Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ra2 and YR runs slower and slower as time goes by
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject:  Ra2 and YR runs slower and slower as time goes by
Subject description: Win10 System
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm playing origin's edition on my win10 machine and patch it with ts-yr proxy. But the game becomes slower and slower about half hour after and sometimes I have to restart the game because it lags so much. Anyone encounter this or know how to solve it?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR becoming slower, or is it the original RA2?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is normally caused by the AI getting stuck with a script or pathfinding, over time these problems accumulate & eat up memory making the game lag.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both YR and Ra2 lags. The newly released ddraw seems to solve it.

Origin packs the whole CNC series for sell but provides no compatibility fix for old games Confused

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Origin packs the whole CNC series for sell but provides no compatibility fix for old games Confused

You do realize EA never cares for its customers, much less a beautiful franchise to the point they kill it in the worst way possible, if The-Game-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named is anything to go by, right?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
You do realize EA never cares for its customers
They do care for your money in your pocket Wink

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least you can get YR to run on win10...

I just bought a new laptop and I can not get it to run.  Laughing

I will have to try again at some point...

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ wrote:
At least you can get YR to run on win10...

I just bought a new laptop and I can not get it to run.  Laughing

I will have to try again at some point...

I got a new laptop too, and can only play via launcher. Which wouldn't be bad thing if it didn't have support for the campaign button.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Patch this to see if it works
works for  me at least

ts-yr_proxy_newest.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ts-yr_proxy_newest.zip
 Filesize:  489.56 KB
 Downloaded:  235 Time(s)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!111

EDIT: Works for both RA2 and YR, but I used XWIS' free/MP-only version, which, curiously, can get CnCNet to run and work as intended.
Thought you ought to know.

And cxtian39? I'm putting you in the 'special thanks' section of C&C S.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't thank me this is not done by me. You don't even need to include this in your mod. It's players' responsibility to make Ra2/YR runable on their god damn machines. If they can't, how could they expect a mod to fix it #Tongue

SteamsDev
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:
Works for both RA2 and YR, but I used XWIS' free/MP-only version, which, curiously, can get CnCNet to run and work as intended.
Thought you ought to know.S.

You're absolutely right. The XWIS version is even able to support Ares as long as you have the right components (Hint: Compatibility Edition).

I've had to download the XWIS version myself, both for Win7 and above and for Ubuntu, because RA2 discs generally won't boot the setup application. XWIS works just fine on both as well, and both will support CnCNet as long as .NET Framework 4.0 and above is installed.

Screenshot from 2017-12-22 19-14-17.png
 Description:
For example, XWIS Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K, the mod that I work with.
 Filesize:  977.3 KB
 Viewed:  15961 Time(s)

Screenshot from 2017-12-22 19-14-17.png

Official scripting leader of BR Studios
Check out our ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/company/progen-group
Yuri's Revenge: CnCD2K: http://www.moddb.com/mods/red-alert-2-yuris-revenge-cncd2k-mod

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
Don't thank me this is not done by me. You don't even need to include this in your mod. It's players' responsibility to make Ra2/YR runable on their god damn machines. If they can't, how could they expect a mod to fix it #Tongue

I'm sorry, but you made sure C&C S can be finally worked on on a Lose10 PC I'll be using for the next few years.

And you saved me the head-ache of finding a solution.

@SteamsDev:
What do you mean with Compatibility Edition?

Also, my quote in your post here has an S too many at the end #Tongue

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the dbl-post, but this is important:

CnCNet, once run once, will KILL this little patch.
Someone call Rampa and get the client NOT to delete DLLs & INIs without at least notifying the user.

You have no idea how crushed I was until I realized the client's problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon