Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Could anyone tell me how to make 32 faces turret in Blender?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
insane_future
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:  Could anyone tell me how to make 32 faces turret in Blender? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used CnC_template2_10 to making shps with blender.

What makes me headaches is that I'm not a student of 3d , and I've learned a little lesson by myself. Now I have a technical problem. I don't know how to get the surface animation of the building, and I don't know how to adjust the center point of the turret. If anyone who uses Blender has just seen this post, please give me a hand and tell me, thank you.
Im REALLY need your help.

1.gif
 Description:
this turret
 Filesize:  78.89 KB
 Viewed:  1931 Time(s)

1.gif

11.png
 Description:
in blender
 Filesize:  26.72 KB
 Viewed:  1931 Time(s)

11.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1- Select the turret.
2- press the "i" hotkey, then select the keyframe as 'rotation' in the specified frame.
3- The distance between from first to last keyframe insertions should be 32 in number, for example: insert rotation keyframe in frame number 0, then go to frame number 31, then rotate the turret 360 degree, then insert the 'rotation' keyframe.
4- go to dope sheet editor type, it's under the 'operator' section.
5- press 'key' section, and select 'handle type', then select vector.
6-the rotation should be sharper, and not smooth.
7-this is really useful for making buildings for TS/RA2 SHPs.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy hell those polys make me want to die inside for looking at them. I can't understand how you can make it look so well with such a chaotic mess of vertexes.

If you're looking to move the rotation point for the turret as I imagine: Go into Edit mode with turret selected, put your cursor over the point you want to set as the origin, you can snap to the central vertex if you have one, (I imagine it's a cylinder) with Shift+S (if not, then try and put your cursor as close as possible). Then hit Shift+Ctrl+Alt+C and choose "Center to 3D Cursor".

(I know there's a million commas and it's practically a run-on sentence, sue me.)

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's damaged state I guess

insane_future
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
1- Select the turret.
2- press the "i" hotkey, then select the keyframe as 'rotation' in the specified frame.
3- The distance between from first to last keyframe insertions should be 32 in number, for example: insert rotation keyframe in frame number 0, then go to frame number 31, then rotate the turret 360 degree, then insert the 'rotation' keyframe.

TANKE YOU.But how can i make rotation sharper?And If I do not manually adjust the angle of each frame, the rotation angle is not uniform, not as you say, each frame is 11.25?
also I don't know where is "dope sheet editor type, it's under the 'operator' section. "

insane_future
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

finally i finished it in fool way
but I need a right way to do it Embarassed

4.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  154.96 KB
 Viewed:  1789 Time(s)

4.gif

3.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  197.4 KB

3.gif

2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.16 KB

2.gif

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The default setting is ease in/out which means slow start and end, with this setting things move smoothly
But in your case you want things move uniformly rather smoothly so you want the linear setting
Blender may/should have something similar

Set_Key.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.98 KB
 Viewed:  1751 Time(s)

Set_Key.png

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think the damaged frames should be just some change in the texture, not turning off some lights.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
insane_future
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
The default setting is ease in/out which means slow start and end, with this setting things move smoothly
But in your case you want things move uniformly rather smoothly so you want the linear setting
Blender may/should have something similar

Thank you so much! The problem has been solved!

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

insane_future wrote:
PussyPus wrote:
1- Select the turret.

TANKE YOU.But how can i make rotation sharper?And If I do not manually adjust the angle of each frame, the rotation angle is not uniform, not as you say, each frame is 11.25?
also I don't know where is "dope sheet editor type, it's under the 'operator' section. "

Do you see a button that shows up & down arrow with a white cube in the down-left screen?

insane_future
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
insane_future wrote:
PussyPus wrote:
1- Select the turret.

Do you see a button that shows up & down arrow with a white cube in the down-left screen?

yes,i found it,and i solve it,thank you~
By the way, do you know how to render a translucent shadow of it, or how to change the color of the shadow? Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon