Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Russian BTR-90 Boomerang A.P.C
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:  Russian BTR-90 Boomerang A.P.C
Subject description: Modern combat
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A counterpart of Allied I.F.V

Turretoffset=30

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  213.98 KB
 Viewed:  7808 Time(s)

Untitled.png

boomerang_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.51 MB
 Viewed:  7808 Time(s)

boomerang_000.gif

apc.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  apc.7z
 Filesize:  21.26 KB
 Downloaded:  806 Time(s)

Last edited by Creator on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh, nice! Didn't see much Soviet APCs and IFVs lately.

But to be frank, this is essentially a Stryker IFV on Soviet colors.

A lover of large tank battles. Nothing satisfies me better than many tanks brawlin'.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Soviets/Russians have been using wheeled IFVs long before the Stryker was even thought of, so your analogy should be reversed.

Nice vxl, the turret blends into the body a bit tho, I'd recommend making it a few shades darker around the base to give it a more defined edge.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
The Soviets/Russians have been using wheeled IFVs long before the Stryker was even thought of, so your analogy should be reversed.

lol, I only said that it looks like the Stryker because it looks like a Stryker, at least how the chassis looks.

Pardon me for not being aware about things then. Sad

A lover of large tank battles. Nothing satisfies me better than many tanks brawlin'.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it looks like a Stryker but it also looks like a dozen other wheeled IFVs too. Your use of "frank" & "essentially" in your original statement implied that you believe the Stryker is the only wheeled IFV & that the K-17 Boomerang is a mere copy. I'm sorry for being such a dick over this but that type of ignorant generalization really gets on my nerves.

Anyway for those interested pics of the real K-17 Boomerang:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Creator
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many IFV use the same chassis so it easily to get mistaken

Prodigal Providence
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Yes it looks like a Stryker but it also looks like a dozen other wheeled IFVs too. Your use of "frank" & "essentially" in your original statement implied that you believe the Stryker is the only wheeled IFV & that the K-17 Boomerang is a mere copy. I'm sorry for being such a dick over this but that type of ignorant generalization really gets on my nerves.

Well, I'm sorry as well for being this ignorant; it's what you get from one whole damn week of exams and four sleepless nights.

Quote:
that the K-17 Boomerang is a mere copy

Wait, wait. I never said any comparison to the K-17 and the Stryker in my first statement. Hell, I don't even know the K-17 at all until you showed us pics of it!

Setting that aside; is this Boomerang vehicle in service with Russian forces now? Are the BTRs getting retired soon?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes the K-17 is in service now & will slowly be replacing the BTRs.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, what can you say, the world is a boring place like that.

Modern 8-wheel IFV designs all look very similar.

Kinda like how the Armata looks much more "western" than previous Soviet designs.

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boy that tank has some serious tech in it though. It looks unassuming on the outside, but just the advancements in countermeasures alone make it a really scary tank. Dual-ERA and an APS that can defeat both KE Penetrators and Tandem Charges, not to mention the Cannon and unmanned/automated turret.

I hope the rest of the world catches up quick...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's advanced, but somewhat oversold, which is per usual for new military hardware. I'd be extremely skeptical of the value of modern APS against a properly equipped and trained opponent.

We'll see about the rest of the world. A new Abrams model is in development and the Germans are working on a new 130mm cannon that will offer a huge boost in performance over the current 120 of the Leopard.

Regardless, the modern battlefield is full of perils for tanks beyond other tanks. And many of those the Armata is no better off than any T-series that preceded it, or Western tank for that matter.

KALAPS S8
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTR-90 is not K-17 .
BTR-90 is APC , K-17 is IFV . These are different vehicle/Different classes .

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!