Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 am
All times are UTC + 0
My Sleeping Patterns keep changing!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject:  My Sleeping Patterns keep changing!
Subject description: I think I'm becoming Nocturnal, or I have Insomnia...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you all know, the Philippines is +8:00GMT, and right now, it's around 1:30am EARLY MORNING, any tips for stopping this sleeping pattern change? Pretty unusual, knowing that I'm only in my teens...

Hopefully it stops soon and resets back to my normal sleeping pattern.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would say I was regularly awake at that time in my teens, until responsibility became a thing. I heard changing your eating patterns is a good way of adjusting sleep schedule though.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, food that has lots of energy stored in it should be avoided at all costs then due to it's chance of shifting the Sleeping Pattern? So Sugary Food, and Caffienated Food should be avoided then.

Maybe I should take sleeping pills? Confused

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I mean eating at the right time. Get up at the desired time, eat breakfast, eat lunch & dinner at the right time then if you get hungry because you're awake still don't eat again, not even a snack. If you eat earlier in the day you'll wake up earlier because you're hungry and you'll get sleepy because you're tired. Not being on the computer or phone or something before going to sleep is good too so your brain isn't so switched on. Read a book or whatever.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nothing to worry
without a fixed daily schedule it's pretty easy to shift the entire awake/sleep rhythm for several hours.

Just set your alarm clock and get up early one day. Then you go to bed early the following night automatically again.

Also no reason to take sleeping pills.
You only have to worry if you're dead tired, go to bed and then can't get off to sleep. Then lie in your bed and stay awake all night. In this case you should consult a doctor.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've got 7 hours of sleep last night, (I slept at damn 3am)

So, I guess I'll try eating earlier. And I do read books everyday.

I do set alarms, but I tend to wake up 1 hour later after the actual time I want to wake up.

Maybe I should consult a doctor later this week. Thanks for your tips guys! Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

7 hours is the normally recommended amount of sleep for adults, however many people sleep less then that.

As LKO said you only need to see a doctor if you cant get any sleep & stay awake all night. Even then it could just be a one off event caused by stress, hormones or to much caffeine etc. So I'd only bother a doctor if you had several sleepless nights within a short period.

I should also warn you that most prescription sleeping pills are addictive if they are used for a long period, your body becomes reliant on them to fall asleep, so they are normally only used as a last resort.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Mig Eater i sleep for between 7-11 hours.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to take OTC sleeping pills and those are not habit forming. I quit using them recently and now I just use melatonin. Might just be the fact that my insomnia isn't acting up.

I'm well acquainted with sleep disorders. I have chronic insomnia AND severe sleep apnea. Sleep for me is like a fucking myth. If it persists, see a doctor. I did. While it's not better and I have a ton of fatigue still, I feel better than I did before I did nothing.

Steam

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I finally got over it now. The hunger thing didn't work well, because I am ALMOST NEVER hungry for some reason Confused

The Alarm still makes me wake up after 1 hour of the desired time, so I set it 1 hour earlier...

And, I haven't gone to a doctor yet, which in turn, wasn't really needed in the end...

But no matter how much I try, I still end up sleeping around 11pm to 12 midnight, but overall, I think the alarm thing worked the best...

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got a sleep disorders depends on my schedule and my health. The first step of curing that disorder is control your health and schedule, and the last is don't think too much. I did this and it worked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon