Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
We's till have the A-bomb without Einstein!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject:  We's till have the A-bomb without Einstein! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because some people want to take all the fun out of Games because they want to nuke Japan personally.

But please, keep on being butthurt over a game that was a nice romp to play.

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hahaha, you're making far too many assumptions for a perogative that doesn't exist:P

I take it you're the resident clown these days?

Last edited by Mortecha on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep thats exactly why RA3 didn't include nukes though. Nuking a Country that experienced the devastating effects of such weapons is way too controversial.

Remember Red Alert 2 had to redo the Cover Art because of 9/11 too and thats still a problem to this day where you can't use 2 Tall Buildings getting destroyed together.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's actually a really good point. I didn't think of the controversial aspects about nuking Japan. If they had issues with it then they could have avoided it completely by changing the story.

But then I'd still have nukes in a game where you fight a Japanese themed side, and sometimes being controversial is a good thing.

As we all know EA makes great games on a technical level but poor games when it comes to the storylineXD Had they chose not to choose the storyline they did, who knows what direction they would have taken. You would still have nukes, still have a Japanese side as that's a good logical direction, and perhaps a Russian side that's less camp lol.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA gets themselves into enough controversy by making "a dinner date with a boothbabe" a raffle prize in an attempt to advertise their games, or by making incredibly inferior spin offs of franchises and charging full price, etc etc... The last thing I want EA to do is attempt to restage the nuclear bombing of Japan, because they wouldn't be able to handle it in any meaningful or respectful way.

They should stick to making gameplay games, which they sometimes get right. RA3 was great fun, had great mechanics that should appear in any future C&C or similar styled RTS but really crappy story obviously.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I couldn't agree more! Just look at the Battlefield franchise, an absolute slice of gameplay-focused multiplayer genius.

We're on the same page. From a technical and game-mechanics standpoint RA3 was excellent, but had a crappy narrative.

Zengar_Zombolt
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It was the Goofy counterpart to the CnC3 set and Gens. If your looking for technical detail in a game were George Takei says "All your base" you seem to be missing the point.

Comedy my friend, and I'm not even New or the clown here!

There is Nothing I can not Cut!

Serrash

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm. if erasing Einstein was the goal... what happend to the "return of hitler" plot go?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it was a clever way for EA to bypass the controversy.
Probably one of the most thoughtful things they've ever done with a C&C storyline

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I thought it was a clever way for EA to bypass the controversy.
Probably one of the most thoughtful things they've ever done with a C&C storyline

FTFY.

It was a completely forgetful storyline for me, but the gameplay was decent enough. At least it wasn't a complete loss like C&C4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon