Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ideas for a Meteor Storm superweapon
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
kaizerdragon
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:  Ideas for a Meteor Storm superweapon
Subject description: How to create? (at least a rundown of what to do)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.

I am interested in making a Meteor Storm-type of superweapon; similar to this: I know this is using another patch but please; bear with me.
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzQCqYmaXA)

Does anyone have an idea how this is implemented in Ares? I need it for my private mod that me and my friends enjoy. Thank you very much!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Offtopic: Wait, are you Kaizer from Indie DB? Just asking.

kaizerdragon
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, not familiar.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. check out the Ares Doc about SWs

2. i would suggest Type=GenericWarhead and then create a new Warhead which has on the AnimList the meteors
e.g.
[MeteorWH]
AnimList=METLARGE,METSMALL

since this only creates a single meteor, you can then use some art.ini magic to add more meteors

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

kaizerdragon
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please check if my idea is correct. Actually I've been working on it for nights but all I can do was to somewhat transform a lightning storm into mini-nuke explosions (and trust me, it's ugly).

1. I use Ares' GenericWarhead to detonate a warhead that contains METLARGE and METSMALL.
2. I will use 'Spawns' tag in artmd.ini to generate more meteors?

Does the vanilla METLARGE and METSMALL suffice? I mean, I don't have to change anything other than the damage dealt?

Please treat me as a total noob. It's been a while since I have modded my private mod. Thank you!

kaizerdragon
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did exactly what you said.

And nothing happened. The sidebar loaded the meteor storm tab correctly but upon clicking it, nothing happened.

kaizerdragon
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh nevermind. I found out I did something retarded again. I'll ask if I run into trouble. Thank you.

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or you can create a SHP graphic of a meteor falling like in Firestorm and make the superweapon as a LightningStorm clone. I'd make one, but I don't have the tools at my disposal at the moment.

Or you may be able to make it with a combination of an EMPulse super, Flare, invis aircraft with a weapon with a burst of however many meteors, aircraft itself has BurstDelay0=5, and projectile with Inaccurate=yes, Arcing=yes, BallisticScatter.Min + .Max with say, 8. Could even do no burst and just do like 8 planes.

Tried doing it with a Nuke, but Airburst nor Splits would work with it for some reason.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Tried doing it with a Nuke, but Airburst nor Splits would work with it for some reason.

Like in TI with Nod's nuke?

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use Meteor as PreImpactAnim so that they use the weapon's warhead to deal damage, in this way the unit firing it gains experience.

Mr.Hymn
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kenosis wrote:

Do you mind let me know how please I can't seems to spawn something like this without lightning storm SW logic. Unless it's one projectile.

McPwny
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you can actually do it without ares or even art.ini editing. few people know this, but you can attach debris straight to a warhead.  
moreover, you can attach voxel debris. even voxel debris that have the ini tag that makes them fall from the sky like meteors.

wiwimax
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can someone write a full-code for this super-weapon?

Thank you in advance

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon