hey I like this thing."
"Hey, me too!"

Bam, instant friends.

2. There will always be a person like you. It could be a guy, it could be a girl, it could be your teacher... Who knows? Stay open-minded.

3. A shy person huh...

G-E wrote:
Say hello to people, pose oddball question that gets a response, make compliment...

You could always try automated response like a robot. Practice first, until you get comfortable with expressing yourself.

Graion Dilach wrote:
I prefer to be snarky, helpful and energetic. Works quite well at my current workplace.

That's true. This attitute is very good in groupwork, and it's the attitute that principles wants for their students, especially in engineering schools where we are expected to be more people-focused than self-centered.

CCHyper wrote:
Protip, don't talk about yourself too much too.

I have a several friends like that, attention seekers. Needless to say, I don't want to meet anyone of them most of the time.

Note: I'm a Schizoid person, and I prefer to invest my time into doing the things I like rather than focusing on the people around me. Such as modding, watching videos and playing vidyas, to get my inner world well regulated. Smile

Last edited by IamInnocent on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 am; edited 5 times in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the tips! Very Happy

Railnaro
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, you can be as shy as possible, but once you just ztype up your fear, stand up and do that, what you was scared to do, and when you succeed, everything became much easier.

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First thing to do is you must have a strong will to change, what do I mean is a will to socializing with others.

Then introduce yourself, joining conversations that you understand (like same interest, or discussing hot news/study), then try to hangout with them or joining an organization/groups. Sure after you did those, you may developing on socializing.

Two things, never be disappointing and befriend with good guys.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for your tips too, now I have to get tips on how to be a good class president Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon