Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Green Evolution [FS] [2-3]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:  Green Evolution [FS] [2-3]
Subject description: Tiberian Sun Firestorm custom map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tiberian Sun fans,
I'm presenting you with a nice asymmetrical designed map for 3 players with plenty of tiberium and some custom effects.
For additional information, compliments, problems, etc. send me a message.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

PS:
Player, that starts on the middle of the map should create army ASAP, since there are a lot of Tiberium lifeforms close by.

thumb_Green Evolution.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.07 KB
 Viewed:  2823 Time(s)

thumb_Green Evolution.jpg

green evolution.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  green evolution.zip
 Filesize:  195.67 KB
 Downloaded:  51 Time(s)

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:48 pm; edited 11 times in total

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice little FS map, gave it a quick look with spectator and in Final Sun. Here are my suggestions:

Map preview image would be nice here.

Left and middle players could use a lot more space for bases.
Spoiler (click here to read it):

There are quite lot of broken shadows on cliff edges, usually because missing tiles or using wrong ones.

Missing cliff tiles in cliffs (click to see images)

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. Tuc0,
Thank you very much for your reply and comment, to be honest, I have overlooked those shadow problems, so thank you that you have noticed it. I will update the map and post it again when its fixed.
Could you please be so kind and tell me how to make a preview of the map, I am still figuring out, how things function when making a post and also how to change the uploaded map with new one.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:

Could you please be so kind and tell me how to make a preview of the map, I am still figuring out, how things function when making a post and also how to change the uploaded map with new one.
C0uCHP0t@t0

It's quite easy.
At the bottom select file and click add attachment.
I recommend using TS Client version of TS: open "Map Renderer" folder and run CNCMaps.Renderer.GUI.exe and there you select your map file and/or other options and click Render.
Here is resized and rendered your map if you want.

Green Evolution.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  402.62 KB
 Viewed:  3974 Time(s)

Green Evolution.png

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice asymmetric map. Could be improved.

Map seems bright. Ion storm makes it even brighter.

Started playing at the middle start location, before I made a refinery, my conyard was taken out by ion storm and power plant went down to jellyfish and was game over. Then started at right most start location, all my harvesters were destroyed by the tib lifeforms.

Ion storm could be delayed. Continuous meteor shower is repetitive, could give some timer gap. Tib lifeforms could be reduced or kept it a little far from start location so that players could develop their base.

Could give more base space at start locations.

TS Client: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=40462

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. Tuc0 and E1 Elite,
Again thank you both for your help and for comments on how to improve my map and how to add attachments. I have made above mentioned fixes to the map and will post it again.
The only thing I was not able to fix are those broken cliffs (mentioned above) so I have to apologize for that. I will make sure, that cliffs will be made properly in future maps.

PS:
Could you please tell me how to re-upload and delete the previous map. Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:
Could you please tell me how to re-upload and delete the previous map. Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Just hit the Edit button. In the attachments section, hit browse, and it'll over-write the old one, replacing it with the new one here on PPM.

Hope this helps.

As a side-note: You won't mind people using your maps in their mods, will you?
This is just a mere question, and I don't want you to feel forced to answer with "yes, you can add my map to your mod" or something.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. TAK02,
Thank you for your reply. Use the map any way you prefer, I don't complicate about that. If you would like to change it to meet your desires, I would only ask you to write the original author of the map into your "ReadMe" file (if you would want to re-upload the map, otherwise its not important). Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. Tuc0,
I apologize in advance, but could you be so kind to render the map, I have some problems rendering it and have to find the issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C0uCHP0t@t0 wrote:
Dear Mr. Tuc0,
I apologize in advance, but could you be so kind to render the map, I have some problems rendering it and have to find the issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Is 50% size enough? I wish my upload bandwidth was better.

Edit: for veins, put those veinhole monsters into 1 cell hole instead of flat surface. Also opening map in text editor and adding following text should make those invisible lamps immune to veins, so they won't be destroyed after veinhole is gone.
[INBLULMP]
ImmuneToVeins=yes

Green Evolution.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Green Evolution.zip
 Filesize:  8.56 MB
 Downloaded:  19 Time(s)

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Mr. Tuc0,
Again thank you for your reply and for rendering, it is amazing.
Enjoy the map.

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

C0uCHP0t@t0
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dear Tiberian Sun community,
The map Green evolution has been updated and re-posted. Those updates include expanded terrain for players that start in the left and in the middle of the map, delayed Ion storm, delayed Tiberian fiend "reinforcements", removed Tiberian lifeforms in the vicinity of the middle player and some minor terrain visual changes.
I have also tried to fix some cliffs, that were not made properly and cast inappropriate shadows, but failed completely, so I have to apologize for that.

Enjoy the map

Yours sincerely
C0uCHP0t@t0

Last edited by C0uCHP0t@t0 on Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoa, another nice map...
Just maybe the place of construction is some small  Laughing

thak you for the map... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon