Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Anti-Surface's WorkCanvas
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject:  Anti-Surface's WorkCanvas
Subject description: I'm just a beginner!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello friends  Smile, ah ... yeah, .. here I am now on my shp work canvas, and I'm here working on some devices in some mod that I'm currently working on for one for my own mod and one for another mod.

I am still an amateur or a beginner and not very experienced in this field (shp), therefore I am posting here, I hope you can give your participation to give responses that may be compliments, suggestions, and constructive and useful criticisms.

And once again I beg for your cooperation, and thank you.

And as my first post : around the beginning of December I just received an order to recreate a classic building that would be familiar to CnC lovers. who was inspired by God to Uncle SAM to Kane and named it "S.A.M. Site".

Basam_Tur_3.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  288.03 KB
 Viewed:  4962 Time(s)

Basam_Tur_3.gif

Basam_Tur_2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  243.84 KB

Basam_Tur_2.gif

Basam_Tur_1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  270.09 KB

Basam_Tur_1.gif

Basam_Mk.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.55 KB

Basam_Mk.gif

Last edited by Anti-Surface on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually is a nice work, hmm... big renders always looks worse than tiny size (for the game).

-I see damaged models, looks some bad, looks too dark and very strange, I prefer just use a dirty texture and bump...

-For the remap zones, I prefer use small objetcs but in multiple objects...

-for the texture, always use some dirty texture, looks more realistic, but just a bit of dirty or damaged.

-is nice see animations... looks fine.

-Make very simple models, and use good textures and use some diferent designs..

Cheers, I see a good future in the 3d stuff here...

ah! you're using 3Ds Max or Blender?

-your friend...

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
-I see damaged models, looks some bad, looks too dark and very strange, I prefer just use a dirty texture and bump...
-For the remap zones, I prefer use small objetcs but in multiple objects...
-for the texture, always use some dirty texture, looks more realistic, but just a bit of dirty or damaged.

Thank you HG_SCIPCION, you have opened my eyes, so that I can see my mistakes clearly now.

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
Make very simple models, and use good textures and use some diferent designs..

You're right, i have to be more creativly Smile.

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
ah! you're using 3Ds Max or Blender?

yes, I always using Blender..

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you need proper light settings to make it fit ra2 style.

here are some coordinates I use for shp rendering.

camera:-137.067, 0, 79.136
shadow casting light: -205.645, 499.999, 719.176
filling light:-220.468, 143.037,335.995
filling light2:-305.885, -304.538, 304.896

You can change all parameters, but make sure when you render a box it should have this look

box.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.77 KB
 Viewed:  4831 Time(s)

box.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for coordinates, but what are the settings for each light source? As in, intencity and shadow parameters.

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:

camera:-137.067, 0, 79.136
shadow casting light: -205.645, 499.999, 719.176
filling light:-220.468, 143.037,335.995
filling light2:-305.885, -304.538, 304.896

Thank you for the coordinates M.Kenosis Smile

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A weeks ago i have an idea to remake the Nod's Harvester from TW, but i don't know full body version of it, i don't know if is it good or no, but i have been planned to make it with slaveminer logic...(invisible slave).

Harv-Deploy.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.41 KB
 Viewed:  4760 Time(s)

Harv-Deploy.gif

harvesting.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.87 KB

harvesting.gif

Digging.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.55 KB

Digging.gif

Stratching.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  154.85 KB

Stratching.gif

Scanning.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.54 KB

Scanning.gif

Cutting.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.39 KB

Cutting.gif

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The problem with the invisible slave would be that he can harvest ore anywhere around the 'refinery', not a specific cell. Add in a slave's max mining-range, and... too complex already #Tongue

Also, I'm not sure that the harvesting anim fits.
Re-chk how the TD miners harvest Tiberium in the opening cutscenes of Tiberian Dawn.
If you don't have the game (even tho you should as it's been free-ware for quite a while now) chk the cutscnes on YouTube.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow caster:0.6, shadow enabled
filling 1:0.4, shadow disabled
fiiling 2:0.4, shadow disabled

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...and for infantry?

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:
Shadow caster:0.6, shadow enabled
filling 1:0.4, shadow disabled
fiiling 2:0.4, shadow disabled

Thanks again for your suggestion M.Kenosis Smile, but sorry i didn't mean to make you be angry, but i don't know if blender (2.66a) have that "shadow caster" option Confused, i'm just beginner yet i don't know that "shadow caster" which have you mean Embarassed, sorry, would you or somebody at there/here show me about that option, please?.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no such option, but that only means let the light cast shadow;shadow enabled. Kind like that. Im using max, not sure what it would be in blender

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
...and for infantry?

Shame for a Chinese. Guess you never checked RA2diy.

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ M.Kenosis : Ok Thank you M.Kenosis i will try to find another solution about it.

Hi friends in 7/01/2018, i have made an arranged scorpion tank, and it's in original color and not  placed in shp template yet, i haven't added any color or texture yet on it because i feel confused about its colors Confused , so i tried to push myself more away and yeah it just like this..., are there somebody can give me some suggestion how to make it good colored, please? Thanks. Smile

Scorpion.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  425.55 KB
 Viewed:  4372 Time(s)

Scorpion.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never use pure black, it hides small dealing & shadows. Use dark grey so the detailing & shadow have some contrast to them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I get my 3dmax light camera set on blender. The software systems are much different, took me hours to get blender working.
Now you just need a blue background plane and some other render anti-aliasing settings, which I didn't find.(because played with blender for only 3 hours or less)

spot.002 energy output can be adjusted to 0.27 to make the rgb level on 3 sides drop as a arithmetic sequence.

Render contrast test are shown by the box.

max.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  192.72 KB
 Viewed:  4285 Time(s)

max.png

blender.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.31 KB

blender.png

box.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.51 KB

box.png

light1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  light1.zip
 Filesize:  76.18 KB
 Downloaded:  13 Time(s)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's quite annoying it often gives me internal server error when I go to ra2diy

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello friends here am i again, and i have some Scorpion tank in WIP, and also a Flame tank in arrange version, Would you to give me your responds (which can be either suggestions or criticism), please? . Thank you Smile

anigif.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  30.42 KB
 Viewed:  3582 Time(s)

anigif.gif

Scorpion.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.63 KB

Scorpion.png

Flame.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  94.01 KB

Flame.png

Anti-Surface
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amphibious Scorpion...., Voxel or Shp, which is good?

bandicam 2018-07-01 17-58-59-501.png
 Description:
Right
 Filesize:  25.91 KB
 Viewed:  2859 Time(s)

bandicam 2018-07-01 17-58-59-501.png

Amphibious Scorpion_behind.png
 Description:
Behind
 Filesize:  30.67 KB

Amphibious Scorpion_behind.png

Amphibious Scorpion.png
 Description:
Front
 Filesize:  43.16 KB

Amphibious Scorpion.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHPs: details not lost, but are a hassle. You'll need 32 frames at set angles for camera, lighting, etc. Impossible to modify easily should you lose the source files. Unless, of course, you can re-make 'em.

VXLs: easy to modify without the use of source files. Detail loss.

Depends on what you value more, I guess.
And why does the tank look like it belongs to the Humans in Grey Goo?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VXL is real 3d. It allows tilting, flipping, shaking, etc
VXL isn't detail lossss, there is whole bunch of very detailed ones, depend on one's skill

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon