Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Forgotten Canyon [FS] [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:  Forgotten Canyon [FS] [2]
Subject description: Tiberian Sun Firestorm custom map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tiberian Sun fans,
I'm presenting you with a nice asymmetrical designed map for 2 players with plenty of tiberium and some custom effects. Details are in ReadMe file.
For additional information, compliments, problems, etc. send me a message.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

thumb_Forgotten Canyon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  207.92 KB
 Viewed:  2523 Time(s)

thumb_Forgotten Canyon.jpg

forgotten canyon.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  forgotten canyon.zip
 Filesize:  117.9 KB
 Downloaded:  45 Time(s)

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:49 pm; edited 11 times in total

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, I took a quick look at your map, here is some feedback:

Things I liked:
   detailed terrain, nice city to explore, good ambient lighting.

Some suggestions,improvements and fixes:
   visible end of map border at the bottom of map
Spoiler (click here to read it):

few cliffs have obvious repeating pattern, give it some variation

veinhole monster does not have animation, moving light 2-3 cells away should allow it

the base in the city is kinda overcrowded, I would put far less units there, also spotlight tower light directed inside this base makes it fell like prison. Same for the other spotlight, better to have it rotated to cliff entrance.

triggers are nice in this map, but having each one set to "elapsed time" is not good solution. Most of these triggers starts too soon at the start of map, players are not able to spot any these triggers because it is impossible to reach that part of a map that fast. Better solution would be making these triggers to start based on player's actions. For example, when some building in base is attacked or destroyed, send reinforcements to that location.

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tuc0,
Thank you for your reply and for suggestions on how to improve the map. It has been updated and re-posted.

Search light emitted by the light tower circles around the structure itself due to the changes I have made in the rules.ini file. The thing was that I wanted to build the light tower in the game itself, so I compromised and made the light circling around instead of making the 4 copies of the tower, each facing in different direction.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really nice map,  Rolling Eyes nice ilumination, nice triggers, and nice details...
I love these maps... oh yes...

I just see a problem with the Resources... Distrubution is unbalanced.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon