Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Damfoos' Armory
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject:  Damfoos' Armory
Subject description: trying to make some stuff too
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I thought it might be a good idea to showcase some of my stuff here to get criticism or appreciation. I'm currently making assets for one mod which mostly uses public assets, so there's a chance I'll put mine for download as well. I'm not that talented to make everything from scratch, but I can tweak already existing models and I think they turn out not so bad  Wink

Anyway, here's the first one. Originally a drone carrier from MadHQ site, now it is a... drone carrier. I'm still not satisfied with it, need to add some sort of anthennas since apparently the dish I used for refference is a radar location system receiving anthenna, not a transmitting antenna a control vehicle would use..

EDIT: Alright, you can now get it in /voxels

tdtnk.png
 Description:
The dish spins all the time
 Filesize:  218.92 KB
 Viewed:  8851 Time(s)

tdtnk.png

tdtnk_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.67 MB
 Viewed:  8851 Time(s)

tdtnk_001.gif

Last edited by Damfoos on Tue May 29, 2018 7:57 am; edited 3 times in total

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this was 3ds2vxl, you should scale it down much, MUCH more, it's huuugge!!! Shocked

Last edited by NucleiSplitter on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I loved this and I still love this, dammit.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh looks good do you think to share ?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHOCKED: Because it's my 1st time seeing 'Damfoos' creating graphics such as WW voxel files. my avatar image was actually made by me using blender  Rolling Eyes

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is cute.  Razz

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
If this was 3ds2vxl, you should scale it down much, MUCH more, it's huuugge!!! Shocked

Well, it is supposed to be big, it is a land-basedcarrier.

BySc wrote:

I don't know, if the guys I've made it for don't mind sharing it, I will definitely do.

MadHQ wrote:
That is cute.  Razz

Hey, you have some nice ideas on your site, there's more stuff to work with in my list

OK, so I don't only edit voxels, but also learn to make cameos and structures. Here's a cameo for Azri Apocalypse tank, you can use it in your mod if you like

apoc2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.49 KB
 Viewed:  8731 Time(s)

apoc2.png

apoc.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.39 KB
 Viewed:  8731 Time(s)

apoc.png

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lots of stuffs here are not bad, but promising. Keep up the good work!

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad? That thing has tons of detail on it. Door on the back, danger stripes,
special light above the cabin, the rotating dish and a nice red star on the sides. ^.^

It could be converted into an MCV, without the dish and the observation device.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos' design was pretty excellent, i want to see if he (if i did not mistaken) would create a voxel for recoil 1998 game series, the game was full of tanks like electric executioner.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:

BySc wrote:

I don't know, if the guys I've made it for don't mind sharing it, I will definitely do.

Umm... You're the artist. YOU decide if want the assets you made for a specific mod be public or private and whether or not they are to be used for public mods (they're for everyone) or private (mods by a friend for other friends).
AFAIK, mod devs don't have the right to boss you around when it comes to assets you made. But I could be wrong (but that'd mean this world is more insane than some PPM-members are!).

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TAK02 wrote:

AFAIK, mod devs don't have the right to boss you around when it comes to assets you made. But I could be wrong

Strictly speaking not, but if you agree on making an asset for a specific mod and then change your mind and release it to the public without even asking, it's a pretty scumbaggy thing to do.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Asking or telling?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Telling. To you.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or... I could be a jerk and say no...

Not that anyone would listen or care...  Laughing

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your things are already public. What's left of 'em, that is.

Mechacaseal
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i guess you guyz dont know about all the mods i made with shit i ripped from this site lawl.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm... That's... illegal or something along those lines. Ask Banshee for details.

Legiotitanica
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work! I love it, would be a nice addition to my mod

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, here's another one I've made for the same project roughly the same time. Based on the model found in this pack - I've textured it, remade the engines and added missiles. Unfortunately the model was so big, I had to downscale it with HVA, and in result some details look pixelated in game. Not sure if I want to redo it in proper scale, it is not supposed to be buildable anyway.

beag_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.24 MB
 Viewed:  8237 Time(s)

beag_001.gif

thund.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.04 KB
 Viewed:  8237 Time(s)

thund.png

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Overkilling Details man! Why not just downsize it in 3ds2vxl? (If it is a 3d model)

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe because I don't have a source model and just edited an already existing voxel?

BySc
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah another good voxel.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Soviet War Miner, recolored, redetailed and rescaled from some public model which I don't know who've made. Not even nearly as good az MO War Miner, but it is still something I guess.

harv.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  175.68 KB
 Viewed:  8097 Time(s)

harv.png

harv_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.24 MB
 Viewed:  8097 Time(s)

harv_001.gif

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Melle-m666. We have discussed this some weeks ago I think already. #Tongue

=======================

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This miner bears resemblance to MadHQ's Yuri Miner included with his refinery.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found this one too Very Happy
m7 wrote:

warlock
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking forward for your voxels! I especially like the harvester! I hope, in some point you release it! Until then keep the good work! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail YouTube User URL Skype Account AIM Address
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey look at that old thing! Nice edits good sir. I'm not much of a voxel artist, or a modder nowadays for what it's worth. I still do lurk though and watch the community continue to move forward despite all I expected a few years ago.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump, I guess. Back when MO 3.0 used this KAMAZ truck I wasn't quite satisfied with its appearance (apparently it wasn't even a RA2 voxel at all, no surprise it didn't fit visually) so I edited it to look more KAMAZ-ish. Now MO 3.3. uses a completely different model for KAMAZ, so if someone would be interested in using this voxel I'll upload it.

kamaz.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.25 KB
 Viewed:  7053 Time(s)

kamaz.png

kamaz_001.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Viewed:  7053 Time(s)

kamaz_001.gif

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you accept requests? i wanted to request for voxel that looks like a big dropship/gunship-ish, as big as the kirov airship.

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not that skilled to make something on request really. So far I only make something really simple or edit the already existing models into better shape.

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damfoos wrote:
I'm not that skilled to make something on request really. So far I only make something really simple or edit the already existing models into better shape.

A pretty talented voxel remaker you are. I like your work, keep up the good work at giving old voxels a new life! Smile

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The project I'm helping with has attack bikes for Yuri, and for the lack of a better voxel (or lack of luck in searching for one) it have been using MadHQ attack cycle for a while. The time has come for an upgrade! Introducing the Locust: a small, fast, cheap attack bike also equipped with sensor devices.

trike_000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.41 MB
 Viewed:  5639 Time(s)

trike_000.gif

locust.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.32 KB
 Viewed:  5639 Time(s)

locust.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks adorable. Does it fire cute kitties? #Tongue

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, but the engine purrs just right Wink

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How can this kawaii bike balance itself?

Black Temple Gaurdian
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because it's got THICC ... tires.

Kerbiter
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hehe, nice voxels you got here, keep posting Smile

Using MagicaVoxel to create voxel models :: Phobos YR Engine Extension

[img]https://raster.shields.io/endpoint.svg?url=https%3A%2F%2Fshieldsio-patreon.vercel.app%2Fapi%3Fusername%3Dkerbiter%26type%3Dpledges&style=flat[/img]

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon