Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS Alpine Valley [2-4]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:  FS Alpine Valley [2-4]
Subject description: My first map...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey y'all. Just got done with my first map. Took me quite a while to make (i'd say close to 4 weeks or so). But yeah. Here is Alpine Valley. Eyecandy was more important here than balance i'd say. But I tried my best to balance it out. Plus, I included 2 captureable refineries on the map for you to use, I doubt the AI would use them though.

There isin't much room to expand outside of the given spawns due to the copious amount of vegetation present on the map. But if you needed to, you could squeeze a conyard and a refinery out of the spawn.

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Thanks.

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to get the 'in-game' map preview to work in Tiberian Sun Client. If you could let me know how to make it work, I would be very thankful.

P.P.S. I will eventually make a 'night' version of this map. So stay tuned.

*UPDATED 4/8/18* Fixed minor issues.
*UPDATED 4/22/18* Changed a Tiberium patch, made a rock formation more complex and added 2 extra refineries to the map.

alpine_valley.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  530.8 KB
 Viewed:  6822 Time(s)

alpine_valley.png

SCRN0029.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

SCRN0029.png

SCRN0028.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.2 MB

SCRN0028.png

SCRN0027.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.24 MB

SCRN0027.png

SCRN0026.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.22 MB

SCRN0026.png

alpine_valley.map
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  alpine_valley.map
 Filesize:  272.12 KB
 Downloaded:  79 Time(s)

Last edited by IITITANII on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:12 am; edited 8 times in total

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Took a look in the map and I must say it is nicely crafted. I like some places like urban area with GDI forces and guarded barricades against tiberium wildlife. Got few opinions and some fix suggestions.

Some minor fixes:

Probably accidentally left, one cell near cliffs is raised by 4 levels.
Spoiler (click here to read it):

There are typos in your map file, [INORANLMP] instead of [INORANLAMP]
so added settings for your lamp didn't work. Also ImmunesToVeins=yes into ImmuneToVeins=yes. So it should work for you now.

Now some suggestions:

I would give a little more space to build, probably for all locations.

Also I would place inv. lamps out of veinholes and use veinhole monster from special overlay roll-out list at bottom section of FS to have working animation for VM.

Some cosmetic suggestions: moving some buildings and tiberium out of map border, to make it accessible and not cut in half (just my opinion, looks weird for me Smile  )

Overall it is very nice FS map, I will surely spent some more time playing it.

Quote:
P.S. I couldn't figure out how to get the 'in-game' map preview to work in Tiberian Sun Client. If you could let me know how to make it work, I would be very thankful.

Just go to INI folder and open MPMaps.ini in text editor and look how other maps are listed there. For WaypointsX use numbers that are in your map file.

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Probably accidentally left, one cell near cliffs is raised by 4 levels.

I did not see that at all when I was going through to fix those. Good catch.

Quote:
There are typos in your map file, [INORANLMP] instead of [INORANLAMP]
so added settings for your lamp didn't work. Also ImmunesToVeins=yes into ImmuneToVeins=yes. So it should work for you now.

I will get to those immediately. Working on a map while your tired isint good it seems. Laughing

Quote:
I would give a little more space to build, probably for all locations.

Yeah, I was concerned about space. I think adding more cliff pieces is out of the question, but I think removing alot of those trees will work. The more I think about it, this map was more of a test at what I could do rather than making a completely functional map. I will get to working on these fixes tomorrow. Thanks for your honest thoughts on this.  Smile

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice map once the aforementioned issues are taken care off.
Creates good atmosphere.

Remove the [Tubes] section and its entries if it is not doing anything.
Use Q45's Tool for plotting tunnel coordinates properly.
http://www.ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=37881

Thread title could be changed from TS to FS Alpine Valley [2-4].

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fixed the thread title.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, the visuals are astonishing. Can't believe this is somebody's first map.

Gameplay-wise, aside from the lack of build space (though IMO it doesn't seem that bad), the routes to enemy bases also seem a bit narrow and few.

Aside from that, truly great job for a first map!

IITITANII wrote:
I couldn't figure out how to get the 'in-game' map preview to work in Tiberian Sun Client. If you could let me know how to make it work, I would be very thankful.

You need to define the map and its preview in the MPMaps.ini file found in the game's INI folder. You should be able to figure it out by looking at how the existing maps are defined. PreviewSize defines the size of the preview in pixels, note however that it can't be larger than the actual preview frame in the client (max. dimensions are 800x500 px, width x height).

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

map looks quite nice, close to be symmetric, but the tiberium fields of the expansions dont have the same distance to each spawn, that hurts balance a bit Sad

I would put more entrances on the center pit tbh, two entrances make it too easy to block, considering there isnt that much room to maneuver and the top and bottom edge.

Also, these expansions bother me a little, since they feel a little imbalanced, the bottom expansion has more room to maneuver while the top has a tiny pit that can be attacked from all sides, feels unfair.

This map would be perfect for an AI or Campaign map, but for multiplayer, I dont know.

Also, offtopic question, is it normal that my editor gets bugged when it displays veinhole fields? kinda like this. https://imgur.com/a/REedc

bottom expo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Viewed:  6704 Time(s)

bottom expo.png

top expo.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  443.94 KB
 Viewed:  6704 Time(s)

top expo.png

Creator of Shattered Paradise .
ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
Also, offtopic question, is it normal that my editor gets bugged when it displays veinhole fields? kinda like this. https://imgur.com/a/REedc

This happens when the vein overlay has been modified, for some reason FinalSun fails to display some modified overlays. Same thing happens with Tiberium.

Not sure why the map appears blank white for you, though.

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I will try to fix these issues and update the map ASAP.  Very Happy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Nolt wrote:

This happens when the vein overlay has been modified, for some reason FinalSun fails to display some modified overlays. Same thing happens with Tiberium.

IIRC Overlays are shown as hex numbers in FinalSun when the RadarColor of the SHP is a certain value (not sure if it was actually 00 00 00 or some other value)

You can use Image Shaper to change/check the RadarColor.

Ontopic: cool map. Approved! Worth to be included in the public TS Client version imo.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ontopic: cool map. Approved! Worth to be included in the public TS Client version imo.

Thanks mate. I did speak with Rampastring about the map, he indeed wants to add it to the next update for TS Client.  Smile

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the lack of updates. Been trying to find a car to purchase...

Anyways. Here is a couple pictures of whats been changed (among some small fixes).

SCRN0035.png
 Description:
Redone that little Tberium patch and redid the refinery expansions, added a 2nd one on each side.
 Filesize:  1.29 MB
 Viewed:  6264 Time(s)

SCRN0035.png

SCRN0036.png
 Description:
Ditto. Everything is still subject to change though.
 Filesize:  727.17 KB
 Viewed:  6264 Time(s)

SCRN0036.png

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhm, I cannot spot the changes in the new file you uploaded, nice work anyway.

ORA Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/tuhp9m6 , SP Discord https://discord.gg/hk428Wk

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
Uhm, I cannot spot the changes in the new file you uploaded, nice work anyway.

Yeah, I'll have to update the file tomorrow. Still need to fix one thing and haven't gotten around to it. Sorry about that.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The outposts are better now that they have more space for expansion. However, I can't help feel odd that they have working spotlights in otherwise abandoned facilities #Tongue

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
The outposts are better now that they have more space for expansion. However, I can't help feel odd that they have working spotlights in otherwise abandoned facilities #Tongue

Yeah, thats one of things I was thinking about changing. If fix it today and update the map file.  Smile

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, just put some damage on them, by the way, how does experience work on Tiberian sun? can you kill those neutral titans to give your troops exp? If so I would definetly delete those :S

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nolt wrote:
...how does experience work on Tiberian sun? can you kill those neutral titans to give your troops exp? If so I would definetly delete those :S

I am really not sure. Thanks for pointing that out though.

Map file updated. Expanded spawns should be up next.  Smile

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I played it a bit, it looks nice but feels a little choky.

Also, I dont know if I am nitpicking at this point (sorry about that), but I dont think its a good idea to add elevation for these expansions, it looks good for deco sure but, atleast where I play, we need to get these conyards on the field to expand, and there is no room for it.

I dont know if there is room for powerplant spam expansion either.

Otherwise good job.

fds.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Viewed:  6125 Time(s)

fds.png

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice job IITITANII, very impresive details.... Rolling Eyes

Testing map in Global Crisis

@Nolt, boi...

IITITANII
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:

Whoa, my map looks good incredible with Global Crisis (not trying to sound full of myself... Rolling Eyes). I'm actually quite stunned... Laughing Looks awesome for not being made specifically for the mod.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
Testing map in Global Crisis

Wow, amazing work, turns every tile of map into masterpiece  Shocked

Are you using map converter TS into RA2 or do you copy terrain sections into RA2 blank map to get it open?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Copy the map file itself as it is replicating TS terrain, overlay and objects.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ts maps are really nice jobs, detailed and with his own history...

Global Crisis include all TS maps of the tib web and ppm site... like 70 maps

Actually the maps works without conversion, just change the file extension (mpr > map) and done...
Because Ra2 is basically same than TS, anyway Is necesary a change the theater codes and add units of TS.

A example is: I use the T-90 for replace the Titan mech.

hmm... someone here wants made some maps for GC?  Rolling Eyes

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
Ts maps are really nice jobs, detailed and with his own history...

Global Crisis include all TS maps of the tib web and ppm site... like 70 maps

Actually the maps works without conversion, just change the file extension (mpr > map) and done...
Because Ra2 is basically same than TS, anyway Is necesary a change the theater codes and add units of TS.

A example is: I use the T-90 for replace the Titan mech.

Sounds incredible, can't wait to see some more screenshots from any familiar TS maps.

How does it handle campaign maps? Are there any issues regarding Houses or specific trigger Actions?

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS maps are art pieces... but my colection is really incomplete, I think... maybe do you have any recopilation of maps? Smile

actually just MP works... campaign and his settings are too diferent to RA2... too hard I think...
anyway this mode is under dev, some maps and triggers make crash ingame...

hmm if you want try the mod and see these things Smile

cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon