Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Weird Nuclear Reactor bug
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject:  Weird Nuclear Reactor bug Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, the AI is building 2 nuclear reactors, not a problem, until you realise it builds one straight after building a barracks and a refinery.

I assume it may have something to do with the "Build More Buildings of a Type" logic, but that's just a guess.

Obviously it shouldn't be happening....

SCRN.20171211-163849-00704.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  912.99 KB
 Viewed:  2088 Time(s)

SCRN.20171211-163849-00704.PNG

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Respecify AI.PowerPlants on the default sides as well, think this is a side-effect of the game falling back to NodAdvancedPower.

Also, you don't need AIBuildThis=yes or it's modern counterpart on powerplants. The AI low power handling routine bypasses that and buildings built to get out of low power aren't part of the base planning. Basically, you could end up with that result with AIBuildsThis=yes + AI.PowerPlants/NodAdvancedPower - the AI gets to low power, builds a reactor to get out of it, then builds the second one to fulfill AIBuildThis.

You can dump the base plans into the debug.log with a keyboard command within Development, feel free checking that - that will show that powerplants are not a part of it, just buildings and defenses.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

Last edited by Graion Dilach on Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll let you know in the morning if it works.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, made an edit, thought I was fast enough. ^^'

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yeah, not sure why it'd build one there though, I've not changed the prereqs, so it should build after the Battle Lab anyway shouldn't it? Or does the fact it's a power plant too mess with that?

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyway, It seems to have been fixed by changing everything you suggested, cheers.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The game only checks prereqs on Nod Advanced Power, but Ares for some reason is coded to only check whether a power plant could be buildable by a player. I remember FS-21 once gave me a patch file for this (or something related). Was some time ago, and I feel bad about not having included it yet.

Since this would be a breaking change, I can't just sneak that into 1.0 in the last minute. Please remind me to include that next time...

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No probs dude, thanks.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or not, seems to still be happening, deffo a bug, not sure if it's my coding or what, but it didn't used to happen from what I remember.

SCRN.20180122-080825-00536.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  997.82 KB
 Viewed:  1869 Time(s)

SCRN.20180122-080825-00536.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I noticed this recently too and don't remember it happening previously, but could be one of those things you don't notice infront of you.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Yeah I noticed this recently too and don't remember it happening previously, but could be one of those things you don't notice infront of you.

I wasn't sure, but if you're getting it too, I doubt it's my coding.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not your coding fault. It is OK until Ares 0.B but happens from 0.C onwards.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because 0.C enabled NodAdvancedPower again, where previous versions just looked at NodPowerPlant. The bug was there, but it wouldn't trigger by default. If you set AI.PowerPlants=NAPOWR,NANRCT, then it would happen in 0.B, too.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
The game only checks prereqs on Nod Advanced Power, but Ares for some reason is coded to only check whether a power plant could be buildable by a player. I remember FS-21 once gave me a patch file for this (or something related). Was some time ago, and I feel bad about not having included it yet.

Since this would be a breaking change, I can't just sneak that into 1.0 in the last minute. Please remind me to include that next time...

This is your reminder Alex Smile

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm looking at the fix. There were two versions, and I only found one so far which also changes something unrelated. On it. Should be in the next testing build.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, cheers dude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon