Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[Ares]Aircraft Carrier
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject:  [Ares]Aircraft Carrier Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

carr.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.67 KB
 Viewed:  9370 Time(s)

carr.png

carr.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  carr.shp
 Filesize:  175.28 KB
 Downloaded:  623 Time(s)

Last edited by cxtian39 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks nice 'n all, but why an SHP?

Also, bottom (game south) has a little thingy sticking out right under it.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
TAK03

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cause no incline on water?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While the 3d model itself is pretty good, the execution as SHP could be a lot better, utilizing the advantages of SHP.
-better lighting:
---there are no shadows cast on the ship itself
---there are no bright or shadowed sides and the texture always stays the same as if it's self-glowing

-animations: since ships don't need tilting frames and thus actually work better as SHP than VXL, you should use the many additional animation features of SHPs.
---add moving animation: <-see the water anim on my gunboat remake
add water waves around the ship as the moving animation
---add firing animation: hangar doors opening or aircraft lifts raising up or something like that
---add deathanim: since it can't sink like VXL ships, it should get a custom death animation. This can be a lot better done than the simple "VXL move through ground plane" sinking. You can let it break apart, explode in tiny debris and sink in several parts.

Currently it looks like a carelessly converted 3d model from another game, without any actual work spend into it.

TAK02 wrote:
It looks nice 'n all, but why an SHP?

for ships, who don't need tilting frames, SHPs are much better than VXL.
Higher detail, better lighting, better and more animations, much bigger sizes possible.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ra2 already has water anim by default. It would be weird AC's own water anim overlaps with the original one + it's different from other vxl ships (some are amphibious and do tilt on land)
Spawning doesn't trigger firing anim. NoSpawnAlt doesn't work either.
AC doesn't only need a launching anim but also need to open the door when hornets return.
I see dolphin has death anim but it's not used. Is there a DeathFrames or DyingFrames tag? Or just an unremappable+undirectional Explosions=?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I may can figure out how to make a cameo for this shp unit

BrowserTravel
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to use it as the TITAN like in Red Alert 3: Epic War mod (that strangely floating carrier)

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BrowserTravel wrote:
Good to use it as the TITAN like in Red Alert 3: Epic War mod (that strangely floating carrier)

It won't fit but, it's up to you.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I ever asked the same question before or not, this reminded me of it, is there a way to make SHP vehicles incline with ground slopes? If not, is there any possibility to modify and/or create your own movement locomotor to make one that support vehicles that incline with slopes?

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I see dolphin has death anim but it's not used. Is there a DeathFrames or DyingFrames tag? Or just an unremappable+undirectional Explosions=?

There is a DeathFrames= tag. Not sure if it actually works, I don't really remember anybody creating an SHP that makes use of it. Also, that unused animation for the dolphin looks like an aquarium trick, maybe meant for the cheer function? #Tongue

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not sure if I ever asked the same question before or not, this reminded me of it, is there a way to make SHP vehicles incline with ground slopes? If not, is there any possibility to modify and/or create your own movement locomotor to make one that support vehicles that incline with slopes?

I think in theory it could be hacked into the engine, but why bother?

Bare minimum of 2 extra frames (up/down tilt) for each facing for the body and turret, and for all animations (firing, movement, if possible, death)... It wouldn't be overwhelming for a skilled 3d-modeller, but would the appearance gain really be worth it?

Quote:
for ships, who don't need tilting frames, SHPs are much better than VXL.

I would contend that all appearance advantages are nullified by the inability of the end user to make easy modifications to them.

Let's say I want to change some aspect of this ship's appearance- I'd have to go through and edit each frame for consistency. Or maybe cxtian releases the source- then I need to have 3d-modelling experience, a proper workflow for converting model to SHP to make my edits. A massive barrier to entry. With a voxel, even a novice can make large-scale changes to the texture of the ship, add/subtract details and get results that can be previewed in game within minutes

As for this SHP, it looks like a voxel tidied up and rendered into an SHP. It doesn't really benefit from the advantages of SHPs at all. That isn't to say it's ugly, but I'd much rather have the voxel.

Last edited by EVA-251 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
Bare minimum of 2 extra frames (up/down tilt) for each facing for the body and turret, and for all animations (firing, movement, if possible, death)... It wouldn't be overwhelming for a skilled 3d-modeller, but would the appearance gain really be worth it?
It’s not only up/down tilt because unit can also go other directions on a up-tilting slope. You need all facings for each slope. And there are more than 20 types of slope with all kinds of crazy shapes.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EVA-251 wrote:
Quote:

There is a DeathFrames= tag. Not sure if it actually works, I don't really remember anybody creating an SHP that makes use of it. Also, that unused animation for the dolphin looks like an aquarium trick, maybe meant for the cheer function? #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles created a more fitting animation already, for the Dolphin even. https://ppmforums.com/topic-53138/ra2-dolphin-corpses/

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
silverwind
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All this talk of ships not needing to tilt in Ra2 is making me wonder if I'm the only one who sees ships roll to alternative sides under stress from the Ginormous Squid?

Virgil
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

silverwind wrote:
All this talk of ships not needing to tilt in Ra2 is making me wonder if I'm the only one who sees ships roll to alternative sides under stress from the Ginormous Squid?

Ships normally don't tilt. One can remove the grab weapon on Giant Squid and make them only attack with their head, anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!