Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
w3x importer
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [62 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
zocom7
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some people just have no idea about modifying w3x files into 3d Studio Max. Confused I mention about this in the C&C3/KW Mod SDK FAQ thread.

All w3x and w3d imports and exports (regardless of tool) need to use 3d Studio Max version 9 (32-bit or 64-bit) or version 7, not the recent versions of 3dsmax (such as 2010 or 2011). Errors will be expected there (if you edit something there) as EA tools do not support recent versions of 3Dsmax.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O.k. I understand that the modsdk's are made for Max9 and 7, but I cant even open them in the w3x viewer provided with the RA3ModSDK.
and why can I import stuff from the StaticL.manifest into Max2010 but not the Static.manifest?
Ah well, dont worry about it, it's not a big deal anyway. I was just wanting to convert some stuff over to RA2/YR.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to have EA's 3ds max plugin (w3x exporter) installed in order to get the importer work.

Duffer
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi all

Sorry to ask it but i am not arrive to install the W3X Importer in Max.

If i remember well to install a max script, you must :
1. Run the script
2. Customize User Interface
3. Select the script and ok

Can you said me how do you do to install it please ?

Thanks in advance.

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Necroposting FTW!

3DS Max W3D XML Asset Importer - Version 1.2.0.11 is out!

+ Total code overhaul. Now up to 1500% faster than ever!
+ 20% lighter in size!
+ No-W3DSkin release added for newer 3ds max versions
+ Fixed parasitic noise in animation

example.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  230.75 KB
 Viewed:  7047 Time(s)

example.png

w3x_importer_12011.zip
 Description:
+ Total code overhaul. Now up to 1500% faster than ever!
+ 20% lighter in size!
+ No-W3DSkin release added for newer 3ds max versions
+ Fixed parasitic noise in animation

Download
 Filename:  w3x_importer_12011.zip
 Filesize:  14.8 KB
 Downloaded:  321 Time(s)

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work, thanks!

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OOOOOH THANK YOU SIR!

it says Mesh processing took 0.1 seconds but no mesh appeared in max, what could it be? 3dsmax2014 64bit

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what mesh you are trying to process? can you upload it?

IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice! But the recent version I'm using is still not compatible. I'm using 2018 student version and I can't import Mammoth Tanks.

Thank you anyway! I guess I'm going to find older versions like both of the 2009 and 2011 version.

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IamInnocent wrote:
Nice! But the recent version I'm using is still not compatible. I'm using 2018 student version and I can't import Mammoth Tanks.

Thank you anyway! I guess I'm going to find older versions like both of the 2009 and 2011 version.

what error you receive when trying to import? and from which game you are importing?

IamInnocent
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT: Nevermind, I used makeskn on the assets extracted using Bibber's tools, and it's all good. Laughing Thanks a lot for the update. Very Happy

I used the import Skeleton function on the official samples of CNC3 assets provided here.

This just gives me a straight up W3DHierachy model error, as shown below when trying to importing the hierachy or skeleton of the model. Importing Juggernaut/Behemoth skeleton would also lead me to the same W3DHierachy error.

When I'm trying to import the things that I extracted from the original CNC3 using bibber's tools, importing the hierachical model would lead me to the second error.

Strange, not only in 2018 student version, even using 3DSMax 2011 produces the same results.

Nevermind all good.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.47 KB
 Viewed:  6922 Time(s)

Nevermind all good.png

Valeriy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How to import the assets (.w3x objects), using this MakeSKN-Master, if i even have no makeskn.exe? I had downloaded the MakeSKN-Master, but there just no any programs to execute!!! Can anybody explain me how to do it? What to write in command line?
(Assets folder: C:\DAC\AD\WT\Tiberium\Assets)
(MakeSKN also there)

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum