Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ideas & suggestions
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 16 [800 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It means if I want AI to build 10 rhino, I want it to use the 8 rhino to guard base until the 10 rhino team is formed. If I assign 11,11 those Rhino cannot be used to attack. And if I were to assign 11,11 to a defense team, it will be stationary and not patrol. For long range unit like prism tank it is fine, most tanks like Rhino range will not be enough.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Suggestion to change CrashSpin=no effect on aircraft slightly:

When a plane gets destroyed, this prevents it from spinning during the crash but it falls rather quick and looks silly, is there a way to expand the crash path/distance more so it looks realistic?

ayylmao on Discord

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One quick clarification:

15) Regarding ThreadRatingNode, Dumb and smart tags: In TS 2.03 as well as in YR 1.001, every house is considered to have a TRN. In both versions, the logic doesn't work: The game remembers a house built a TRN, but when the building is lost, it also sets this to be enabled (thus never deactivates). When a country is created, it defaults to TRN being available. Thus, the value really is never anything else than set (despite some technicality involving loading a savegame), and thus none of the Dumb tags should ever be used for anything.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the clarification. To confirm, SmartAI on house/country does
not make any difference. Dumb* flags do nothing.

MyEffectiveness/TargetEffectiveness/TargetSpecialThreat/TargetStrength/
TargetDistance - CoefficientDefault flags work by default even if there is
no building with IsThreatRatingNode. As these are stated as being used
in threat evaluation at ModEnc. And these flags can be set on the unit's
section as well to override the values in the [General] section without the
Default on the flag's end?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2) The request I meant is this: AISafeDistance tag should be split. If this request is what you imagined, give me a note.

14) I don't know why Westwood did it this way. Could be that the AI then would have been too stupid, or that the many extra checks would take too much time.

15) The dumb and normal threat values are only global. There are no per-type values.

9/13/17) Not sure. Triggers aren't yet expanded in Ares, and changing the format of the long comma separated lines might get ugly quickly.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about making the difficulty global modifiers available for buildings, which in addition also allow to raise/lower these by a certain value over a certain duration?

The game has already the following keys for the difficulty settings
Groundspeed=1.0
Airspeed=1.0
BuildTime=1.0
Armor=1.0
ROF=1.0
Cost=1.0

Now add keys to allow buildings to raise/lower these global stats.
e.g.
[MYBONUSBUILDING]
StartBonus=1.25
BonusType=Armor
BonusDuration=900 ;(like Rate in art.ini) 900 frames= 1 minute
BonusFactor=0.1
BonusMax=2.0

In this example, when the building is placed, the player would get instantly a 25% bonus on armor for all his units/buildings.
Then every minute the bonus would be raised by 0.1 until the max of 2.0 is reached.

This way players could "research" certain bonuses for their units/buildings.

I think it could be interesting if in a mod a player with lots of "normal" units is fighting a player with few but "highly researched" units.

Maybe also add a BonusCostFactor key, which raises the cost of units/buildings accordingly, so an Armor 2.0 tank costs more than the normal tank.
Balancing would be up to the modders, but i think this could offer some interesting new tactics.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Except for the timed bonus you can technically already do that with Prerequisite.Negative unit switching or an attach effect buff. Including the increased cost which can be done be using a negative amount on UnitsCostBonus.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or a building fires a map-wide AreaFire weapon to give every body (Probably AffectsEnemies=no) an buff AE

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would buff your allies as well if you're on a team.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had something like that in mind in my first design of Academies, but I changed it to the simpler version because it was fundamentally different from giving veterancy for units built while a player owned a building.

The timed feature would be a little too complex for a feature thats only on for few minutes and off for the rest of the game. In particular, the interaction of having several buildings of the same type, or different buidlings with different values but the same bonus type would be hard to get right.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can we have the [Easy], [Medium], and [Difficult] sections in the future?

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
2) The request I meant is this: AISafeDistance tag should be split. If this request is what you imagined, give me a note.

14) I don't know why Westwood did it this way. Could be that the AI then would have been too stupid, or that the many extra checks would take too much time.

15) The dumb and normal threat values are only global. There are no per-type values.

9/13/17) Not sure. Triggers aren't yet expanded in Ares, and changing the format of the long comma separated lines might get ugly quickly.

2) Yes, it is exactly what I meant.

14) I heard TS can do it though. In RA2, half the AI trigger are used for check prerequisite already.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think there is another change AI can benefit from. AI should use attack move when approaching target. I know when using "patrol" in script AI can do it, but unfortunately it requires cell tag so it is only map specific. The code is obviously there. If only there is a way.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TK3600 wrote:
14) I heard TS can do it though. In RA2, half the AI trigger are used for check prerequisite already.

If you are correct, it may have been a function added by the Firestorm expansion of which RA2 doesn't have the code from because it was based off of plain TS.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS AI like YR also doesn't obey prereqs properly.

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AI respects Tech Level I believe, so make the trigger "Enemy has Apocs" and set the trigger tech level to 10. done.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2) Implemented.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TK3600 wrote:
It means if I want AI to build 10 rhino, I want it to use the 8 rhino to guard base until the 10 rhino team is formed. If I assign 11,11 those Rhino cannot be used to attack.

When no script is given, the units become free which can get recruited into
other teams without check of AreTeamMembersRecruitable or Priority of
its last team.

When area guard 11,11 is used, the script doesn't end and the team keeps
doing area guard. For recruitment of such teams, the source team should
have AreTeamMembersRecruitable=yes and its Priority should be less than
the recruiting team. Then recruitment can happen. And should keep
Recruiter=no and Group=-1 for both teams in AIMD.ini.

MRMIdAS wrote:
AI respects Tech Level I believe, so make the trigger "Enemy has Apocs" and set the trigger tech level to 10. done.

Techlevel field in AITriggers is just a dummy, it is re-calculated from its
taskforces and YR doesn't have a tech level slider to play at different levels.
So techlevel isn't useful here.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
TK3600 wrote:
It means if I want AI to build 10 rhino, I want it to use the 8 rhino to guard base until the 10 rhino team is formed. If I assign 11,11 those Rhino cannot be used to attack.

When no script is given, the units become free which can get recruited into
other teams without check of AreTeamMembersRecruitable or Priority of
its last team.

When area guard 11,11 is used, the script doesn't end and the team keeps
doing area guard. For recruitment of such teams, the source team should
have AreTeamMembersRecruitable=yes and its Priority should be less than
the recruiting team. Then recruitment can happen. And should keep
Recruiter=no and Group=-1 for both teams in AIMD.ini.

MRMIdAS wrote:

Techlevel field in AITriggers is just a dummy, it is re-calculated from its
taskforces and YR doesn't have a tech level slider to play at different levels.
So techlevel isn't useful here.

My hack is to create the team, but give them an empty script. This is why my hack is smart. They will not be recruited because technically they are in a team type, and in team type they are set not available for recruit. It is amazing how some default behaviour is not available for us to code yet is so useful. AI is extremely responsive against attacks. The range seems to be infinite. I did an experiment in which I set rhino tanks "toprotect=yes". And guess what, when a rhino tank in attack mission far from home and inside enemy base gets attacked, those "no script" tanks follow up to rescue too! It is a proof sight range is not considered in those units. Interestingly rocketeer is not affected by this, they are just stationary when no script is given. It appears Rhino, Grizzly, Apocalypse, IFV and Flak truck follow this behavior at least, so I assume all ground combat vehicle. I don't think 11,11 has infinite range. I think this discovery should be spread around, maybe in wiki.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
2) Implemented.

Horray!

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Empty script or guard for limited time 5,2 or invalid scripts all finish quickly.
Then units don't retain any values of its last teamtype except Group. Those
free units can be recruited.

Scripts like 11,5 or 11,11 don't finish and units still hold the values set in
their teamtype. In such cases, recruitment can still be done but are affected
by the values set in their teamtypes.

ToProtect is different, it is like attack mission where sight or range of units
is irrelevant. The base assimilates units and sends those to protect. It doesn't
mean that those units have gained infinite range/sight.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

11,11 seem to ignore toprotect.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't tested whether ToProtect can gather units from active teams or if
that is even possible.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
2) Implemented.

I use script 53 & 54 to make the AI patrol the map, so this should be useful to make the AI patrol closer to their own base for more cover but also outside the defensive range of the enemy base Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would make it more interesting if the 2nd parameter in the script is used
to add few more cell distance like if AIFriendlyDistance=10 then using script
as 54,5 would result in a distance of 15 cells from the base center.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or better just define the cell number in 2nd parameter.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
I haven't tested whether ToProtect can gather units from active teams or if
that is even possible.

No, form a team with empty script. They will react to ToProtect. I can give you my mod if that is unclear.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When an empty script is given, the units are freed from the team as the
script finishes immediately and that case is known. What I mentioned
is the case on units still in active teams getting pulled for to protect
scenario with or without being base defense team. That I haven't tested
specifically yet.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They will not, that is why giving empty script is important.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only attack teams don't respond to ToProtect. Base defense teams do
respond to ToProtect, it could be any script like 11,11 or 11,5. Free
units also respond to ToProtect. Just tested.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to look into AI units stuck in a loop when multiple unit are trying to entering repair stations? I know I can disable service depot for AI, but there are still problems. For one they cannot repair itself making it vulnerable to terror drones. Second they will build naval yard which is a repair station. Thirdly there are Tech Outpost available for capture and they may capture one occasionally. Repair works well enough sometimes to be considered, there are just bugs.

TK3600
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Only attack teams don't respond to ToProtect. Base defense teams do
respond to ToProtect, it could be any script like 11,11 or 11,5. Free
units also respond to ToProtect. Just tested.

Yes, but their range is limited, to I think sightX2.

Just try my ways:
1. Give a task of Rhino defense team empty script
2. Set ToProtect on Rhino tanks in RuleMD.ini
3. Watch as a team of Rhino tanks attack enemy and get counter fired on.
4. The base defense Rhino will chase all the way to enemy base to defend the Rhino attack team.
5. 4 does not happen when assigned 11,11. They only guard the area they are close to. Not the same.
6. In addition to ToProtect, those empty script unit will attack enemy shooting base structure. 11,11 will not care if it is out of the range.
7. Guard area command 5,n will not work either.

chr0nicz420
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I'll try to have an organized and number of suggestions:

1. Can we have the [Easy], [Medium], and [Difficult] sections be able to work in the future?

2. Having a tag for a 2nd animation on warheads so the warhead can have 2 animations at the same time without going through complicated methods just to be able to do this. (I already checked the thread related to this but I can't really get it to work)

3. I might unable to explain it properly but is it possible to implement something like, a unit that has 2 kinds of mind control, 1st is it can mind control infantry permanently(So yes infinite mind control against infantry) and 2nd is it has a limit on mind controlling vehicles and buildings then once it reached the limit on mind controlling, it WON'T forbid the mind controller to mind control another infantry?

Because on this situation on the image below, it can't mind control infantry anymore once it reached the limit on mind controlling vehicles/buildings. (The damage is set to 3 on limited mind control against vehicles)

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  749.81 KB
 Viewed:  4137 Time(s)

Untitled.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

2. Use a splits type weapon, if you are unable to get it working then that's a problem with you & not a bug that Ares needs to fix.

3. I haven't tested it but can't you just use two different MC weapons, or is the logic coded to only use the setting on the Primary weapon? If so a better request would be to remove this limitation to enable multiple different MC combinations.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

chr0nicz420 wrote:
So I'll try to have an organized and number of suggestions:
2. Having a tag for a 2nd animation on warheads so the warhead can have 2 animations at the same time without going through complicated methods just to be able to do this. (I already checked the thread related to this but I can't really get it to work)

Or use LKO's trick
Code:
[DUMMY_ANIM]
Image=ONE_FRAME_EMPTY
Next=animation_1
TrailerAnim=animation_2
TrailerSeperation=1

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3. The only problem being that the links with the primary would be permanent the primary can't be used even with nothing mind controlled, until it gained ammo back.
So that's up to you whether you want it to reload ever, because as long as it has ammo, it won't use the secondary MC weapon.
Code:
[MCUser]
Primary=SuperMindControlSP
Secondary=InfMindControl
Ammo=3 ; how many you need for linking with primary
InitialAmmo=3   ;same as above
NoAmmoWeapon=1   ;use secondary as weapon with Ammo=0
NoAmmoAmount=0
Reload=9999
ReloadIncrement=1%
EmptyReload=9999
ManualReload=no
PipScale=MindControl

[SuperMindControlSP]
Damage=13;TOTAL number of mind control links for both weapons
ROF=200
Range=7
Projectile=PsychicControl
Ammo=1
Speed=100
Warhead=ControllerNonInf
;Report=YuriMindControl
Anim=YURICNTL
FireOnce=yes

[InfMindControl]
Damage=10;Number of mind control links
ROF=200
Range=7
Projectile=PsychicControl
Speed=100
Warhead=ControllerInf
;Report=YuriMindControl
Anim=YURICNTL
FireOnce=yes
Ammo=0

[ControllerInf];Mind control warhead.  Will skip normal damage like EMP did
Verses=100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
MindControl=yes
AnimList=YURICNTL

[ControllerNonInf];Mind control warhead.  Will skip normal damage like EMP did
Verses=0%,0%,0%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%
MindControl=yes
AnimList=YURICNTL

EDIT: Hell if you wanted, you could make the primary a permanent mind control that you get to use every 450 frames or something and anytime after or before that it uses the regular mind control. The entire trick behind it is because NoAmmoWeapon= forces the unit to use that weapon if the primary doesn't have enough ammo, regardless the mind control link limit.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All this AI talk, I'm suffering from AI units just sitting at base not defending and not even retaliating to enemy attacks, just scattering.

ayylmao on Discord

unknown_men
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Ideas & suggestions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are modder of Yuri's Revenge so you know it:

[Weapon]>DrainWeapon=yes

The jumpjet unit with this weapon with "drain/hack" a target it is attacking, rather than dealing damage to it. This weapon will only fire against buildings with Drainable=yes set and its effect depends on several attributes of the targeted structure:
- If the target structure is drainable, but has neither a Storage value nor a positive Power value, it will simply be disabled by the attack, as if in a low-power situation.
- If the target structure is drainable and has a Storage value, the attack will drain/hack money from the building's owner.
- If the target structure is drainable and has a positive Power value, the entire power of the building's owner will be shut down while the weapon is firing on the structure.

Using DrainWeapon enforces several special cases upon the weapon:
- Such weapons do not actually fire their projectile or warhead, using it only for targeting purposes.
- Such weapons are hardcoded to play the "DISKRAY" animation when firing.
- The engine expects them to be fired vertically downwards from above a building (as when fired by the Floating Disk) and they will hence fail to fire when fired from any other position, or stop firing if the firing unit moves away from a position right above the structure, even if firing was still permitted by their Range. Aircraft cannot fire them either. In essence, this means that you are limited to BalloonHovering JumpJet units to fire such weapons.

Then Alex, next update of Ares can you make:
- Not just jumpjet vehicles unit, also infantry, aircraft, land vehicles and structure with DrainWeapon functional can drain a target just like Floating Disc did?
- DrainWeapon can playing custom animation, not just "DISKRAY"?
- DrainWeapon can fire from other position not just vertically downwards from above a building (I mean from positive Range value). And they no longer need to move to above the target structure?

Last edited by unknown_men on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im suggest some changes to Psychadelic logic... Maybe a "BersekerAttack=yes/no" tag in the warhead section to make unit affected attacks or not others units... And "BersekerColor=RGB values" tag to local change the color of the affected units...

Other of my suggestion is a tag like "AbsoluteOccupyDestroyer=yes/no" in the warhead what eliminate all occupy soldiers in the buildings affected by one warhead hit...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about the Dark Reign hostage taker logic?

In Dark Reign you can have a unit, that has several passenger places.
You can't enter your own infantry into it, but order the hostage taker to "attack" an enemy infantry. It will then grab the unit, suck it into the passenger hold and finally convert the unit into a suicide zombi unit. The internal conversion of the unit into a zombi takes a little while and depends on the captured units strength.

When the captured unit is converted, the zombi is automatically released on the back of the unit.
So the passenger places are only some kind of buffer to allow the conversion of multiple captured infantry.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can technically already do that with an insta-kill weapon that spawns an infantry from the firing anim. Use a long anim with some blank frames that loop a few times to add a delay to when the zombie spawns. No passenger system but you can use ammo to achieve the same effect tho.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it possible to code the AI to use infantry to capture neutral vehicles (KillDriver WH)?

How about hijackers? Currently the only way I can get such infantry to work is by making dummy ones that use limbo + mind control.

Revisiting my last suggestion as I did not get a response; Refer to my post above about CrashSpin.

ayylmao on Discord

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to un-hardcode the way projectiles are always loaded facing the ground on hovering/flying vehicles? It's a real problem when trying to make non-homing projectiles (ROT=1/0 or CourseLockDuration being high enough to never turn) as they'll always shoot the ground instead of their intended target because it can't fire horizontally. Something like FireAngle= for projectiles as, after testing, FireAngle for vehicletypes doesn't actually seem to influence the projectile's initial direction, only the barrel despite modenc.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I requested that awhile back as part of allowing continuous fire-angles for projectiles (as opposed to the discrete straight/arcing/lobber modes). The downward-facing issue arises only, as far as I know, with homing voxel projectiles fired above zero height, and was ostensibly introduced on purpose in order to make the Kirov's bombs act as intended (since the "Vertical" tag seems to do nothing). It messes up numerous things, such as the Splits feature, or simply firing homing voxel projectils down cliff-sides.

Since the scope of this issue affects Splits weapons, which are not bound to units (unless we want to have Splits weapons to simply default to a different angle, rather than use a customizable angle), and since we might want different weapons on the same unit to have different firing angles, I'd suggest moving FireAngle to projectiles themselves, if at all possible.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Last edited by Millennium on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I came across this problem too when making a torpedo bomber (drops it vertically, then splits just above the water into a horizontal weapon) which worked perfectly as long as you are firing at targets from a specific direction, any others & it will prematurely detonate.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought Ares fixed/updated Splits logic to have the second stage projectile start already in the same facing as the parent projectile? Confused

So all it would need is a ProjectileRange=0 ROT=100 first stage dummy projectile to make the second stage start in the right direction.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

News to me, but welcome news tho. Just tested & it's working consistently now.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even after splitting from a PR=0 or 1, 2 etc. and ROT=100 projectile (SHP or Voxel or even no image) my secondary projectile still starts facing down if under the effects of CourseLockDuration, ROT=0, 1, 2, 3, etc; or Acceleration=10+ My code is below if you want to try it.

Spoiler (click here to read it):
Code:
[SREF2]
UIName=NOSTR:TESTla Tank
Name=TESTla Tank
Image=SREF
Prerequisite=GAWEAP
Strength=180
Category=AFV
Armor=light
Turret=yes
FireAngle=0
Primary=TestWeapon1
ElitePrimary=MechRailgun ; Elite Weapon
IsTilter=yes
TooBigToFitUnderBridge=true
TechLevel=3
Sight=8
Speed=10
CrateGoodie=no
Crusher=yes
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance
Cost=100
Soylent=100
BuildTimeMultiplier=4
Points=10
ROT=5
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
VoiceSelect=PrismTankSelect
VoiceMove=PrismTankMove
VoiceAttack=PrismTankAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
DieSound=GenVehicleDie
MoveSound=PrismTankMoveStart
CrushSound=TankCrush
Maxdebris=3
MovementZone=Amphibious ; gs AMphibiousDestroyer I can't have a destroyer zone without a weapon!
Locomotor={4A582742-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}   ;hover
ThreatPosed=25
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
DamageSmokeOffset=100, 100, 275
Weight=3
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
Accelerates=false
ZFudgeColumn=8
ZFudgeTunnel=13
Size=3

[TestWeapon1]
Damage=1
ROF=60
Range=9
Projectile=SplitTorpedo
ProjectileRange=0.5
Speed=100
Report=SeawolfAttack
Warhead=RIDummy

[SplitTorpedo]
Image=120MM
;Arcing=true
;SubjectToCliffs=no
;SubjectToElevation=yes
;SubjectToWalls=no
Cluster=1
Splits=yes
AirburstWeapon=SecondaryTorpedo
RetargetAccuracy=1.0
;AG=yes
ROT=9999
Ranged=yes

[SecondaryTorpedo]
Damage=100
ROF=60
Range=9
Projectile=LandTorpedo
ProjectileRange=9
Speed=100
Warhead=HE

[LandTorpedo]
Arm=2
Shadow=no
Image=SUBT   ;P
;FirersPalette=yes
SubjectToCliffs=yes
SubjectToElevation=no
SubjectToWalls=yes
;CourseLockDuration=45
AG=yes
Ranged=yes
;Proximity=yes
Floater=yes
ROT=0   ;1 ;5 ;20
;Acceleration=6

[RIDummy]
CellSpread=.5
PercentAtMax=.5
Wall=no
Wood=no
Verses=1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%,1%
Conventional=yes
InfDeath=3

NCoder
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be possible to introduce "prototyping" in Ares, as is seen for example in Fallout? That is, a type could, for all values not defined in its section, "default" to the values of a type defined as its prototype? For mods that add researchable upgrades and in anticipation of features such as production variants and veterancy NextTypes, would greatly help reduce file sizes.

Ex.:

Code:

; Abrams Tank with armor upgrade
[AbramsTank.Upgrade1]
ProtoType=AbramsTank
Strength=450 ; up from 400 on Abrams

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about a code reusement mechanism based on INI itself?

eg. We have
Code:
[A]
A Code
[B]
<A>
B Code

before INI parsing,  replace '<A>' with all content below [A] :
Code:
[B]
A Code
B Code

If we also have [C] :
Code:
[C]
<B>
C Code

then the final INI for game to parse will be:
Code:
[C]
A Code
B Code
C Code

Of course, following patterns should not be allowed:
Code:
[A]
<A>

Code:
[A]
<B>
[B]
<A>

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 6 of 16 [800 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 14, 15, 16 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon