Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Miggy's Workbench
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [215 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While a huge & super detailed shp would be superior to a vxl from a artists stand point, I dont think it wouldn't be very practical & appealing for the average modder IMO.

Anyway, wip pic of the major structural parts.

carrz_3d_01.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  742.95 KB
 Viewed:  3112 Time(s)

carrz_3d_01.gif

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP Ship can't be shook by giant squid #Tongue
Nice AC

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
ships, not necessary to tilt.

Not strictly true. Ships in RA2/YR, depending on few factors, display a 'sinking animation' when destroyed on water where they tilt and appear to sink into water. That and the aforementioned Giant Squid grab attack which shakes the targeted ship.

You can ignore both of those and even disable the ship sinking logic (it does screw up on really large voxels due to the drawing area constraints anyway) in favour of just exploding like ground vehicles if you so choose but for sake of consistency I imagine it'd be better to have them all as voxels.

Good job on the ACC so far from the WIP, I think there probably is some demand for a higher quality, more RA2-styled (as opposed to realistic) ACC art.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice ship you have there

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remind me to dig up stuff from my old mod. I said I'd put them up for DL a looooong time ago... ^_^lll

Lookin' good so far, though the back end might be a little too short. Thats just me tho. Here's mine for comparison:

Apologies if I was borderline threadjacking.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good Mig, though I kinda think it needs a "hole" of some sort, considering the way units are spawned etc. I think trying to look too much like an actual aircraft carrier doesn't really feel right when the ingame logic doesn't work that way at all.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Freedom: Nice, good to see someone else used the RA2:Zero design. BTW is that my F-32 plane?

@Bolt: I plan to also make a (loaded) version with drones on the deck, so they wont be appearing out of nowhere.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
John_McCarthy1
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey MiG Eater, if you don't mind me asking, are you still working on D Day? and if you are will each nation get a DD, CL, CA, BC (in the case of Hood), BB & CV? or will balance dictate which nations get which type of ships? sorry if this isn't the place to ask or if it's bothersome.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I'm still working on D-day, due to technical problems I currently cant work on the D-day wiki or post any news on the website tho.

Most nations in D-day will get Landing Craft, Destroyers & Cruisers/Battleships. Submarines & Aircraft Carriers will also be available to some nations but not all.

John_McCarthy1
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, cool. thanks for answering my question

John_McCarthy1
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will America get the Montana and Des Moines class cruiser?
Will Germany get the Deutschland class cruiser?

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
@Bolt: I plan to also make a (loaded) version with drones on the deck, so they wont be appearing out of nowhere.

I actually did this in an earlier version of Scorched Earth, the graphic effect of seeing loaded is still not really ideal since the reload+regen rate of planes can't really be so fast and then have a long delay for ROF...  

In the end the visual difference was too little difference to care about multiple jets on deck, however if you say only have 1-2 on deck and another in a loading area that might make more sense?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bumping this partly for science (did you get any further with the carrier design?)  and also the previous pages are giving me some mod inspiration.

Last edited by Allied General on Mon May 17, 2021 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know I'd completely forgotten about that carrier Embarassed If there is some interest I could try finishing it..?

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
You know I'd completely forgotten about that carrier Embarassed If there is some interest I could try finishing it..?

Seems there was some positive feedback, at the time for it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 5 of 5 [215 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon