Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Music
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TDC
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:  Music Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed in this mod there's a track extracted from old shellac disk. I am collector of this kind of material, owning 300-400? (approximate, don't know) units and pieces like "La Marsellaise", "C'est si bon" (1946), "In the Mood" (by Glenn Miller), "La Mer" (Charles Trenet), "1812" (conducted by Leopold Stokowsky), "El cant de la Senyera" (by Orfeó Català, conducted by Millet), "God save the Tsar" (this one is a Pathé). I think I have all disks of Jacqueline François and have some more of Charles Trenet. I do even own 25? berliners and a few recordable disks.
I need some kind of inventory, because I don't know how many discs I own nor I don't know if I have any other interesting title.
If you need any track my collection could provide, please feel free to ask.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have my own collection of period music too, manly digital tho which I ripped from CDs or found on the web. Of course most of these recording are copied from the old original shellac disks in the first place.

BTW If I do ever add Spain I'll need some period music for them, any suggestion?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
TDC
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the republic, its unofficial anthem was "Himmno de Riego", for Catalonia (it was one of the three main industrial sites of the republican army, along as Vasque Country and Madrid) "Els Segadors" o "El Cant de la Senyera" are fine. "¡Ay Carmela!" is also a good piece for the Republic. As for the Nationalists, the falangists and carlists had their own anthems. Here are some. For more casual Spanish music I can dig on my disks. Forgot to tell that I have Caruso's disks and that most disks in my collection are French.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon