Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
Community News Round up - Mid January 2018
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:  Community News Round up - Mid January 2018
Subject description: Our comm. center was lazy recently, but our engineers are still working.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello everyone! Here's a quick roundup of some of the tools that are being upgraded recently and that deserve some attention. So, here are them:

-> Image Shaper, a program from Lin Kuei Ominae that allows people to convert sequence of images into SHP files, has received an upate (version 01.01.00.09) that allows you to do that as a batch process.

Quote:
Version 01.01.00.09
-(update) create images expanded with SHP(TS) file format, allowing each frame to be saved as SHP
-(update) create images filename can now use an asterisk *, to keep the original filename for the single frame

Head here to learn more about it and download it.

-> The 3Ds Max W3D XML Asset Importer, a script for newer 3Ds Max, has been updated by Katz recently... or at least we were recently informed of it. The version 1.2.0.11 comes with the following changes:

Quote:
+ Total code overhaul. Now up to 1500% faster than ever!
+ 20% lighter in size!
+ No-W3DSkin release added for newer 3ds max versions
+ Fixed parasitic noise in animation

Head here to download it.

-> And the same Katz has also posted a 3Ds Max script to import Command & Conquer Generals 2 assets.... yea, that Command & Conquer Free To Play that was not released.... supposedly by bad community feedback (which is weird, because this was not what was seen back at Gamescom 2013). Anyway, you can get stuff like the picture below with it, if you still have the beta version of your game forgotten in any machine:

And there is a tutorial to help you to use it:

Download it here.

And that's all for now. If you have some interesting modding news to share, post it at the Community News Forum. If it is properly written, we'll bring it straight to the site, otherwise we'll make our own version of it.

Key Words: #News #CnCEditingTools #ImageShaper #W3XImporter #3DsMax #SHP 

NucleiSplitter
Laser Commando

Also Known As: martx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Might use that someday down the line, the modding tools have been advancing pretty fast, hasn't it? Smile

By the way, Generals 2 was released? I thought it was cancelled.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NucleiSplitter wrote:
By the way, Generals 2 was released? I thought it was cancelled.

It was, but apparently its files are still around.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!