Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Miggy's Workbench
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [215 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had the idea for a power core with multiple spinning layers for a long time, I decided to quickly throw together some geometry together to see how it might look. Its just a doodle/anim test but I might develop the idea some more.

core_test01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.57 KB
 Viewed:  8453 Time(s)

core_test01.gif

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue

I think yours has a too fine grid for the outer sphere, which makes it hard (almost impossible) to see the inner rotating details.

Since there is no outer mechanism holding the outer sphere, the outer sphere should rotate only around the z-axis (horizontally). It looks unrealistic with the current multiple axis rotation for the outer sphere.
The inner spheres/details could rotate in multiple axis then however.
The simplified outer rotation should also make it easier to see the inner rotation details.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had a great argument for this about magnetics and the only way for the inner to be floating the way it does is by the outer rotating an an opposite way; But the site keeps logging me out as I go to reply, now I'm having to resort to MS Internet Explorer.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another random doodle, wonder if anyone can guess what it is based on.

core_test02.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.34 KB
 Viewed:  7658 Time(s)

core_test02.gif

Last edited by Mig Eater on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thunderdome? #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL nope. Depending on who you ask it's either a zero point energy generator, an anti-gravity engine or a time machine #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm guessing the "Time Machine" Part is that being the Nazi UFO Bell thing?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a cotton candy machine

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Noodle's noodle figured out meh doodle...

Yeah it's the "Die Glocke", the mythical Nazi super weapon that has different uses & was built/acquired in different ways depending on whichever crackpot conspiracy you want to believe.

Anyway, I'm thinking of use it as the power plant for the "Occult Nazi" side in D-day.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After seeing at Jem's Aegis Cruiser, I was inspired to try making a more realistic version of the Aegis.

I'm gone over my photobucket hot linking limit so I have to give a link to the image instead (still cant access my FTP).

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, will you show it here once it's finished so I may gain some insight on how I can remake the Westwood one? Or will you send it publically for people who don't want to waste their time doing such a thing?

I'd want to see it to learn from it Wink, your voxels are too accurate that it makes me wonder if you used 3ds2vxl Surprised

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=558916 is the new link now... I was editing it again and somehow it changed i guess. Otherwise its nice i can inspire new work again as well.  Laughing

Also that dick move of Photobucket recently.  Mad

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
After seeing at Jem's Aegis Cruiser, I was inspired to try making a more realistic version of the Aegis.

I'm gone over my photobucket hot linking limit so I have to give a link to the image instead (still cant access my FTP).

I can't see that image either, sadly Sad

Try imgur.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Photobucket's a pain in the Arse, why not upload it here in PPM instead of hotlinking it?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Due to technical problems I cant access my FTP or upload anything to the forum. I'm using Photobucket temperately until the problems are fixed.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can't see Photobucket either. Or at least me.

I think NucleiSplitter meant upload it in this thread, not the FTP.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I said I cant upload anything to the forum (i.e. this thread). I can currently only access the forum via a web proxy & the one I'm using wont let me upload anything.

xanax
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I've had the idea for a power core with multiple spinning layers for a long time, I decided to quickly throw together some geometry together to see how it might look. Its just a doodle/anim test but I might develop the idea some more.

It makes me think of the "portals" from Event Horizon and Contact movies.

Good work. I just think exactly like Lin Kuei Ominae :
Quote:
I think yours has a too fine grid for the outer sphere, which makes it hard (almost impossible) to see the inner rotating details.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've started using a VPN to access to the forum so I can upload to the forum now, so here is a pic of the Aegis.

aegis.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.01 KB
 Viewed:  7664 Time(s)

aegis.png

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That I like much more than the RA2 variant.  Approved

Very cute in some way, too.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't done any modding for a few months now, to get back into it I thought I'd make some random fun units for D-day #Tongue First of which is this very unique American tank design from 1955, can anyone guess what it does?

aerie_3d.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB
 Viewed:  7318 Time(s)

aerie_3d.gif

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cotton Candy Machine Tank?  Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Cotton Candy Machine Tank?  Laughing

Best answer. Not even the real purpose can beat that.
The sweetest sugar coated death on tracks.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL, I could make it spawn pink "cotton candy" gas clouds that give a buff to your units #Tongue

Its name is Aerie BTW, I'd advise against doing a google image search to try & to find it tho XD

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're no fun, I was hoping for more food related guesses #Tongue

Well as you can read in Crim's link it's a tank that carries a mini scout helicopter instead of a turret. In D-day it works like a land based aircraft carrier.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I'll admit my first thought was a giant dough mixer #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is an ingame pic...

aerie_falcon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.08 KB
 Viewed:  7261 Time(s)

aerie_falcon.png

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks Nice

Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is that a blender which can abduct unit and turn them into money just like yuri grinder Laughing

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

This is very good. Can I use this in my mod?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can convert the gif image to a shp if you want to. As I said, it was just a "doodle" so I don't plan on finishing it.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been giving D-day's M48 Patton tank some love with a fresh coat of paint. I originally made this unit ten years ago, so I thought this would be a good example of how my style has changes & improved over the years.

Before

After

Changes:

• Flipped left-right around (Will's editor has them the wrong way around & I often forgot to flip the vxl to the correct way after I've finished it).
  • Added shading & highlights to the panel line edges.
  • Recoloured several parts to alternative shades of green to add some variation.
  • Changed the track texture from 2 pixels to 3 wide with added detail.
  • Removed the searchlight above the turret which wasn't added until later versions of the M48.
  • Changed the storage rack on the back of the turret, again the one used was from later versions of the M48.
  • The headlamps were changed from later to early type too.  
  • Also removed the 50 cal gun from the commander hatch, mainly for aesthetic reasons.
  • Changed the normals from TS to RA2 type, which greatly improved the lighting on the rounded turret.

There are a lot of other vxls still in D-day from back then that could do with a remake to newer standards but it's a lot of work to do them all. I specifically redid the M48 tho because there are several variants of the M48 that I have wanted to make for sometime but have been putting them off because the M48 vxl was so old & outdated. Now it has been fixed up tho I plan to make the M48A2 Patton upgrade, M67 Zippo flame tank & M247 Sergeant York anti-air in the near future.

Last edited by Mig Eater on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could always ask if someone here is willing to help out. I know I would.

After I know how to make good VXls from scratch #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I made the upgraded M48A2 version & the M67 Zippo flame tank, while I did that tho I noticed even more inaccuracies & missing details so I went back to the base M48 & redid it again...

v3.0

• The divers hatch was lowered & moved forward.
  • The entire rear section & engine deck was redone.
  • Detailing on the fenders was changed to mach the early M48.
  • Storage boxes & tools on the fenders was redone.
  • Wheels & suspension were recolured.
  • Track tension wheel added.
  • Commanders cupola was redone & the 50cal machine gun added (I changed my mind #Tongue ).
  • Radio aerial moved.
  • Lots of other small bits...

I think I've fixed everything now, just need to redo the M48A2 & M67 too now XD.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are my plans for D-day's new build tree (which includes several new buildings) & unit tech levels. Of course this isn't set & is subject to change. Also "Side Specials" are different for each side & will grant different abilities/powers.

I didn't really plan to make this BTW, it started as just some simple notes but the artist in me dragged it into photoshop XD If there is some interest I'll make some more diagrams like this in the future.

buildtree.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Viewed:  6787 Time(s)

buildtree.png

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, looks professional. Love what looks like folds to divide the tech levels.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is the queue sequential? Tree could use more branches keeping the tech
levels as they are. That will enable more variation for the players.

Currently, radar and research center seems delayed a bit. If factory is
destroyed, for anything higher it becomes necessary to build the factory
first. The player may not want armory in early stages. 10 buildings needed
to get superweapon, doesn't it seem too long?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a revised version with some changes & hopefully more clarification.

• After building the Barracks you unlock the Armoury >
  • Building the Armoury unlocks the Factory, 1st Special & Radar >
  • Building the Radar unlocks the Airfield, Shipyard & Repair Pad >
  • Building either the Airfield or Shipyard then unlocks the 2nd-3rd Special & Research Center >
  • Then lastly the Research Center unlocks the Superweapons.

BTW Italy & China have there own unique build trees. The Italian one being smaller & featuring mobile factories. The Chinese tree goes the other way & is larger with multiple build paths. I'm also thinking about making Sweden's build tree use upgrades, so instead of an Armoury you add an upgrade to your Barracks etc.

The Side Specials may also be placed differently depending on the side you play as, for example the Japanese 3rd Special is a Naval Academy which requires a Shipyard. Another example is the Czech's 1st Special which is a Workshop that is built after the Factory instead of the Armoury.  

I'd like to also point out that the Armoury is also called Quartermaster for some sides. The same for the Radar which is also called a Field Headquarters for the sides that didn't have there own unique radar systems during the war.

buildtree2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.36 MB
 Viewed:  6702 Time(s)

buildtree2.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Here is a revised version with some changes & hopefully more clarification.

• After building the Barracks you unlock the Armoury >
  • Building the Armoury unlocks the Factory, 1st Special & Radar >
  • Building the Radar unlocks the Airfield, Shipyard & Repair Pad >
  • Building either the Airfield or Shipyard then unlocks the 2nd-3rd Special & Research Center >
  • Then lastly the Research Center unlocks the Superweapons.

I thought the previous version was actually more clear on some parts, for example now it seems as if building a Power Plant unlocks both the Barracks and the Armoury. It's also not clear to me from the schematic that the Research Center and the 2nd/3rd Special require an Airfield/Shipyard.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the feedback Smile Along with trying to make it clearer (by tangling it up!) I made the main build path darker & changed the defenses to dashed lines.

Random thought: After mentioning the Radar/FieldHQ alternative naming, I remembered that the original (decade old) plan was to have the Radar & FieldHQ be separate buildings. The FieldHQ would give you a minimap & the Radar was a late game psychic sensor. Currently the Radar/FieldHQ just gives you a minimap with the psychic sensor logic being unused. Going back to the original plan could be interesting...

buildtree3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Viewed:  6658 Time(s)

buildtree3.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if you have infantry using spy logic, i would rather suggest using this as some kind of prerequisite for psychic sensor kind of data.
So you first have to infiltrate an enemy radar/hq, before you get such detailed information about enemy troop movement.

If possible make this even a timed special, so after about 2-5 minutes the spy is located, eliminated and the psychic sensor data stopped. Thus making it necessary to send another spy if you want these highly useful and advanced troop movement information.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's not possible, in RA2 when a spy infiltrates a radar it makes the enemy's shroud regrow.

BTW If you dont know a psychic sensor will show any enemy movements in a radios around the building. It does this by drawing a line between the enemy unit & it's intended path/target.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no Ares logic which deploys a building when a superweapon is charged or some prerequisite is fulfilled?
spy enters building
-> gives free dummy superweapon (like sonar when spying naval yard)
-> free superweapon has 0 min charge delay and instantly fires (like hunterseeker)
-> this deploys into an invisible dummy building providing psychic sensor effect
-> building selfdestructs after 5min using an art.ini anim

something like that
there is surely some kind of a workaround

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I double checked & yes Ares recently added new spy logic that could make that possible.

While expanding on the spy's ability to gather intelligence would be great. Requiring spy infiltration to activate a function that you should already have with your standard radar seams a bit redundant :/

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But didn't you want to make 2 buildings in the first place?
Radar (psychic sensor) & HQ

Even though i would switch the logic, since the headquarters gathers intel and thus is the one that knows about enemy troop movements.
The radar is just a facility observing a wide area around it. It does know where an enemy is, but beside a raw direction can't really tell where exactly the enemy is going and what's he attacking.

So by spying the enemy HQ (not the radar for enemy shroud reveal), you would get the intel report about the enemy plans, thus get the more detailed information about troop movements (aka psychic sensor data)

So instead of having 2 buildings, one radar and one psychic sensor, i would suggest making the psychic sensor an espionage specialty.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spy-granted SW's cannot auto-fire nor can their icon be hidden from sidebar. Some SW's don't even work at all, like SpyPlane. Even if Hunter Seeker did work (which I am not sure it does), it cannot deliver BuildingTypes and since auto-fire is unavailable, getting a psychic sensor building to appear on the map would be bit clunky since it would have to be done with manually fired UnitDelivery SW.

Besides, one-off infiltration superweapons come pre-charged and there is no cooldown in acquiring it again from infiltration, causing potential balancing concerns.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info Starkku.

While I can see the logic in having to steal troop deployment plans from an enemy HQ. I'm still not convinced that micromanaging a spy is better then just using the big radar dish the player already has.

As Starkku pointed out tho it cant be smoothly implemented making the idea kinda moot anyway.

Edit: I've made some more changes to the build tree, I'm going on holiday for a week tomorrow tho & will be cut off from the rest of civilization so that will have to wait. I have some new buildings I've been working on too that I'll post when I'm back.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm back from my holiday feeling refreshed & in the mood to make some public assets! I've seen several people mention that there aren't enough naval units available. So I'm gona start with a new aircraft carrier based on the one designed by Harry Wilson for RA2:Zero. If the Carrier goes well I might make the other ships too.

For those that dont know, RA2:Zero was a mod for Generals which only got as far as concept art.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ships, not necessary to tilt, and vxl limited to max 255xyz size, wouldn't it be better to create the non-turreted ships as SHP?
Especially a huge aircraft carrier could be this way as big as you want, since only turreted SHPs are restricted in size like VXL.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 4 of 5 [215 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon