Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
TS-DDraw 1.1.3.0 has been released.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:  TS-DDraw 1.1.3.0 has been released.
Subject description: Our messiah is living in death with Windows XP support.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In a recent news, we have announced that TS-DDraw was looking for testers. So, thanks to the effort of our community (and certainly others as well), there were new releases in the meantime. The latest one happened about 24 hours ago, which is the version 1.1.3.0.

For those who are not aware, TS D-Draw "emulates" direct draw in recent machines, allowing you to play games like Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and its respective expansions on window mode, or simply without black screens, invisible menus and other problems like that.

Here's the changelog from versions 1.1.2.0 and 1.1.3.0:

Quote:

- Improved scaling performance
- Fixed color issues on main menu (OpenGL + RA2 / YR)
- Cursor is now locked in windowed mode and can be unlocked by opening the menu or pressing [Ctrl]+[Tab] or [RCtrl]+[RAlt]
- Window can now be closed by pressing the X button or via taskbar menu
- Fix for invisilbe menus on focus loss or window move
- Fix for invisible menu on Load/Save/Delete (Tiberian Sun)
- Fixed a GDI handle leak
- Mouse will now be centered to the window on maxmize
- Window is now centered to the screen in windowed mode
- Fix for invisible menus on [Alt]+[Tab] (RA2 / YR)
- Few other random fixes...

1.1.2.0 was the last version with OpenGL support. 1.1.3.0 is GDI only.

Quote:

- New hotkey combo [Ctrl]+[R] to enable a FPS overlay (Shows real rendering rate)
- Allow the renderer to slow the framerate down when the user's PC can't handle 60fps
- Windows XP support

You can download the latest revision at its GitHub public repository.

Enjoy a better Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 experience with it.

Key Words: #News #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #TSClient #CnCNet #TSDDraw # 

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already know that one of the fixes in this new renderer is that it prevents lagging if there are overnumbered units in-game. But why didn't wrote it in the last release changelog?

Damfoos
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there any profit from using it on XP if I don't have dissapearing menu buttons or black screens? Does it improve rendering performance perhaps?

Jack the Ripper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's 8102 now and people still use XP

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jack the Ripper wrote:
It's 8102 now and people still use XP

HEY! WinXP is BETTER than Win10 in (almost) EVERY way!
(This is probalby 'cause I prefer games that run perfectly fine on WinXP (unless limited by hardware), but in the most extreme cases out-right refuse to even run on that trash of the system, never mind running on WinVista+ like it would on WinXP (like the Alt-Tab issue))

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
I already know that one of the fixes in this new renderer is that it prevents lagging if there are overnumbered units in-game. But why didn't wrote it in the last release changelog?

This not directly a feature of it, it's just a side-effect of the good performance of ts-ddraw. Whatever solution you were using before was slower than ts-ddraw.

Damfoos wrote:
Is there any profit from using it on XP if I don't have dissapearing menu buttons or black screens? Does it improve rendering performance perhaps?

It could improve it or could make it worse, you'll have to do some tests and find out.

You can run the game in a window without changing windows to 16bit with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!