Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Bug with Academy.VehicleVeterancy
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject:  Bug with Academy.VehicleVeterancy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My situation is
Code:

[B1]
Academy.VehicleVeterancy=2
Academy.Types=V1

[V1]
; vehicle type

[V2]
; vehicle type
InitialPayload.Types=V1
InitialPayload.Nums=1

If I create V1 directly from War factory, it gained elite status
If I create V2 which carries V1, once I undeploy V2, V1 still normal status, no elite status gained
I dont know this is bug or logic of Ares
Any guy know this ?

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is intended behavior, if you're building a thing that isn't veteran, you can undeploy it into a veteran, that's not how RA2 works.

Either add V2 to the list as well, or you're gonna have to deal with the game behaving as it should.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MRMIdAS wrote:
This is intended behavior, if you're building a thing that isn't veteran, you can undeploy it into a veteran, that's not how RA2 works.

Correction: he's building a unit that CONTAINS an elite unit, but somehow the unit that would be normally elite isn't when it's part of InitialPayload. (He dd say he'd deployed V2 which CARRIES V1)

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My idea is:
A unit can have many weapons
CARRIER_UNIT (OpenTopped=yes) contains LVL1, LVL2, LVL3 support units
Once user builds UPGRADE1 building, LVL1 unit will change it weapon to ElitePrimary (it has fake weapon in primary), and so on for LVL2, LVL3 and UPGRADE2, UPGRADE3 buildings
That great if units which is built with InitialPayload feature can have elite status

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think that's an entirely different system to grant experience to units that already exist. Academy adds the experience when built from the factory only and changing it to also grant experience to existing units would be wrong to do with it. The same thing happens with UC infantry they won't gain elite status until they leave the building IIRC, that's how the game works.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried PoweredBy passengers and robocenter and it doesn't work (passengers can't go online/offline inside) either :p
And I made a request on it long ago.

You can add the transport to Academy.Types
and add following to hide the veterancy of the transport
Code:
Promote.VeteranSound=none
Promote.EliteSound=none
Promote.VeteranFlash=0
Promote.EliteFlash=0
EVA.VeteranPromoted=none
EVA.ElitePromoted=none
Promote.IncludePassengers=yes                                   ;Elite all passenger
Insignia.Veteran=EMPTY_IMAGE
Insignia.Elite=EMPTY_IMAGE

linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cxtian39 wrote:
I tried PoweredBy passengers and robocenter and it doesn't work (passengers can't go online/offline inside) either :p
And I made a request on it long ago.

You can add the transport to Academy.Types
and add following to hide the veterancy of the transport
Code:
Promote.VeteranSound=none
Promote.EliteSound=none
Promote.VeteranFlash=0
Promote.EliteFlash=0
EVA.VeteranPromoted=none
EVA.ElitePromoted=none
Promote.IncludePassengers=yes                                   ;Elite all passenger
Insignia.Veteran=EMPTY_IMAGE
Insignia.Elite=EMPTY_IMAGE

Actually I want to change weapon of passengers once player build some building, not promote while attacking

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Add the transport to Academy.Types so that when you build the building, the transport gets elite, because the transport has Promote.IncludePassengers=yes, all passengers get elite and change weapon

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

linq2js wrote:
Actually I want to change weapon of passengers once player build some building, not promote while attacking
Not possible. Engine limits.
EDIT: cxtian's a ninja #Tongue

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
linq2js
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My first idea is:
Code:

[TANK1]
InitialPayload.Types=AMOR_L1,FIRE_L1,AMOR_L2,FIRE_L2 ...

[UPGAMR1] ; same for UPGAMR2, UPGAMR3
Academy.Types=AMOR_L1

[UPGFIRE1] ; same for UPGFIRE2, UPGFIRE3
Academy.Types=FIRE_L1

[AMOR_L1]
Primary=FakeWeapon
ElitePrimary=Armor1Buff

[FIRE_L1]
Primary=FakeWeapon
ElitePrimary=Fire1Buff

Once player builds UPGAMR1, all AMOR_L1 become elite veterancy, so they use ElitePrimary weapon, and transporter armor will be increased

I got Academy issue, so I work around with new idea, it uses EMPulseCannon, target to my allied and using AttachEffect in its warhead

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon