Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:00 am
All times are UTC + 0
Cyborg Commando's CYC2 header
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject:  Cyborg Commando's CYC2 header Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure whether this really belongs into off-topic discussion, but it is certainly more of a "meta-modding" topic than a discussion about modding itself.

Anyone who has dug in the rules.ini of Tiberian Sun will have seen that the Cyborg Commando's section header is [CYC2]. Since no "CYCO" or "CYC1" is to be found in TS, I have wondered how the numeral might have ended up there. I like to think that this is a reference to the original "cyborg commando", Volkov, who would have been the "CYCO", though I don't know what ID Volkov used in the code of Red Alert, if he even had any separate section at all.

It's of course also plausible that the Cyborg Commando going by the CYC2 header was the second version of a different unit present in a pre-release version of Tiberian Sun, perhaps that one carrying the anecdotal secondary flamethrower.

Does anyone have any information (or speculation) on this?

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would rather have speculated that C1, i.e. "the first commando" refers to the Commando in TD. The Cyborg Commando was the only other unit in all C&C games up to that point to use the title "Commando", so he would naturally be "the second commando". The CY- prefix followed in order to distinguish it from the original, human commando and to make a connection with the regular Cyborgs.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My guess, [CYBORG] = 1st, [CYC2] = 2nd in the Cyborg=yes category.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I would rather have speculated that C1, i.e. "the first commando" refers to the Commando in TD.

C1 was actually the ID of the first civilian.
RMBO was the commando.

Since C2 was the pistol armed civilian (and technician) in TD, maybe it means the Cyborg Commando was created from this funny little guy. Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I remember, I didn't exactly refer to the original ID, just that the letter "C" could refer to "Commando".

That would be hilarious though - the most useless unit upgraded into one of the most powerful ones Laughing

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Before he got converted into a cyborg.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon