Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
movin and teleporting chrono unit
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject:  movin and teleporting chrono unit Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey dear modders!,

A long time ago I had a chrono unit, that only telepoterd when you clicked a cetain distance from it.
It could drive half a screen or teleport if you clicked more then half a screen away from it.
Sadly I forgot how that worked - do you got an idea?

Thanks to you all!

Last edited by Ich-Henker on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This reminds me of the Jumpjets and the subterranian APC from TS.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same idea as PillBox20. Maybe one of keys from from Jumpjets or Subterranian units will let thing work like that.

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am pretty sure it was involving the chrono locomotor from the Chrono Miner with a certain movement zone, but I don't remember what that movement zone was.

Ich-Henker
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I make this post, so I do not have to make a beg post for answers and to show, that I am trying this but cannot find the right combination...

Okay, the configuration on the chrono miner is:

Teleporter=yes
Locomotor={4A582747-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;teleport
MovementZone=Crusher

Now applying this settings without harvester=yes and dock=garefn,narefn... to another unit

when I switch MovementZone to =Subterannean
it just drives every distance

Teleporter=yes
MovementZone=Subterannean

when I take teleporter=yes away it teleports every distance:

MovementZone=Crusher

applying MZ=Sub and teleport locomotor it teleports everywhere:

when I put both the subterannean and the teleporter locomotor and MovementZone=Crusher and take away teleporter it teleports every distance:

Locomotor={4A582743-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;Sub
MovementZone=Crusher

when I give it a subterannean locomotor and teleporter=yes and MZ=Crusher it drives every distance:

MovementZone=Crusher
Teleporter=yes

when I give it Dock=none + Teleporter=yes and a teleport locomotor it drives every distance:

MovementZone=Crusher
Teleporter=yes
Dock=none

Teleporter=yes
Dock=none

:it drives every distance

Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1} ;drive

:drives every distance

Rolling Eyes

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2 keys with different values in one section, only the last one is used. So the first is redundant.
Thus test 8 is like test 1

According to modenc, Teleporter only works together with Dock.

Since MovementZone is only for pathfinding where a unit can move, but not how a unit moves, Subterannean shouldn't apply any special logics to a unit.
The special logics come from keys like JumpJet=yes or special locomotors like the subterannean locomotor 4A582743.
A unit with a normal drive locomotor and MZ=subterannean wouldn't dig, even if MZ calculates digging is faster. It only digs when it also has the subterannean locomotor.

But since chrono porting is always faster than driving, i doubt there is a way to get this done.
Except maybe try to move on pavement, since the subterannean MZ would calculate on pavement that it is not possible to dig/chronoport here, it's then maybe forced to drive.

My only other suggestion would be to try using a chrono locomotor with JumpJet=yes, because JumpJet has the special logic applied of moving small distances on ground and long distances using the specialty of the locomotor. In this case it could be the teleport loco and not the flying mode of the jumpjet locomotor.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is Necroing an old threat, However -

I have a chrono tank, and I applied Movementzone=Teleporter to this unit.

If a vehicle with the chrono (cleg) locomotor does not have movementzone=teleporter ---- it will not be able chronoshift beyond broken bridges.

i tested some subterrainean stuff alongside this ^^^ but not everything. And none of it produced a unit that could move and teleport. However
-
Emphasis - tank with chrono loco without movementzone=teleporter - if two areas of the map are seperated by water and connected by bridge - and that bridge is destroyed --- without movementzone=teleporter the chronounit will not chronosphere across until bridge is repaired. It seems in the CLEG (legionnaire) that teleporter=yes overrides this - and allows it to have movementzone=infantry :- and cross bridges, but teleporter=yes treats vehicles differently (like chorno miner) where it turns out there is unused movementzone=Teleporter that can correct this on vehicles with true teleport locomotor.

Try it

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Teleporter is not a movementzone key and rather what you put is invalid and frankly since has no valid movementzone, it does not limit movement in anyway as the purpose of that is to limit movement to certain conditions.

So don't make stuff up and proper solution is MovementZone=Fly ;thus no limits are placed in the movement of the locomotor, admittedly game has tolerance for false keys but it can have occasional unstability tolerating such at times and exploding other times.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew someone would say that, but Test it dude. If its not valid movementzone- then having an invalid movement zone allows movement across all terrain types (except water) I am not lying about the effect. the Chrono locomotor does not allow tanks to cross destroyed bridges. Go remove its movement zone - and replace with whatever --- and it can.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnimalMan wrote:
I knew someone would say that, but Test it dude. If its not valid movementzone- then having an invalid movement zone allows movement across all terrain types (except water) I am not lying about the effect. the Chrono locomotor does not allow tanks to cross destroyed bridges. Go remove its movement zone - and replace with whatever --- and it can.

It's just what I said before by 'invalid setting no limitations' I am not denying it works, you just settle for bad coding practice, you get the same solution to your bridge chrono issue if you use Fly movementzone is what I said to use instead of using your imaginary values like MovementZone=IWriteRandomGibberishAndAssumeItCorrectSinceIngameNoProblem.

Go ahead and test Fly...I assure you, it works on the bug I fixed years ago and no need to settle for invalid values for achieving same...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AnimalMan wrote:

Teleporter doesn't exist. Putting MovementZone=Teleporter is the same as not including MovementZone or putting MovementZone=Normal, both of which are default. If you don't believe us, check the gamemd.exe yourself; You're only going to find Teleporter with the rest of the TechnoType tags, not MovementZone.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a teleporting unit exit from a factory, it rolls to the waypoint as any normal production unit, and will not teleport there. If you stop the unit and move it, it will teleport, but not until then, which is the same behaviour as a chronominer leaving the dock if you think about it.

Therefore I believe WW broke up the behaviour of teleporting so that a unit leaving it's dock will ignore teleport ability, but there's another exception that applies for the miner which doesn't apply to another unit with the same locomotor. I haven't run any tests to figure out the precise tag combo that makes this happen however.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I have a teleporting unit exit from a factory, it rolls to the waypoint as any normal production unit, and will not teleport there. If you stop the unit and move it, it will teleport, but not until then, which is the same behaviour as a chronominer leaving the dock if you think about it.

Therefore I believe WW broke up the behaviour of teleporting so that a unit leaving it's dock will ignore teleport ability, but there's another exception that applies for the miner which doesn't apply to another unit with the same locomotor. I haven't run any tests to figure out the precise tag combo that makes this happen however.

Yes, and consider that War Factories display exit animations (doors opening) then if the unit just teleported out it would look silly if not an over-ride was written. I ran a test with subteranean units on waypoint and think you are correct - as these guys will dig instantly if waypoint is set far away. Indicating no logic over-ride present that tells them not to use special effect of locomotor.

Note:
The chrono miner will not teleport to the repair depot either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon