Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tib Sun to YR Jump Jet
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:  Tib Sun to YR Jump Jet Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

https://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Jumpjet_flags

Modenc states that

Quote:
Ease of conversion between systems depends on the direction:
To convert the Rocketeer back to TS's system, all you really have to do is remove BalloonHover=yes and ensure HoverAttack is set to the best fit for your unit. You may want to adjust SpeedType and MovementRestrictedTo to account for the changed mobility.

i tested these parameters last night and the result was a rocketeer that couldnt leave the barracks. I have rarely seen a true tib-sun jumpjet unit in ra2 yr in other mods, so am wondering if this information is entirely correct.

Has anybody created such unit in the most simplistic way possibile by modiffying the above recommended tags?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just remove SpeedType, BalloonHover and HoverAttack from Rocketeer.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh I see, I was going too far with mine #Tongue

Very nice effect it has. Its like a little spaceman.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no idea why you even want the exact TS system as it requires you to babysit the infantry constantly or it lands in middle of enemy once its current target is dead (and you not reissue a new target in time) and gets killed as result, there is reason rocketeer RA2 method is preferable.

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I have no idea why you even want the exact TS system as it requires you to babysit the infantry constantly or it lands in middle of enemy once its current target is dead (and you not reissue a new target in time) and gets killed as result, there is reason rocketeer RA2 method is preferable.

Interested in the mechanic, It is versatile, you do not have to give your TS Jumpjet a weapon, it could be given to an engineer, or thief

AnimalMan
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In ra2 is it possible to increase the distance a jumpjet unit will walk before deciding to use his jetpack?

GenesisAria
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reviving old topic, but i randomly noticed my infantry able to walk short distances as well (if hoverattack is disabled), but the walk distance is like 2 tiles, and i also would like to be able to increase it, if anyone has any idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon